New to TTC. Living in Germany

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: New to TTC. Living in Germany

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:59 am

It seems like everyone who conceives does it when they are most relaxed and not trying too hard. My first and only pregnancy was just like that. I didn't care about drinking, I never used opks or temped, I drank coffee 3 or 4 times a day and I really just didn't care. I only Remember bding a couple times that month and they were far from each other. After a very long time with symptoms I finally tested and it was positive. Times before that I'd feel any slight sympton and test and get a bfn. I don't know why that month I tested so late. I just didn't think I could be pregnant. Sadly it ended though.

This next time I'm definitely going to try to not care so much and just take it easy and see what happens. I'm glad it ended up working for you!

Have you had any ultrasounds yet?
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Angelalala » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:25 am

So sorry for your loss. I'm sure words don't suffice. Hugs.

Yes I had an ultrasound when it was confirmed and it was a tiny black dot on the screen. Hope to have one again when I go in this week.

I've been stressed out cause of my boss overreacting and the maternity laws here that are supposed to protect me from illness that could lead to miscarriage. On Thursday I find out if I go back to work or not. There are so many germs with kids and I work in a class of 2 yo. Lots of diapers etc. Trying not to stress too much but easier said than done when boss is breathing down my neck and I don't have answers until Thursday.
Angelalala
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:19 pm

That's so nice that they do ultrasounds so early there! I have some issues that make me "high risk" so I'm sure I'll have an early ultrasound, luckily, but if not I'd have to wait till 8 weeks! I would die... I hope your next ultrasound shows more and you can hear a heartbeat!

Why is your boss overreacting? What will happen if you can't go back to work? Will they hold your job until you're further along and less at danger or will you be able to return after baby is born? Young kids are constantly sick so that would definitely be a worry for me to get sick so early in pregnancy and miscarry. I wish laws in the US were more strict about maternity.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Angelalala » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:56 am

I agree, waiting until 8 weeks would be so hard! I've had enough of an emotional rollercoaster waiting for my appointment tomorrow to find out what the lab results say about my antibodies.

There are a couple of different options and really it depends on my doctor and my antibodies. Because I work with such young children and there is diapering, lifting, and so much germiness involved it's highly likely that my doctor will put me on disability until the baby is born. My doctor could also say I can work but I should reduce my hours. Or she could say that I should stay home until week 20 and can return to work when there are fewer risks to the baby. All this I find out tomorrow.

Guess boss is scared cause I'm the first one and it's new territory. The law here is yes that I am entitled to my job after my maternity leave so the company has to either rehire me in my old job or offer me an equivalent. If my doctor tells me tomorrow I am not immune to diseases like fifth's disease which could cause a miscarriage and I am out completely, then my salary is reimbursed to my company from my health insurance. And of course my company can hire a replacement for me. Honestly, I think that is the best option, because anything else that is in between isn't a huge help to anyone. Two year olds exhausted me before I got pregnant. I'm not magically going to have more patience and energy now. I nap longer than they do every day at the moment!

The thing is also we spend a great deal of time at public parks, which have no restrooms. We're talking like 4 hours. So any bodily functions I'd have to take care of during those 4 hours would have to be done on a public playground. There isn't even a cafe or shop nearby. Great.

Cross your fingers for me. I can let you know after my appointment tomorrow.

I know maternity / family leave policies in the States are nowhere near the European ones. Are you working? What's it like at your company?
Angelalala
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Wow. I didn't thinking working with toddlers was such a chore! I was a nanny to toddler twins for almost 3 years and it was so much fun. I did get tired, but watching over several 2 year olds must be tiring. I can't believe you play at a public park for 4 hours with no bathrooms! I would pee myself. Will you get paid the entire time and then your insurance will reimburse your work place? That sounds so nice! I really wish we had something like that here.

I work in a medical facility. I deal with sick people, germs, blood, vomit, harsh chemicals in cleaners, etc. We have these wipes that are used to clean everything and they can kill diseases as bad as AIDS. If you get them on your skin they can cause cancer. I also have to lift very heavy boxes and push around beds with HEAVY patients. Sometimes I worry that this isn't the best place to work while pregnant, but my only options would be to quit with no pay or wait it out until I gave birth. But even after that I don't get maternity leave.

Anyway, I hope your appointment goes well and you will get the answer you'd like to hear. Good luck!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Angelalala » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:17 am

Hey there,

sorry it took me so long to write back. Doc visits and rough all day nausea. Although, I have now found that Sea Bands are helping. I thought they were only for motion sickness but they have been a huuuuge help to me now. This time last week I was lying on the couch happy if I ate a few peanuts before noon and a few bites of yogurt or apple sauce after. Now I'm having several meals a day and don't have to lie down on the couch waiting for the nausea to pass. I think they were like 8 bucks at Target too. So glad I have them!

Yes, 9 toddlers are a handful. Even on good days. :) Yes, I will get paid up until several weeks after delivery, and this is covered by my health insurance company here. After that I have a reduced paycheck like 60% or so, for about a year and this is covered from the state. It's a great system because it's allowing me to stay home regardless of what my husband's employment situation looks like at the time. He will be graduating from his Masters program in August and is currently in negotiations for a job, but it is not offering the compensation we had hoped for. We'll see.

Wow, your job does not sound prego-friendly at all. There isn't an option for you to do paperwork or filing somehow?

At this ultrasound I was able to see the embryo move. Insane!

We have more tests to do, because one of them tested whether I am currently infected with fifth's disease, rather than whether or not I have antibodies to it. So we have to do it again. I am at home for a week waiting for the results. Doctor expects me not to return to work.

Only a month until I share the news with my in laws. Getting nervous!

Sunny greetings from Germany :)
Angelalala
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:50 am

I'm glad all seems to be going well with you, besides nausea. I'm glad that you've found medicine that helps with it and is safe during pregnancy. It's really nice that you'll get full pay up until you deliver and even after still get paid even if it isn't full wages. My job isnt very pregnant friendly but if it turns out to be absolutely horrible when I am pregnant I'll just look for something else or I'll see if I can just do paperwork and stay away from the chemicals.

I'm glad you got to see your baby! That must be so exciting! I hope your test results come back normal and you'll hear from your doctor whether or not you'll go back to work. Keep me updated!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby First timer » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:16 pm

Hi!

I am sorry I stopped replying. My schedule got hectic for a while.

I just read everything I missed. Angelalala, awesome news!! I am so happy for you! Has it all sunk in yet? I might still your idea of the 24 date ideas, and thank you for recommending the book.

How are you, Jzscott? Are you in the two week wait?

After the BFN in January, my husband and I did not ttc during February. We live in Mexico, so we though it would be responsible to test for parasites before getting pregnant. After finding out that we are completely healthy, we bd when ever we are relaxed and romance happens in our home and during a weekend trip we had (without thinking too much of the timing).

I did take my temperature every day and today I am looking at things retrospectively. I will empty here my OvuView app data, lets see what happens and if it is helpful for someone in the future:

Today I am in d22 of my cycle (5dpo).
Ovulation day was d18 of my cycle.
We bd on days 12, 14, 15, 18 and 20 of my cycle.
The length of my cycle varies (24 to 32 days).
If I do not get pregnant, af should be here on March 16th. If she is late, I am not taking any tests until April.

We might have missed two of the most crucial days to bd (a few days before ovulation), according to what I have read on forums), but who cares? It was great, relaxing, fun and romantic!

I am not going to get crazy spotting symptoms this time. All I have noticed so far is some really mild breast tenderness, but I learned in January that it is normal.

So, I am officially in the two week wait. Taking care of my health, trying not to get stressed. Most importantly, I am happy taking this approach to ttc.

How about you Jzscott?
First timer
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Good to see you again firsttimer! I'm glad that you've relaxed this cycle and have stayed calm and, although you stil tried, it doesn't seem to have consumed you. Even though you didn't bd during those crucial days you still got in a good amount! I really hope this ends up working for you! If you don't get AF by March 16 why are you waiting until April to test? That just seems like a very long time to wait!

Are you from Mexico or just living there for a short period of time? I'm glad your tests came back normal and there are no parasites!

I'm currently on cd 11, waiting to ovulate. I finished my third round of clomid at 100mg on days 5-9. I'm really hoping it works and we can bd on the most opportune days! I feel like we've been at this forever. I'm thinking I will ovulate later like cd 17-20 and I'll most likely take a test on April 1st if AF hasn't arrived already.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby First timer » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:42 am

Hi! Glad to be back and sharing!

Yeah, maybe until April is a long waiting time and I might not follow through with that... he he he. It is just that being too expectant has stressed me and messed up with my cycle in the past. So now I know that it is possible for AF to be late with out it meaning that I am pregnant. All I really want is to avoid false negatives and wait until the tests are more reliable. Maybe, if AF is late, I will test on the last week of March(?) I am not sure.

Yes, we reside in Mexico, but we were living in Canada last year. We had forgotten about the drill and testing for parasites is important here to avoid anemia. Also, the treatment to get rid of them can be teratogenic. I am so happy we are clear.

So, I understand that you have your progesterone checked instead of your temperature. Is that done with the opks? I wonder if I can find those in drugstores here. My schedule is also wacky some times and I notice how my temperature is lower the earlier I take it. I guess it is not very reliable, but I try to find a pattern and I think that I have always been able to pinpoint my ovulation day. Fingers crossed so I won't have to buy a kit and so that you won't need to ever again. Best of luck to you!

Rest as much as you can, enjoy ttc during this cycle, have a fun and romantic time! I can't wait for you to give me some BFP news.
First timer
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 pm

Waiting to test can be so hard! And testing after a missed period and getting a negative is even worse! I hope I can wait till April. I'm going to wait until March 19 for ovulation and if it hasn't come by then then I'll probably just give up.

I get my progesterone tested at my doctors office. I don't know if they have kits to do it but that would be nice. It's weird how temperatures can differ so much throughout the day. That's why I feel like it would just confuse me too much.

So far I'm enjoying ttc this cycle but if I ovulate really late I may get very upset and tired of all the bding.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Angelalala » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:30 am

Hey Ladies,

welcome back First timer! Sounds good so far.

My fingers are crossed for both of you! Sounds like you're both doing a great job relaxing and enjoying it all as much as you can, which is no easy task.

Babydust to you both and keep us posted!

Happy spring thoughts from sunny Germany (for once..)
Angelalala
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi Angelalala, I hope your pregnancy is going well and yay for good weather!

First timer, I hope you're doing well! Not too much longer until you're able to test. I hope you get your bfp. Fingers crossed for you!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC in our 20s