Ttc for the first time

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ttc for the first time

Postby CalRN03 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi, I am 25 years old and my husband and I have decided to start ttc. I came off of the pills a month and a half ago and have been carting. I have not seemed to ovulate since coming off the pill. Just wondering how long it took most people to ovulate after coming off the pill. If people found it took a couple of cycles or if they ovulated right away.
Thanks in advance!
CalRN03
Friend

Re: Ttc for the first time

Postby smithbabyfever » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Coming off bc is different for everyone. A lot of women dont start a regular cycle for about 6 months to a year and some go back to normal right away. You could also have a withdrawal bleed which should not be considered a real AF but u could still ovulate. Just try to BD evry day or every other day until your cycles go back to normal. I am using opks and bbt chart and fertility friend to track my cycle. Hope this helps!
smithbabyfever

Postby CalRN03 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:31 am

Thanks so much for the reply. Hopefully it won't take a year. Used my first opk today and it was negative. I'm having some trouble telling if I have any cervical mucous but hopefully it will become more obvious with time!
Thanks again!
CalRN03
Friend

Postby lealea2016 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Hiya.. Just wanted to pass on some positives, a friend of mine was on the pill for like 8months, & her cycles was back to normal after 3months, I imagine everyone is different so whether yours settle back in sooner or later that's perfectly normal everyone's body reacts differently. Also I myself had issues with CM most months, but after testing with doc, everything was fine. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there hun. But drinking a ton of water really, reallllly helps I notice the difference a lot in the cycles where I drink like 2ltrs a day. X
lealea2016
Friend

Postby CalRN03 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I do try to drink a lot of water when I can. I got a positive opk two days ago on cd31! unfortunately couldn't bd due to working nights but hopefully next month. My temp did seem to spike today but we will have to wait for the 3 higher temps in a row to confirm. Just seems like a very long cycle so I assume my lp will be pretty short next cycle. Hopefully my body will readjust more and next cycle will be more on track! Next cycle will be cycle 3 off bc so hopefully things readjust!
Thanks so much for the support.
CalRN03
Friend

Return to TTC in our 20s