First Post + CVS Early Result PG Test - False Negatives?

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First Post + CVS Early Result PG Test - False Negatives?

Postby JenJCS » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:53 am

Hi all! This is my first post here on the TWW forums :). A little about me: I'm 28 years old, and have been married to my husband, aged 36, for just over two years. We live in the Boston area. My cycles are fairly regular -- typically 29 days with 5 days AF and a 10-11 day luteal phase. I have been charting my BBT using the Lady Comp for two years this coming January.

We just started TTC this cycle, and I am currently on CD31. We BD'd three times during the Lady Comp and Glow app suggestions for my fertile window, but I haven't been checking my CM so I'm not sure if/when I ovulated.

I had purchased the CVS Early result pregnancy tests (the ones with the blue dye -- I know, not good) and I took one two days prior to when AF was expected and the day of. Both were pretty clearly negative, but AF has yet to show up. The longest my cycles have ever been are around 33 days, so I'm not planning to test again until Monday (I ordered the BFP midstream tests from Fairhaven Health). Have any of you experienced false negatives using the CVS brand or other blue dye pregnancy tests?

I'm hopeful. I've had some breast soreness and light cramping, but these could be PMS symptoms as well, so I'm trying not to get too excited.

Thanks all! I'm excited to join this community :).
JenJCS
Friend

Re: First Post + CVS Early Result PG Test - False Negatives?

Postby Mavie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Hello JenJCS,

I have not had false-positive tests (or any positives for that matter) though I'm wishing you luck and sending lots of baby dust your way. :)
Mavie
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s