TTC For the First Time! Need Some Positivity and Thoughts!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC For the First Time! Need Some Positivity and Thoughts!

Postby Keri1994 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Hello everyone! I am 22 and just now TTC for the first time! I have a somewhat lengthy post so I apologize. I have been on BC for quite a while, due to NOT wanting to conceive and some health issues. I had to have a cyst removed and have had complications since, just recently have been diagnosed with endometriosis. I was on a continuous pill, only having AF 1-2 times a year. Really my point in posting here is to ask a few questions. I just stopped taking my BC this weekend. The next morning when I woke up I thought I had gotten AF, it was heavy that day. Then the day after and since then it has been little to nothing. Would you consider it to be AF or just a reaction from not taking my BC? Has anyone had this experience and gotten pregnant?

My next part of this post. I was taking antibiotics for a few weeks, had some spotting here and there and thats it. I had a few times with my SO. This was at the end of last month this happened. Could it be possible my above problems are from this? Is it possible I could be pregnant? I am asking because I am unsure if it is even a possibility because I did take my BC for a few weeks afterwards. Should I just go ahead and test or would it be pointless? I have been feeling sickly lately also. I have avoided asking my doctors questions before just because I had not planned on any of this. Obviously I will be talking to her next time I see her!

I am pretty nervous about everything just because of the issues I have had and the recent diagnosis of endometriosis. At the same time I am pretty excited! Kind of hoping that I already am pregnant so I can bypass my anxiety with all of it. Has anyone had experience with getting pregnant and having endometriosis? If so how long did it take for you to get BFP?
Any advice, comments, tips, whatever are appreciated. Thanks!!
Keri1994

Re: TTC For the First Time! Need Some Positivity and Thought

Postby Danaa » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Hey there and welcome,I was never on any bcp but i think ur bleeding was just a breakthrough bleeding from stopping the pills or maybe it was af i have no idea really.
Lots of women have conceived with endometriosis,some had a quick bfp and some struggle but there are success stories out there.
Good luck to you!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: TTC For the First Time! Need Some Positivity and Thought

Postby charlicorcoran » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:26 am

Hi Kerri :)

Sending positive thoughts your way! My friends mum has endometriosis and conceived 4 times :D It's definitely possible to have a success story! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

I'm not an expert, but my understanding is that it's unlikely to be your AF if you just stopped taking BC, more likely to be withdrawal bleeding. It took a year from me stopping my BC to having cycles regular enough to track and then conceive. However, some people do conceive just from missing a day or too, or taking antibiotics so anything is possible!

But sending love, hugs and bay dust your way!!!
xx

charlicorcoran
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 20s