Want to start a TTC #1 group?

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Want to start a TTC #1 group?

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:30 am

I agree, Alba is a gorgeous name. Names are probably the one thing that I have not really thought much about! I don't have any favourites really. I like the "old-fashioned" names like Charlie and Tommy for a boy. I have no idea what I would chose for a girl! I have been told by an angel card reader that my first would be a girl but I always thought I would have a boy first for some strange reason. Either would be a blessing!

I am due AF tomorrow but so far have no signs that she's on her way. I know it's weird to HOPE that AF comes but I know that I have not conceived this cycle. I am so impatient!

If you are visiting Ireland I would recommend to go somewhere near the coast, much nicer scenery compared to inland counties. I am from South East Ireland (near Rosslare port) we and have the most beautiful beaches here. I would recommend Cork City. This would be my favourite city. The Cork people are very friendly and the city is great! Although I'm not sure how great it would be comparing it to London or the US :) I would defo try get to somewhere in the West of Ireland. If you are into sight seeing and walking etc the West of Ireland would be best!

I have been with my partner for nearly 10 years and we purchased our first home over a year ago. The amount of times I have heard "new house new baby". I recently start buying furniture for our spare room and now I've been told by people that I just need to have someone to put in it now. It annoys me when people pass comments like this. I know they mean no harm but they say these things as if having a baby is 100% guaranteed. They have no idea if the person they are saying these things to does not want kids or has been trying for years or are unable to have kids. Sorry, rant over.
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3
BFP 04/05/2017 :D

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:18 am

Hi Alex! You're not the only one dreaming about baby names, haha. We've already decided on a boy's name, but my husband is less set on any particular girl's name. I've come up with several of my favorites, but he only lets me know which ones he really doesn't like, lol!

You have way more self control than me! I'm so eager to see the results of your hpt tomorrow! Fingers are crossed for you!
You know, I was pretty certain I had ovulated on cd13 because I had all the signs. Cramping on one side, fertile CM, positive opks, and even two days of elevated temps! Then my bbt plummeted back down to where it was before, and hasn't risen again yet. I felt pretty discouraged and thought that my body tried to ovulate, but didn't, and that I'd have to wait until next cycle. I've still been keeping track, though, and I got positive opks last night and this morning (cd20-21), along with fertile CM :D :D. Luckily DH is down to BD anytime, so hopefully this time is for real and we'll catch the egg!

Ro, any updates with you? How are you feeling?

Alex, be sure to post a pic of your hpt tomorrow!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:08 am

Hi Delia,

AF is due tomorrow but as of yet I have not had any signs of her :-/ I really hope AF comes soon as I'm so eager to start a new cycle and get temping etc from day one. I haven't had any CM the last few days which I think means that AF is near, am I right? I hope so! I don't think there is much point in starting temping when I'm waiting for AF to come. I've gotten the hang of charting now so I'll post my chart next cycle to see what you think.

Fertile CM and positive OPKs? Brilliant! Those little swimmers better get that egg!

Alex, keep us posted. FX for you. :)
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby betty077 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:27 am

Hey guys!! I just discovered this part of TWW now. I'm Betty. TTC#1 for the past 4 months now. Currently 10 days past my period due date, but 3 negative tests so far. Usually have a typical 28 day cycle.
No idea whats going on.

Hoping to be part of this group. Gonna need the support when I get AF! I feel it's going to creep up on me any day now. lol :roll: :roll:
Betty
Me: 24
DH: 26
TTC#1 since October 2016
:hb: :hb: :hb:
betty077
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:56 am

Hi Betty. Welcome :)

Sorry to hear your getting negatives. If you have a typical 28 day cycle I can see how you would get your hopes up when AF is 10 days late! Are you testing in the morning? Do you feel any different?
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:27 am

Ro, if you're hoping for AF, then I hope she shows tomorrow! Otherwise, maybe you're already pregnant ;). Do you tend to have really regular cycles? And yeah, absence of CM tends to be a typical sign of impending AF.

Welcome, Betty! 10 days late?! Wow! What brand of tests are you using? I know you said you normally have a 28 days cycle, but have you ever had such a long cycle before? Were you sick this cycle, did you travel, or did you have lots of stress? Those are some of the things that can delay your ovulation, which would lead to a whacky cycle. If none of those apply to you and you don't get AF soon, you may want to get a blood test done. A very small percentage of women don't get positive hpt until wayyyyy late in the game.
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 am

Delia, I'm still not sure what way my cycles will be. I was on birth control pill for about 9 years. I can't remember what way my periods were before this. When I came off BCP it took over 2 months for AF to come! That's the only period I have had since coming off. So I think it's too soon for me to tell if my periods will be regular or not. Oh I hope they are, I can't stand this waiting! Thank you, I hope AF shows tomorrow too! I do feel tired but other than that I have no symptoms of AF. GGGRRRRRR! :doh:
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:57 am

Ro, BCP do some wacky sh*t to our bodies, don't they? I was on the Pill for almost 7 years, and this is my second cycle off of them. I stopped in early December. I expected to have anovulatory cycles for at least a few months, but I ended up ovulating and conceiving last cycle...then lost the pregnancy at 5 weeks. It was all such a shock. This cycle, though, I seriously have no idea what's going on. I've had so many positive opks and lots of fertile CM, but no temperature shift. So bizzare. Anyway, I totally understand why you're hoping for AF, and I hope she comes soon for you. Here's to hoping our bodies regulate quickly...!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:58 am

Here's my opk pattern this cycle, just for reference. Craziness! So many positives...
Attachments
IMG_7436.JPG
IMG_7436.JPG (90.5 KiB) Viewed 396 times
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:18 am

Wow, that is crazy! I thought I had a positive OPK on cycle day 22 but then thought it was negative because although the line was pretty dark it wasn't as strong as the control line. So I'm not sure. BCP did suit me tbh. I never had any side effects from it.

Its mad, after spending so many years trying not to get pregnant, now all of a sudden getting pregnant seems to be the hardest thing ever!

I hope our cycles settle down soon :)

p.s. I'm so sorry for your loss hun. But on the bright side at least now you know that you can get pregnant and I hope your dreams come true soon!
Last edited by Ro_TTC#1 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:32 am

I'm glad bc worked well for you! I tried so many different kinds of pills, as well as nuva ring, and I never really felt good on any of it. It turned my life into [even more of] an emotional roller coaster, but it did eventually regulate my periods, so that's good.

It is rather frustrating that we put so much time and focus into prevention, and now it turns out conceiving often isn't all that easy. I have a friend who got pregnant on accident after a one-time encounter when she was 19, and I'm like, whhaatt?? You learn growing up that "sex leads to pregnancy," but now I'm looking at it like how does that even happen haha. Now she has a wonderful 4 year old son, so I guess it's a reminder that everything will work out the way it's meant to :). We will get our bfps! I'm looking at it that the universe is teaching me a lesson of patience first, which is something I can really stand to practice :)
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alba2930 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:06 am

Hey Betty, welcome!! Gosh you must be confused! what tests are you using? As Delia said, I would also advise blood tests if AF doesnt show soon.. did you track your ovulation this month? how many dpo are you? do you have any typical symptoms?. Has this cycle felt any different to your previous 4 ttc? I have read about some people not getting BFP's until they have nearly finished their 1st trimester!

Delia, I really hope it's the real deal this time! or maybe you ovulated twice?? Fingers crossed your temps remain elevated this time. Best of luck. why do our body's play tricks on us!!! We've also chosen our name for a boy haha! DH is super excited about the prospect of being a Dad, which I love. He does think I'm a bit crazy doing ovulation tests etc, but i guess alot of people are unaware that TTC is not all that straight forward. He's realised now that I've had my coil out for quite a long time and still haven't conceived that it does involve more factors than just unprotected sex!!

I'm totally in the same boat with you there Ro. AAAALLLL of my colleagues joke about me needing to get pregnant and ask why am i not pregnant?. They don't know i'm TTC, and I guess I just play along and laugh with them, but it's got to the point where I would love them to stop assuming!!!!

OMG LADIES I HAVE SOME SYMPTOM UPDATES. I am super excited because today i've gone from expecting AF anytime soon to thinking I could actually be pregnant.. I work in a restaurant and I could smell literally everything today so so strongly. it was the weirdest thing my body has ever done. everything smelt so strong and weird from pretty far away. In particular, It struck me how I could smell green beans and lemon from a distance.. these things don't normally smell very strongly right??? Also, all day something smelt absolutely awful lingering in the restaurant, and just as I finished i realised it was actually coffee! But it smelt terrible. I really hope AF doesn't arrive, this has got me so excited!!!!!!

Also, my cm has returned, white thick etc. As Ro mentioned, it normally disappears when AF is on its way right?... but mine has come back after a 3 day break full force. yay!!
Me: 22
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:14 am

Omg Alex those symptoms sound so promising!! Every single one of them! I am SO excited for you to test! How is your energy level, and how do you feel overall?
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alba2930 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:22 am

Yes i'm so happy but also a bit worried about getting my hopes up... All my other symptoms so far can easily be caused by AF- sore boobs, cramps, moodiness etc but smell is certainly not heightened by AF! I have had such a horrible taste in my mouth too but it's certainly not "metallic" ... Also! Today I had my favourite meal at work that I normally have nearly everyday and I couldn't finish it, it just tasted so odd and I lost my appetite completely. That's the first time i have ever not finished that dish! My cramps have completely subsided, they were much stronger around 6-10dpo.

My energy levels are very low. I have been exhausted all week but I don't find that too suspicious.. I work on my feet all day so it could just be from that.

omg super excited to test tomorrow now!!!!
Me: 22
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:32 am

Alex!! So excited for you. OMG this could be it! I cannot wait to hear from you after your HPT!

Fingers and toes crossed!
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 20s