12dpo and still getting BFNs. How discouraging.

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

12dpo and still getting BFNs. How discouraging.

Postby Emily1989 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:55 am

So DP and I are on our first cycle of TTC and I definitely think this is not our cycle. I took an EPT at 9dpo and it was BFN and again this morning at 12dpo and same thing. AF is due Sunday and I can just tell she's on her way. I'm so disappointed because I always thought it would be so easy for me to get pregnant. Both DP and I are from big families. Both my older sister and his older brother had "whoopsie babies" for their firsts. My sister got pregnant the first time she had sex with her then-bf now-husband and now they have a 2yo and a 1 week old. My sister went so far as to say, "I don't know how NOT to get pregnant!" Uuuugggghhhhh. So needless to say, I had high hopes for our first try. I quit smoking and quit drinking (which is a tough task when your DP works for one of the best breweries in the country). My sister knows we are TTC and while supportive, she doesn't know what it feels like to want to be pregnant and then be disappointed when you don't conceive. Both her children were unplanned. We are going to try again this next cycle, but if I don't get pregnant, we will up our game with charts and O testing and all the tricks in the book. My best friend is due in September with her 2nd bio baby (she fosters as well) and I want nothing more than to have a little one of my own.

Thanks for reading my semi-rant/whining session. Anyone else feeling this way?
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: 12dpo and still getting BFNs. How discouraging.

Postby chelseakitty » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:55 am

HI Emily, I am my first month TTC and I am apprx 10dpo with BFN's. It's discouraging so far. I would highly recommend using OPK's and SMEP this month, I will be doing the same. Do you know when you O'd last month?
TTC Baby #1. Me (29) an DH (29). :D :D :D
chelseakitty

Postby Emily1989 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:25 am

Hi Chelsea! I have an idea of when I O'd because I've been tracking my periods for a long time so I should have O'd on the 14th. BD'd on the 13th, 14th, and 15th. BFNs at 9dpo, 12dpo, and now 14dpo. AF due today but not yet here. My DP talked me out of OPK for this month. He is so confident that we will get pregnant this next go around. If not in March, I'm going to use OPK's starting in April. I have a fairly short cycle. 24 days. Fx for your BFP. It's still early, and I am keeping my hopes up for you!!
Emily (26)
DP (27)
My nephew arrived 2/19/16. His nephew arrived 2/12/16. We're hoping it's our turn next!
Emily1989
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby chelseakitty » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Ok, FX for you too! I think looking out for EWCM would be good for you to do in next cycle if you aren't using OPK's just for extra certainty on O Date :) I got a positive OPK and EWCM on 18th Feb. We BD'd 15th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 22nd (SMEP method). If it didn't work it could be that my hormone levels were weird as I had just come off pill and hadn't had a proper AF cycle before TTC.
What was weird for me is that on 23rd/24th I had high fertility readings on OPK which denotes a rise in estrogen. I thought maybe that was a good sign... anyway my AF isn't due until Saturday according to Ovia. Ovia also suggests that I shouldn't take a test until DPO 12 which Is Tuesday Apparently you are most common to have BFP's around DPO 11/12. So I'm not out yet. And you aren't either !
Even if it doesn't work this month we will have the excitement of trying for Christmas babies xx
TTC Baby #1. Me (29) an DH (29). :D :D :D
chelseakitty

Return to TTC in our 20s