Confirmed pregnancy, 2 days later miscarriage!

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Confirmed pregnancy, 2 days later miscarriage!

Postby mdnbtw » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:00 pm

I've been stalking the boards and posted on the newbies a few weeks ago. I'm 35, I had a tubal reversal in December in hopes to have a child with my second husband who doesn't have any children. I got my first BFP (since surgery) this past Wednesday, had blood work and HCG was only 15! I knew something was wrong when I seen that. I started spotting the same day, people are telling me that you can spot while you are pregnant and not to worry about it. Thursday still spotting, turning closer to red by bedtime, was only brown (sorry tmi). Friday morning more red spotting. Continued to take HPT, they were getting lighter and lighter with each one. Friday morning second blood draw, 4!!! Started full blown period at work Friday morning. Dr said I was indeed pregnant, but very early miscarriage. My first ever miscarriage, I'm worried if I get another BFP they will just end badly. I would love to hear some positive stories of healthy births over 35!! Thanks guys! :(
mdnbtw
Friend

Postby 35ttc » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi sweetie, sorry about your loss (( hugs)) I just had my first early miscarriage in February. We are hoping to get a BFP in the next week or so. Sending you positive thoughts and lots of baby dust!!!
35ttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BDB72 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi mdnbtw,

I feel for you b/c to have a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage is an awful experience. I had 2 about 9 months apart. One natural conception, one IVF, at age 37-38. Both times I got a strongish HPT that faded and blood tests showed hcg of only 20-ish. Then I began bleeding a few days later. Its horrible as you are in this limbo land, suspecting its not going to work out but trying to hold onto hope.

Sending you many hugs.

Pg ment----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But hang in there. It is a positive sign that some degree of implantation happened. In my case, I had a strong BFP (hcg = 500) from a frozen emby transfer, about 6 weeks after the last chemical. The baby is due in just over a week, so it can happen (and I had lots of fertility issues!)
BDB72

Postby kierann » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:58 pm

I am very sorry for you loss. HUGS.

Hang in there. There is hope. I got pregnant on my second IUI when I was 39 and gave birth to my healthy baby daughter 2 days before turning 40. It can happen.
Me 41 DH 41 TTC #1 2/09 Elevated FSH and 5% Morphology 2/10 Clomid/IUI BFN 3/10 No Tx due to Cyst 4/10 Femera/Follistim/IUI BFP!!! Baby Girl Born Perfect 12/22/2010! Surprise BFP May 2011 Miscarriage July 2011 IUI with Femera and Follistim Oct 2011 BFN Surprise BFP Dec 2011 Beta #1 1330 Beta #2 3600 Due Date Aug17th 2011.
kierann
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 30s