Want to start a TTC #1 group?

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Want to start a TTC #1 group?

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi, ladies! I'm just starting this thread in hopes that it will turn into a TTC #1 group! I'm just now entering into the TWW and would love to have some companions to obsess with!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Want to start a TTC #1 group?

Postby Alba2930 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:48 am

Great idea!

Im currently 9dpo in my 5th TWW, not long until I can test! It's killing me. All of my symptoms could be considered pregnancy symptoms except for the fact I get them every month. I swear I never had any symptoms before TTC, it's very confusing. For example, the past 4 out of my 5 cycles TTC I have had really painful breasts from about 4dpo until AF.. I never used to have painful breasts, so strange and annoying!

How long have you been TTC? Are you in the same boat with all the symptoms but no BFP yet!
Me: 22
DH: 26
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:12 am

Hi Alba! Aren't our bodies funny?! Symptoms are way too easy to spot when you're looking for them! Can drive a woman (and her man :rofl: ) mad! What day are you planning on testing? FX for your bfp!!

I'm in my second cycle TTC, and second cycle off of BCP after being on it for over 7 years. We conceived last cycle, but lost the pregnancy at 5 weeks. I have every symptom of O this cycle, but my temp has been low the last 2 days! Not sure what's up with that, as I had cramping, EWCM, +opk and 2 days of elevated temps, all of which point to CD13 as O day. My chart is in my sig, if you want to take a look...
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alba2930 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:39 am

Yes so strange!! I had the copper coil (for 14 months) before ttc, which supposedly doesn't affect hormones, so my intense and prolonged pms symptoms surely couldn't be triggered by it's removal in August, right??

I am so sorry for your loss. That must have been so hard for you both. I hope that this site has been able to provide you with some well needed support from others in similar situations. We haven't told any friends or family so I rely solely on this site for a bit of inspiration and positivity. Have you told your friends or family you are ttc?
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alba2930 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Also, I can't see your signature on my phone for some reason but will definitely take a look when I'm on my laptop! I haven't been temping, would you recommend it? Last month I used opk's for the first time which helped a lot.

I bought 2 clearblue digitals today but will try my best to wait until Thursday 13dpo. DH has actually hidden them.
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:56 pm

I honestly don't really know much about the copper IUD-- I looked into getting it put in because I HATED taking hormones, but my doctor convinced be to stay on the pill since I had such irregular periods before going on BCP when I was 16, conveniently about 6 months after my now DH and I started dating :rofl: . Copper IUDs just repel sperm, right? If that's the case, then I feel like it wouldn't affect your cycle now, especially so many months later. I'm certainly not an expert, though!

Thank you. It was really tough, especially since I started miscarrying on my 24th birthday :(. Not a very nice bday surprise! Anyway, I am grateful that we were able to conceive, especially so quickly. We honestly weren't even TTC at that point (and still kind of aren't?), so it was a beautiful surprise when we found out we were expecting. My parents know that we are "NTNP" and that I had an early loss, because I made one comment to my mother about having sore boobs, and she predicted that I was pregnant before I even got my bfp! Ha! Mother's intuition ;). So now that DH and I have been together almost 8 years and we got married a couple of months ago, we are so ready to start a family. We both are pretty fresh out of school and are just now starting a business together (we are luthiers), so it seems like now is not "ideal." That being said, we both feel ready and so we recognize that it will happen when the time is right.

I highly recommend temping!! My bbt is a little bit confusing this cycle because of what I mentioned earlier about my low temps post-what I feel strongly was O. Temping, in conjunction with checking CM and using OPKs, seems to be the best way to confirm what you are feeling in your body, so you can time BD or just have a better understanding of exactly where you are in your cycle! Do you use opks?

Ha! Your DH sounds like mine...he was so happy when I bought a bunch of wondfos off of Amazon because we had spent too much money on HPT before that :rofl: . Yay!! Only 4 more days till you test! How exciting. I'm sending good vibes your way ;)
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alba2930 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:44 am

I can see your chart now, looking good. It will be interesting to watch over the coming days. I would be interested in temping next cycle if we aren't successful this one..

Yes the copper purely kills the sperm. I really didn't want any hormones either after bad experience on the pill for 1 year (literally cried every day i swear!!!). During my teens I never had a regular period (2 separate years I went without a single period) as i was suffering from an eating disorder, but for the past year they have normalised again between 32-37days and I am 100% heathy again. it seems like a long cycle to a lot of people but to me its amazing to actually know i'm ovulating and having a period. next step is seeing if i can fall pregnant.. after all the mess with my cycle during my teens I convinced myself it wouldn't be possible but now i am very optimistic and know it's only a matter of time.

Yes that must have been devastating, you seem very positive about looking on the bright side of being able to conceive so early etc, well done. TTC and loss definitely tests our strength (and patience), right?

We sound like we are in a similar position. Both early 20's and recently married, wanting kids but knowing it's not 100% convenient right now! Your business venture sounds great, I wish you all the best. We are nearing the end of purchasing our first home together. We live near London and it's incredibly expensive to buy a property, so to get on the ladder we've had to go for a 1-bed rather than 2. Its a beautiful property and town, and only 100m from his parents, 5 mins from mine, but when we do conceive we will surely get a few questions about where we will put the baby! haha but I know we won't be able to buy anywhere bigger for a few years and I don't want that to put us off TTC. Its not overly convenient to have a child now, but it is our dream!

Haha y POAS gets super expensive right!!! I'l have to buy cheapies next cycle on amazon, spent £15 on 2 CBD, can't afford that plus the ovulations kits each month at £15!!
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:48 pm

Being on the pill is not so fun. I'm really sensitive to hormones, too, so I'm SO glad to be off! I actually battled an ED also, and even on the pill I didn't have periods for a while. Very happy to hear that your cycle is regulated again!! If you're ovulating and having a period, then chances are you will be just fine :). Good luck! I'm so excited for you to test!

I've been talking about babies SO much recently, and my Hubby is putting up with me so well, haha. He keeps saying, "We can start trying soon, as soon as we get a couple of things settled." But then I'll tell him I think I'm ovulating and it doesn't change anything about our BD schedule or process :rofl: . Too funny. I'm 99% sure he wants to try without officially saying that we are 'trying,' if that makes any sense at all! Haha.

Babies don't need much space :). My parents had my eldest brother when they were 23, my dad was still in school for his PhD and they lived in a studio apartment near Chicago...and they did just fine! Plus I just feel like if the baby is wanted, it will all work out and be good! That's what matters most, right? And so cool that you live near London! I've always always ALWAYS wanted to visit the UK, but haven't been there yet. We live in Minnesota. Seems like now is the best time to escape the US, though :roll: :oops: .

FYI, I recommend the Wondfos! You can get 50 opk strips and 20 HPT strips for $20 on Amazon... I'm not exactly sure what that is in pounds right now, but it's cheap!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:14 am

Hi ladies,

I would love to join your group :) I'm 26 & I came off BCP in October 2016 as we decided it was time (after nearly 10 years together) to try for a baby. After I stopped taking the pill it took about 8 weeks for me to get a period. I am due my period again in 2 days time, 3rd Feb and am hoping it comes on time and I don't have to wait as long again. I'm totally new to all of this so any advise will be so much appreciated. I never knew you could track your CM and temp etc! I am looking forward to getting my period so that a new cycle will start and really get this TTC down to a T. I've purchased a basal thermometer and about 50 ovulation and pregnancy tests online :D

Excitement is an understatement. The very best of luck to us all <3

Ro xx
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3
BFP 04/05/2017 :D

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alba2930 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:31 am

Hey Ro! Welcome :)

Yes I was in the same boat as you, had no idea there were so many factors to determine your fertile window etc! I may have to follow you and Teapotts and start temping too. Due on my period on the 3rd too (but unlike you I'm hoping mine doesn't arrive!!).

Where are you from Ro? Have you shared with anyone that you are TTC?

And Teapotts, it's scary thinking we didn't have periods,
I think knowing I wanted children is what helped me recover actually. It was such a motivation to be healthy. And family support of course. What helped you?

Yes good point about the space issue! The baby will Ben so loved by us and will have soooo much family at its door step!! Argh want it now!!

I'm feeling a bit down this week as I feel my hormones going crazy and AF cramps have really started, so I really think I'm gonna be out this month. I was going to test tomorrow but I really don't want to, I can't face a negative right now!! So I'm only going to test if my period hasn't arrived.. probably. I may crack tomorrow morning and test, I will update you!!

Just like you both (I'm sure) all I can think about is having a child. It's become quite consuming actually! i hear advice about not thinking about it, or people say they finally conceived when they were not trying... but that mentality is proving tricky to put into practice.

Our time will come!

Xxx
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Alba :)

I am from the south east of Ireland, what about you?

I am the very same as you. Reading/obsessing over TTC stories online. Loads of people saying to relax and it will happen! But that's easier said than done. No, I haven't spoken to any family/friends about TTC. That's why is so great to be able come on here and express myself completely and know that I will be understood as we are all in the one boat here!

Best of luck with the purchase of your new home. Don't worry about space. Babies don't need a big house, only love :)

Thanks for the message xx
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alba2930 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Oo very nice, Ireland has been on my list to visit for so many years yet I always seem to end up going further. There are so many beautiful places basically on my door step (well, a slightly long drive and ferry..) that DH and I must explore.

Ah also Teapotts I forgot to write this in my last message. I'm sure you would probably find it a nice escape here considering what's going on there at the moment! Everyone here is going crazy about it so I can only imagine what it's like to be there- it's like brexit x1000 in terms of controversy!
London is a lovely place but it's too big for me, we live in a small town nearby so it's good for commuting but we don't have to tackle the roads or the underground every day! It really is a mission!! But so good for a holiday or short stay.
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:23 pm

I was born in London :) I lived there for 4 years before my parents moved back to Ireland. I've only been back to London once about 5 years ago but I absolutely loved it! I hope to get over again sometime. New York is on my bucket list :)
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:17 pm

Oooh wow, lots of action since I was last here! Welcome, Ro! I love that we are all in such similar situations! Having TTC buddies makes this journey so much more bearable!

No update here, since I apparently have yet to ovulate :roll: . BUT I just got back from work, and had to stop at a little store on the way home. A man had his 2 month old daughter in an infant carrier, and I was looking at her, all googly-eyed, so he entrusted me with watching her as he went off to talk to one of the store owners. A little odd, sure, but OKAY! This baby was precious. My baby fever was already bad, but it just multiplied by 304283471923723974892456. Seriously. Cannot. Wait.

I'm going to bypass the Trump talk, as I still am in shock and don't have anything positive to say AT ALL, but as for travel talk, Ireland is #1 on my list! My heritage is Irish, and my red hair makes it quite obvious :D . I can't wait to bring my fiddle and explore the country. Who knows, maybe the three of us will bump into each other there sometime...with our little ones ;) .

My name is Delia, by the way. It's a little better than Teapotts :).
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alba2930 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:17 am

Lovely name! Mine is Alex. 'Alba' is my favourite name for a girl. Well that and Norah. Obsessing about names and haven't got my BFP yet.

Ha I bet that event in the shop made your ovaries scream!!! So you think you haven't ovulated?! But you had positive opks :'( so confusing ! Luckily you're monitoring it closely and probably won't miss your fertile period. Hopefully you won't have too long to wait!

Ro, where would you reccomend to visit in Ireland? We are planning our summer travels. For our honeymoon we travelled around Scotland, it was amazing!!

As for me, i no longer feel AF cramps, but I am seriously emotional and cranky! Copped a strop yesterday about our house purchase going so slowly and woke up on the wrong side of bed today. I feel exhausted but I slept so well. My boobs still hurt badly but that's normal during my TWW.. no cm which is not a promising sign.... I haven't cracked and won't be testing today. Maybe tomorrow. I think I'm 12/13dpo depending on when I ovulated during my LH surge.
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC in our 20s