Most annoying thing about TTC in your 20s...

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Most annoying thing about TTC in your 20s...

Postby blooop » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:50 pm

I'm so sick of people telling me we should wait! My number one goal in life is to be a mother... and I hear this from everybody. I hear this from my own parents, when my mum had her first when she was younger than me! And we're in a way better financial situation than my parents were. It annoys me that they don't understand why it is important to us. My husband is getting older too, and we want to have a lot of children... I doubt he wants to be dealing with toddlers when he's almost 50! Come on! :shock: Anybody else dealing with this?

Me: 23
DH: 29
#1 due August 22, 2016

blooop
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Most annoying thing about TTC in your 20s...

Postby TracieMarie77 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:30 am

There is no right timing. You need to do what you feel is best for yourself and your family. I always wanted to be a mom myself. Ideally I wanted to be married and have my first child by 25. Well I didn't get married until my late 20's the marriage was not good and ended in divorce. Now I am with a great guy and I am 38 and trying for my first. It's kind of a "if it happens, it happens, if not hey I tried". But just sayin I just turned 38 my bd 39. So it's something I think about in the back of my mind. I won't let that or anyone else's opinions stop me, and you shouldn't either. It can take some people YEARS to conceive successfully, I'm not saying that would be your case but it's better to start now while you have more time on your side. Hang in there and be positive.
TracieMarie77
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby blooop » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:32 am

Thanks. I agree with you. My husband and I feel 100% ready, we're in a good place financially, and I'm about to turn 23... it could happen this month or it could happen years from now so why should we wait? I'm sorry to hear your first marriage turned out badly... glad you have a good man now. Good luck TTC :D

#1 due August 22, 2016

blooop
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby TracieMarie77 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:53 am

Hey it sounds like you're very level headed. And esp if you're in a good financial position -go for it!!! Thanks you too! :)
TracieMarie77
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Josie88 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:03 am

Yes I can relate to this! I always hear oh you're still young just give it time and relax! I always wanted to have kids while I'm young and after 10 months I'm honestly starting to freak out a little! It seems almost every one of my friends is having babies or pregnant and it gets hard after a while to be happy for everyone else! :?
Josie88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby blooop » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:12 am

YES! 100% :P People have no idea how annoying their comments are, I guess... NO, we're not too young, my grandma got married and pregnant when she was 16 thanks. She turned out OK. hahaha.
People who have only had oopsie babies or just haven't started trying yet don't really know how nuts this stuff can make you lol. I'm certifiable at this point.

#1 due August 22, 2016

blooop
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby BFPPlease » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:30 am

I totally agree with you on this. Although my boyfriend and I are not married, we have been together for two years, live together, and talk openly about marriage with my parents. I had been on the pill for eight years, and the last one I was on made me physically sick so we decided to just get off of it. Explaining that to my mom would not be a good conversation. But we are just ready, when it is meant to be for us to be parents we will. We don't want to look back and wish we started earlier because it took us a long time to conceive. Good luck!!
Ashley (24) in love with Stephen (28)
TTC#1 since November 2015

My Ovulation Chart
BFPPlease
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby blooop » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:07 am

Yeah, I see where you are coming from. I believe it's best be married before getting pregnant just for the stability and my religious beliefs but I would never try to force my views on somebody else. In the end you have to make your own choices and nobody should force theirs on you, they should just let you know what they think is right and then leave you alone. I try to listen to my parents because I know they just want to help me, but I think it's been so long since they were young that they just forget how strong the biological impulses are to have children lol.

#1 due August 22, 2016

blooop
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to TTC in our 20s