Want to start a TTC #1 group?

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Want to start a TTC #1 group?

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:51 am

I'm in! Now, someone help me figure out how to add my chart to my signature! Hahaha!
Maggie <3
Me: 26
DH: 29
TTC#1 since December 2016

BFP: 5-21-2017! :mrgreen:

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alba2930 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:55 am

Hello! I'm not sure but think Delia will be able to help you out! :)
Me: 22
DH: 26
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alba2930 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Also, welcome ! What's your TTC story so far ?
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm Maggie! I'm 25, DH is 28 (29 next month), and we've been together for almost 5 years, but just married in October (the 22nd). As soon as we got on the honeymoon we agreed that we wanted to start trying for a baby as soon as we confirmed that we didn't have Zika! So I took my nuvaring out at the end of December, had a 36 day cycle, and am currently on CD21.

According to FF, Friday is a possible ovulation date. No temp spike yet, but we shall see. DH and I BD every other day starting last week on CD 10. I did have a temp spike on CD 17, but we went to the Garth Brooks concert and I temped a little later in the morning and had a LOT to drink. Sort of my last hurrah before baby. Normally I'm only a glass of wine or beer once in a while type of girl.

Temps have been consistent since, so we'll see what happens the next few days. Planning on BDing tomorrow, Saturday, and maybe Sunday depending on how DH is feeling. He said he's feeling a bit tired from all the extra attention. Hahah! To be fair, he does work 12 hour shifts at a factory, and just started insanity with one of his friends.

Anyway, now that I've told you my life story, good luck, and lets see some BFPs around here!
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alba2930 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Congrats on your wedding! Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Are you using opks as well as temping? I have a similar length cycle to you, 32-36 days, it's slightly annoying that it's a bit longer.. more waiting!!
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:46 pm

Thank you! We went on a cruise to the Bahamas!

I'm not using OPKs yet. Want to see how this cycle goes first. Lol. I was 28 days to the letter on BC, so it's the WORST that it's longer! So dumb. Haha. I'm not a patient person!
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Welcome, Maggie! First of all, congrats on your recent marriage :).
Do you use Fertility Friend? If so, this is how you get your chart in your signature:
-Go to fertilityfriend.com and sign in
-when you're looking at your ovulation chart, click on the "share" button that is in the upper right hand area of the window
-copy the BBCode thumbnail link
-go back to twoweekwait.com and go to "User Control Panel." You'll see this option when you're in the TTC Boards tab
-go to "Profile" tab
-click on "Edit Signature"
-paste the link in the box! That's it!

I've said this before, but I love how we are all in similar TTC situations. I commented on a post of yours a little while back, but I am also recently married, and went off of BCP in early December. Hubby and I have been together for almost 8 years, but just got married on Dec 12! And yeah, long cycles are annoying for sure lol; I'm currently also on cd21 and I *think* I'm about to O (according to opks and CM), but I had a false alarm around cd13/14, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. You haven't missed too much in this group-- right now we're all just getting to know each other and starting to ride this new TTC wave, with our fingers crossed that Alex (Alba) gets her BFP tomorrow!!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Delia! Thank you! I'm so excited. I also finally found out how to post the chart! I had to do a new FF because apparently when I first used the app I used the wrong email. Luckily I was also using My Period Tracker Deluxe and had my temps in that as well, but it doesn't have the time stamp option on that one, so it's a little wonky.

I'm for Indiana, USA also! :) I'd love to visit Ireland and England. It's on my bucket list for me and DH. Him going to the Bahamas was the first time he's been out of the country. I've been to Canada and Italy also.
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:52 pm

You're welcome! How long were you guys in the Bahamas? I've never been there! I grew up in Florida, but DH and I live in Minnesota now. We love it up north, and I never did well in the south/at the beach because I'm so fair-skinned. That redheaded 'ginger' complexion tho :roll: . Out of the country, I've only been to Canada and France!

I see you want 2-3 kids, Maggie? :) Do you have names picked out?

Totally random, since none of us have gotten our bfps this cycle yet, but do any of you want to find out the sex of your baby/babies? Or keep it a surprise? Just asking out of total curiosity and to get to know everyone a bit more!
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alba2930 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:53 pm

Yes it's so good that we are all in the same situation.. feel like I've got some amazing support now! And a place to get advice.

I just found out that one of my good friends is pregnant- unplanned. So so happy for her but feeling a twinge of jealousy! So nervous to test tomorrow.
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alba2930 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Also! Didn't see your question delia, must have been typing as you replied. I imagine that I want to leave it as a surrise but who knows what I'd do filled with hormones and excitement!! What about you?

I think I want a boy first (obviously either would be amazing!!). I thought I wanted a girl but now I'm TTC i imagine myself with a baby boy.
TTC since sept. 2016
Alba2930
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:00 pm

We were in the Bahamas for a cruise, so we had three ports. We got off at the first port which was Nassau, then the next port was Half Moon Cay (we didn't get off the ship), and the last was Grand Turk, but we couldn't port because of the weather. It was a 5 day cruise.

I actually made my username thinking "We're a family of two right now, I'd like to be a family of three!" Haha. Our poodle doesn't necessarily count, ya know? I'm super light skinned and blonde as well, with blue eyes, so I fry easily too. I like the name Matthew for a boy, and Kaylee for a girl, but we're not sure yet. Matthew is my husband's middle name, and his Mom's middle name is Kay, and his dad's is Lee, so Kaylee.

I'd like to have a boy first, then a girl, but will be happy with a happy healthy baby regardless. I ABSOLUTELY want to know the sex, but I'm unsure about the blood tests they say you can do and find out now. I think I'd rather have the gender scan. Buuut if we end up doing a gender reveal party I think I'd like everyone else to know, have them package everything in nondescript bags and paper, then when we open the first gift we'd find out the sex. It's different. Plus then we wouldn't have to do ANOTHER baby shower.

I think all of these extra parties are too much now. I don't need a gender reveal, diaper, and baby shower. Just one will suffice.
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:15 pm

Alba2930 wrote:Yes it's so good that we are all in the same situation.. feel like I've got some amazing support now! And a place to get advice.

I just found out that one of my good friends is pregnant- unplanned. So so happy for her but feeling a twinge of jealousy! So nervous to test tomorrow.

I've had two people from work and 3 people from college just announce... And one "friend" who "accidentally" got pregnant. I'm with you on the jealousy. Haha.

One friend I was sort of confiding in told me "Yeah, we didn't really try. I feel like when people try that's when they have problems. I was pregnant for a while before I found out." :roll: -- I will no longer be confiding in her about anything. Actually I'm just gonna keep everything to myself and this blog/forum and my husband.
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:34 pm

I definitely don't want to know the sex before birth, but DH wants to, so we'll see what happens when that time comes :). I'll be happy with either--as you said, Maggie, as long as the baby is healthy! DH hopes for a boy first (he doesn't think he can handle a girl yet lol), but I envision us having a girl first. Not that I'd prefer that, but that's just the image that pops into my head!

I've been so obsessed with reading/listening to birth stories recently. There is this podcast called 'The Birth Hour' that's just birth story after birth story-- it's amazing how different every birth is! Even from c-section to c-section, home birth to home birth, hospital birth to hospital birth, etc...every one is so incredibly unique. If any of you want to catch an even worse case of baby fever, I highly recommend checking it out :).
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi Maggie :) Congrats on the wedding and thanks for sharing your story! I like your thinking! Let's see some BFPs around here! Ha ha!

I agree with you ladies. It's great that we are in similar situations. It's mad really, here is little me in the south east corner of Ireland and I'm confiding with lovely women from the UK and USA! I'm so glad I found this group.

Two of my best friends have kids. One has 3 kids and says that 2 of them were not planned. The other has one with another on the way. She is due in May. I'm right with you ok the spot of jealousy! But our time will come :)
I'm a very impatient person who cannot stand surprises!! I can barely stand wrapped presents under the tree at Christmas without having a peek! So I think that I would definatly find out the sex.

I've cramping in my lower back tonight. AF due tomorrow. I hope she comes so I can get ovulating again!
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3
BFP 04/05/2017 :D

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 20s