help.. am I getting my hopes up?

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

help.. am I getting my hopes up?

Postby redneckprincess89 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:26 am

So my fiance and I are ttc. I ovulated on 5/21/15 and we had unprotected intercourse. I have pcos and I am on metformin to help me ovulated. Right now I am 5 days before my period should be here and I feel very full in my pelvic area. I haven't had any morning sickness or sore breasts. I don't want to get my hopes up to only take a hpt and have it come back negative. Any thoughts? Tia
redneckprincess89

Re: help.. am I getting my hopes up?

Postby Kbarron277 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am

I'd take a test just to see :) that way you can take your mind off it. At this point it should be a very accurate result.

Best of luck to you!!
Trying for baby number 1! :)

BFP - 12-11-15

Miscarried on 3-2-15 at 8 weeks
Kbarron277
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: help.. am I getting my hopes up?

Postby penguinhearts » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:36 am

5 days before your period can still be too early to test. Even First Response tests that claim to tell you 6 days sooner don't always work. Many people uses a FR and don't get a + until right before their period is due or even after it is late! It all depends on when exactly you ovulated and when implantation took place, which is different for everyone. Nothing wrong with going ahead and testing now, but just know that a negative now does not mean that you won't get a positive later. Good luck and fingers crossed for you! It will happen for you whether it is this month or not! :)
penguinhearts
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s