Want to start a TTC #1 group?

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Want to start a TTC #1 group?

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:38 am

Delia, yeah, I'm losing my mind. I haven't O'd yet. It's supposed to happen today or tomorrow according to FF and PTD apps. (Period Tracker Deluxe = PTD, cause that s**t's long.) ;) Haha. I've been trying to get into a routine with temping. On CD17 though, I temped later in the morning, and had drank a lot the night before because we were at a concert. I've been temping this entire week around 5am. I officially have an alarm to wake me up then to either temp or get up and work out. DH wakes up at 5:45 for work, so when I was temping before it was anywhere from then to like 7:30.

I've got plans with DH to BD for the next three days. Just had to explain to him (again), how you can't conceive a baby if you don't ovulate. FX that the O is tonight so we can catch that egg!
Maggie <3
Me: 26
DH: 29
TTC#1 since December 2016

BFP: 5-21-2017! :mrgreen:

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:02 am

That's right, I remember you saying that before. Well, I hope you O today! I hope today is the day for me, as well, since I got a negative opk this morning, and they've been positive for the last couple of days. Fx this is our day! It's so frustrating to wake up in the morning and see yet another low temp...so I totally feel you there.

I have plans to BD with DH the next few days as well-- I've found that if I don't tell him the plan, it tends to work better. He likes spontaneity, so if I keep the plan to myself and just initiate sex when I want to or when I'm fertile, then he's all in. He's never turned me down lol, but if I mention a "plan," then that turns him off of it all. It's funny, I've known him well for 13 years now, but I'm still figuring out exactly how his brain works :rofl:
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:10 am

Just emailed DH and told him we should BD the next three days... his response "We can probably get in a quickie before we go over to my mom's for dinner tonight!" Hahaha! Fingers crossed that it's our time, Delia. If this isn't the cycle, I'm going to start using OPKs. Any brand preference? Also, what do you use to contain your pee in the AM/whenever for testing? I keep picturing little salad dressing ramekins!
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:11 am

Also, unrelated, but how did you get your photo to show with your username? I uploaded a photo to my profile last night, but it's not showing up the way I wanted it to.
You two are a beautiful couple, by the way! You're going to have some gorgeous babies :D lol
What kind of wedding did you have? Were there a lot of people there? What was the venue like?
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:14 am

I had to upload it to tinypics and then get the coding, then adjust the sizing when I went to "my avatar" stuff. (Also thanks! I think we're cute too!)

Our wedding was larger. We had the ceremony and reception at St Mary of the Woods College at Le Fer Ballroom. Our colors were red, silver, and navy blue accents. We had about 200 people there. Lots of open windows, and we lucked out with it being a gorgeous day. :mrgreen:
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:16 am

Lol! Yes, I hope you catch the egg :))

As for brands, I use wondfos because they seem to be reliable and they're so cheap. I bought 50 opks and 20 hpts off of Amazon for $20. I've been using the opks for two cycles and I still have plenty left!
And hahahaha @ peeing in a salad dressing ramekin :rofl: That actually made me laugh out loud. I just bought little paper dixie cups for this purpose. I don't like to do disposable because of all the waste, BUT I don't want DH to mistake my pee cup as something else haha, and I also have two cats that are very curious. Last cycle I had taken a test--I can't remember if it was opk or hpt--but I had set it on the bathroom sink to dry, and when I went back to check, it was gone! Then I saw my kitten carrying it around the house in his mouth *facepalm* :rofl:
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:20 am

:rofl: THAT IS HILARIOUS! Hahaha!

We have a mini poodle who is a princess. When we visit people and feed her with a little plastic tupperware, she'll carry it around in her mouth and bring it up to us. It's adorable. Hopefully we're both lucky this cycle! FX!

How are you other ladies doing? Alex, have you tested with a cheapie today? I get annoyed that First Response's have "over 99% accuracy" like a week before your missed period and they suck. I think I'm going with cheapies for life now. I have I think one or two digitals left, but I'd rather not us those since I feel like those are $2 for every time you test.
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:31 am

Wuah your wedding sounds like it was really memorable!

Hm...it keeps saying that my URL is invalid. Wtf
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:33 am

Hmmm. I had to try each code that it gave me, then it was the wrong size, so I had to resize it with the dimensions thing. I think I ended up doing 200x100? But mine also wasn't a square pic, it's meant to be vertical.
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:35 am

Yay, got it! It worked when I chose the "thumbnail" size, rather than "avatar." Ugh, for being a millennial, I really don't speak computer very well.
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:45 am

You're beautiful! <3 Being a millennial is not all that it's cracked up to be.

I've had a respiratory thing going on for literally the past month and have been through one round of antibiotics. I started taking mucinex on Tuesday? and it's helped a little, but I still feel like crap, so I'm going in to my regular doctor's office to see if they can do something. My cough is really what's been bothering me, it's almost constant. I went to an emergency center last time, it's called Ambucare, and I feel like they don't really pay attention to you, and just give you drugs and throw you out the door. (Side note: the mucinex is seriously helping my CM! It's definitely more slippery, so I'll take those benefits!)

The doctor I'm seeing today isn't my normal one, but hopefully I can still get some sort of relief! At the very least, I'll let them know that we're TTC so don't give me any weird drugs.
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TeaPotts » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:11 am

Thank you, Maggie!

Yuck, no fun. Being sick can F with O, too, so it's not surprising that your cycle is a little whacked this time around. I've heard really positive things about taking mucinex and how it affects CM! Take advantage of that for sure ;). Good luck at the doctor today, and I hope your cough clears up soon!! I'm home sick again today (was yesterday, too) with something, but I'm not sure what. Some virus. I know strep is going around here, as pretty much all of my coworkers have had it recently. I thought I was going to escape it this time around -__- boo.
TeaPotts
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TwoToThreePlease » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:17 am

Yeah, we had the Stomach Flu on Christmas (literally our entire family except for MIL), Then right after NYE I got this respitory thing on the 4th. I'm OVER it. I hope you feel better too! Being sick is the worst. ugh!
Maggie <3

My Ovulation Chart
TwoToThreePlease
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ro_TTC#1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:58 am

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet today. Loooooong day at work! Thank crunchie its Friday!

Maggie as the others have said, you are absolutely a gorgeous couple! So stunning. Switswoo! Your wedding sounds amazing! I also have a little dog that is treated like royalty! He is a Cavachon and his name is Opie. I laughed at what your hubby said about the "quicky" :-D I hope you get sorted at the docs and feel better soon.

Alex, Id listen to what Maggie and Delia have said. You are not even near out yet! It's horrible how your mind can play tricks on you thought isn't it? How are you feeling now?

Delia your gorgeous!! OMG!! So so pretty.

No sign of AF yet girls. My cramps have gone and I've got sticky CM. I was hoping she would show today. If she did then my next predicted O would be coming up to Valentines. But I've a feeling my cycles are going to be long.
Me 26
Himself 25
TTC since November 2016
<3
BFP 04/05/2017 :D

My Ovulation Chart
Ro_TTC#1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby betty077 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:03 am

Hey guys!! Finally got a chance to get back on this. I haven't been stressed at all or travelled or anything different at all! AF still late though.

To be honest I'm not sure if I ovulated at all :( :( I usually keep track of cm.. and know by ewcm and all... but I haven't had any of that since December!!!! So frustrating. I've no idea what's going on. I've no other symptoms of pregnancy so I don't want to get my hopes up

I'm loving this group though :D :D feel like I can relate to most of you

Baby dust to aaaallllll xx
betty077
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 20s