Period cramps for a week but no period?!

Meet others who are TTC in their 20s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Period cramps for a week but no period?!

Postby Neverlosehope » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:05 am

Hi everyone, I have been silently lurking in these forums for a long while now while ttc-ing but this is the first time I am deciding to post as I am really going crazy at the moment and need some advice. I have never had regular cycles but I've always been able to predict around what time to be expecting my period by using ovulation predictor calculators & kits. However this cycle, I actually got a vaginal ultrasound done on november 15th and the doctor confirmed that I ovulated around 4 to 5 days ago based on my levels which would be around the 11th I'm assuming most likely because I had used an ovulation predictor kit and I got a positive on the 9th and 10th. So, according to that, I should be 14 dpo by now. I have been having period like cramps and a heavy feeling around that area as I usually do when I am on my period or no more than a day or two before it but this time t has been a whole week since I have been running to the bathroom thinking I started bleeding but seeing nothing as well as a whole week of these cramps which are unusual for me to get this early on without seeing my period a day or two later. Of course I started getting my hopes up and I took a pregnancy test today and it was a BFN. I am starting to lose hope and and am getting frustrated. Is there still any hope for me? If not, then why have I been feeling these period cramps so early on but no bleeding yet?
Neverlosehope

Return to TTC in our 20s