TTC Restart

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC Restart

Postby nursemommy87 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Hello Everyone!!

I am new to this forum but am currently in my tww and thought some support might be good. I am a lesbian and so my wife and I will be ttc using AI. My wife is nine years older than me and already has a sixteen year old son so I will be the one to carry. We decided at the end of December of last year to start trying for a baby and were using a known donor who was a friend. There was issues with that so after a cycle and a half we pulled the plug on that situation. We then went with another donor that was known and used that donor until April but experienced problems with them as well. We both decided it would be a good idea to take a break so we took most of the summer off and then proceeded back on our mission. In January I had registered on Known Donor Registry site and had some awesome luck in finding a donor that fit what we were looking for and had kept in contact with him throughout the year. We finally flew him into town this weekend for my ovulation time and we inseminated!! I'm currently 4dpo and super antsy!! Every day seems like the longest most agonizing time but I know eventually I will know. I think the hardest thing is not stressing about disappointment. After five months of ttc and getting bfn's I'm just worried. This time we used preseed and softcups and I'm hoping that did the trick. My donor has sever children through donation so I'm hoping I get to be one more!! I'm trying not to look at every single symptom, but it's so hard!! Anyone else in a same-sex relationship ttc or going through the same thing?

nursemommy87

Re: TTC Restart

Postby boatlife » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:52 am

Hi Nursemommy! I am in a similar situation - my wife and I have been together for almost 8 years, and I have an 8-year old DS from a previous relationship. We have been talking about adding to our family for a couple years, but I wanted to make sure I finished school and got a career on track. I had an IUI with an anonymous donor on 8/13 and being 11dpiui is killing me! I think I had some implantation bleeding on 9dpiui, because it was just a small amount of brown discharge and then it went back to being milky white. Plus, if I ever get any spotting, it is typically the onset of AF. I took a CBD test this morning and it was a BFN, but my ICs will be here today - so then I can test like crazy, ha!

What are some of your symptoms? Did you use any Clomid or Femara? Trigger shot?

I know it is hard, but just try to stay busy...although even when I am at work I somehow find myself back here perusing the forums for answers, ha! My DS just started the fall sport season, so that is definitely keeping us busy!
Me - 27 // DW - 34
DS - 8
IUI #1 (8/13/16) - BFN - Femara Only
IUI #2 (11/15/16)- BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #3 (12/13/16) - BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #4 (3/1/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #5 (3/31/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #6 (5/27/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #7 (8/8/2017) - .... - Femara 5mg / No Trigger
boatlife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: TTC Restart

Postby Misszamelia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:02 am

Hello ladies!

I am not in the same situation since I'm not using a donor but my SO and I have been ttc for over a year. I finally went and had laparoscopic surgery August 8. Had what I though was af on September 3 but nothing since then. Lots of symptoms but bfn every time I test so I've given up on testing. My body makes me feel like it's gonna happen but the negative tests ruin that feeling. He doesn't want to get his hopes up but for the first time the other night he actually rubbed on my belly. Our dog keep smelling my belly and won't leave my side when I'm around him.

Baby dust to both of you! Hopefully this will be everyone's month!
Misszamelia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 20s