Hello All :)

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hello All :)

Postby Firstcomeslove » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:47 pm

Hello girls,

I am 23 (soon to be 24) and hubby is 25, we've been married 2 1/2 years. We are currently TTC#1 and have been for about 5 months. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago and have really irregular periods. They normally range anywhere from 28-38 days, but have gone as long as 46. However, today AF beat the record at 47 .

I had no idea that this process would hurt so bad so early. I know that it's not uncommon for it to take a couple several months to conceive, especially with PCOS, but this is all so heartbreaking. I can feel myself getting more devastated and bitter every month. I was two weeks later than my average today and had what I thought were promising symptoms. I try so hard not to get hopeful, but I really thought there was a chance this month. I have several close friends and family members getting pregnant/ 2 just had babies and it seems the questions of when were going to try don't stop now. A few people know where trying but not many. The questions get so painful.

Sorry for rambling! I'm just excited to hopefully get more involved here and get to know some of you ladies better. Feeling like I could really use the support lately.

My question is should I make an appointment with my doctor? I saw her about a year ago when I was diagnosed, but not since TTC. February will be 6 months, but I know that we're still young so I'm just not really sure what's usual with PCOS. I'm just worried I might not be ovulating, but also don't want to waste a bunch of money for no reason.

Wow that was long...eek. Sorry! I feel like a basket case, but hopeful to get to know you all!
TTC #1 w/PCOS since 9/2014
Firstcomeslove
Friend

Re: Hello All :)

Postby _Cass_ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi!

I'm curious if you've used OPK's? It might be a way to see if you're ovulating. If you've done that, I might give it a couple more months before spending $ on the doc.

What other methods are you using: OPK's, pre-seed, etc...?

I'm 25 (26 in couple months) DH is 27, together 9 yrs on *BC for 11 years*, we are ttc #1, going on the 4th month. I has an ovarian cystic tumor removed about a month before ttc, so things should be regulating...

(A couple friends recently delivered and BFP'd)
I completely understand where you're coming from, it's heart breaking as everyone around you has their little bundles of joy and you're praying for just a BFP.

I've gone from stalking to involvement as well on the boards (only took my 4 months to make an account). If you've stalked as well, you know you aren't a basket case, this is hard to go through! You aren't alone :) *hugs*
_Cass_
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Firstcomeslove » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 am

Thank you so much for your reply! I have definitely been stalking the site for a long time and it is so helpful to not feel alone in it all. It seems like that first day or two if AF still makes me feel crazy though! Ha stupid hormones.

So far we haven't been using any of those. I really wanted to just be as relaxed as possible for a while and try naturally, while tracking my periods and symptoms. However, I can't take it anymore! :) I went out yesterday and bought a basal thermometer and will buy ovulation tests soon as well. I'm really ready to do whatever it takes at this point. I was really feeling hopeless, but the idea of finding out when I'm ovulating for sure really gives me some renewed hope.
Firstcomeslove
Friend

Postby _Cass_ » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:55 am

I hear you. I don't temp, just because I didn't want something else to worry about. But.. If this month doesn't pan out, I will be at the store myself in a week.

Since I went off BC (nuvaring) I've gotten to really "feel" my hormones.. insanity and all. Add in the stress of catching an eggie and I've been a semi mess LOL.

We tried pre-seed this last cycle because I don't have as much fertile CM as I felt like I used to when I was younger. We shall see if it helps, there's also other stuff like mucinex I might try next cycle. I might take it easy for a few months.. I really wanted a Sept/Oct baby (Nov/Dec is so crazy). So I'm debating chilling out on the heavy stuff until May or so. (knowing me I'll still be checking everything no matter what.)

Let me know how temping goes! You're a couple days into AF, right? Perfect time to start from what I can tell :) Do you use any apps?
_Cass_
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Firstcomeslove » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Thats exactly how I felt about temping until I basically just ran out of hope and was really afraid I wasn't ovulating. I really think it has been negatively affecting my sleep and because of that it has messed up my chart a bit the last few days. I used to only use an app called iPeriod to track my cycles and some symptoms, but since my periods were so irregular (28-47 days) I could never trust the averages.

Now I'm using Fertility Friend. I think knowing when I ovulate will create a lot less stress for me while trying to track my cycles, but it's definitely going to take some getting used to. I use to never wake up before my alarm, but I have the last several days. However, I think its worth it and my work has paid off this month. I got solid crosshairs on my chart and ovulated on cd 15! Knowing this is just feels so freeing! I dont feel like I have to force hubby into bding every day all month without any romance left :rofl: . Have you used OPKs? I read that they might not work for me, since I have PCOS, but it seems that they did. I got the Clearblue Advanced Ovulation Kit. It was a bit pricey, but I ended up only using two since I ovulated so soon and loved not having to decipher them on my own.

How are you doing??
Attachments
first chart.png
first chart.png (14.75 KiB) Viewed 893 times
Firstcomeslove
Friend

Postby Sumia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:42 pm

My husband and I have been ttc for almost a year and unsucessful. I bought a ovulation kit and found out that I am an early ovulator. My af is 7 sometimes 8 days and if I don't do the deed the day I stop af, I miss my window. The kit really helped because second month I got pregnant! I didn't temp and I didn't use a basil. Just the opk. :) my fingers are crossed for you!
DH: 29 (Less than 10% sperm survivability)
Me: 29 (Fertile)
BFP 3/2014 Lost at 4 weeks. (Fell down stairs in house)
BFP 1/15/2015 Lost at 4 weeks. (Fell down stairs in house)
BFP: 2/10/15
1st Dr appt 3/27/15 for heartbeat
3/27/15 ImageHeartbeat 184Image
4/14/15 ImageHeartbeat 164Image
Image It's a GIRL! Image
Using Digital Ovulation Kits.
TTC Since 3/2014!
Married since 6/13/2013
Sumia
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby _Cass_ » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:45 am

Hi Gals!

I will be starting OPK's and temping next month.. (Although the temping may not work well for me cause of getting up on and off).

Sumia! Congrats! I love hearing success stories like that :) How are you feeling now?

Firstcomeslove - how're you doing? I took this month off and haven't been checking or tracking much at all. However, next month I'm hitting it hard. Soy Isoflavones, natural progesterone cream, false unicorn root tea, and OPK's. Then a couple extra vitamins with the pre-natals.

Happy late V-Day to you both - hope it was a good one!
_Cass_
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 20s