2 miscarriages, 2 months in a row

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2 miscarriages, 2 months in a row

Postby mdnbtw » Sat May 14, 2011 2:38 pm

After having a tubal reversal I finally got a BFP the beginning of April, HCG was only 15, 2 days later started period, so that one was a chemical. Well once again I’m pregnant but losing it. HCG was much better this time, 61, 148, but after 96 hrs the third HCG was only 296. This one hung there a little bit longer. I was on progesterone also so I don’t think that is the issue, any one have any ideas? She wants to do bloodwork to check for blood clotting issues, but she doesn’t think that’s gonna be the problem since I have 2 children already. She mentioned doing the HSG to see if tubes are blocked, but that shouldn’t be an issue either since I’m getting pregnant, right?? Also she mentioned checking for endometriosis, I don’t have any symptoms except the miscarriages. Anyone have multiple miscarriages and then have healthy pregnancy?
mdnbtw
Friend

Postby lunaluna » Sun May 15, 2011 1:20 am

I just want to say that I am sorry for your losses. I hope that they find out what the issue is. I know it's very difficult for you right now and I send you love and light.

I can tell you that I have a friend that had 5 miscarriages before she had her first baby at 40. She is now a mom of 2. She had a clotting issue and had a lot of issues getting a doctor to diagnose her. She accredits her healthy pregnancies to taking low dose aspirin daily.
Me 37, DF 42
Personal Fitness Trainer
MC @ 8 weeks Aug 2010 <br /><br />NTNP SINCE JULY 2011<br />
lunaluna
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mdnbtw » Sun May 15, 2011 7:39 am

Thank you for the kind words!!
mdnbtw
Friend

Re: 2 miscarriages, 2 months in a row

Postby afireinside » Mon May 16, 2011 4:39 pm

mdnbtw wrote:After having a tubal reversal I finally got a BFP the beginning of April, HCG was only 15, 2 days later started period, so that one was a chemical. Well once again I’m pregnant but losing it. HCG was much better this time, 61, 148, but after 96 hrs the third HCG was only 296. This one hung there a little bit longer. I was on progesterone also so I don’t think that is the issue, any one have any ideas? She wants to do bloodwork to check for blood clotting issues, but she doesn’t think that’s gonna be the problem since I have 2 children already. She mentioned doing the HSG to see if tubes are blocked, but that shouldn’t be an issue either since I’m getting pregnant, right?? Also she mentioned checking for endometriosis, I don’t have any symptoms except the miscarriages. Anyone have multiple miscarriages and then have healthy pregnancy?

I am SO SORRY to hear that you have gone through this *hugs* I just wanted to say that I unfortunately have yet to even get a :bfp: but my sister had 2 miscarriages in a row and now has beautiful 6 month old twin boys. It was a very hard time for her to go through but she couldn't have been happier with her little boys. I hope you never have to go through this again and I'll be watching for your posts. Wishing you lots of sticky baby dust and a healthy pregnany SOON!!!
afireinside
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby miracleshappen » Tue May 17, 2011 9:57 am

Sorry for your losses. Just wanted to let you know, before conceiving my youngest I already had a boy so I didnt think my tubes were blocked but did the HSG anyways. I learned I have a blocked left tube. So, that was me. As for you, I would consider getting the test. (I've heard some women on here say it increased their fertility and ended up in BFP soon after because you're more fertile for a bit following.) Just what I've heard. GL to you and hope everything is well and you get a sticky bean soon!
miracleshappen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 30s