Hi...I turn 39 in Sept...anyone in my boat?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hi...I turn 39 in Sept...anyone in my boat?

Postby Stitch » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I turn 39 in Sept. and I am currently on CD5, and day 3 of clomid on my 3rd round of IUI. I am due for my u/s on the 10th and IUI on the 11th.

My DH is 33 and we have been trying for the last year, and married for 2. My RE has run tests and everything looks ok with me....my DH is ok except for low motility.

I started going to accupunture and I am really hoping for a BfP this cycle!

Thanks for listening!
Stitch

Hello Stitch

Postby Snowtweet » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi Stitch,

I am new here on two week wait. I am 37 but know the struggles with TTC and the stigma with age. I hope the IUI and acupuncture works for you. It's been such an up and down road. Good luck to you and welcome.
TTC #2 since Sep '10
Me: 38 DH: 45! (too old perhaps to even try?)
DD: born on 8/8/2006 au naturale <br />
Snowtweet
Friend

Postby Stitch » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:57 am

Thank you Snowtweet! It is frustrating for sure. Welcome to this site and BABYDUST to us both. I see you are on your 3rd cycle of clomid...where are you in your cycle?
Stitch

Day 3

Postby Snowtweet » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi Stitch... I am day 3 in my cycle... Back to Clomid I guess. I left a message with the OB to find out if I need to keep going at it (it's a booger of a drug). I just got my progesterone results but I haven't officially heard from him. It was at 19.8...

I see you should be done with the dose of Clomid (let the hot flashes begin). I have not been so great a charting, but I do take the OPTs and get the "smile" and then nothing after... This has been the most frustrating road. I really don't know if we'll keep at it. I have heard bad things about Clomid. What about you? How long have you been taking it?

Loads of baby dust your way...
TTC #2 since Sep '10
Snowtweet
Friend

Postby Stitch » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:31 am

Hey Snowtweet...I too am on my 3rd round of 100mg Clomid. I take it at night to lessen the side effects that I feel when awake. I also called my MD to inquire if I should even do this round and of course they said yes! I just finished my last dose of clomid last night and will go for my U/S on Wednesday (day 13 because I am out of town) and then IUI planned for the 11th (Thursday). I don't know if we will go any further after this one...that is why I am sending LOTS of baby dust to us both!!!

I did ask my MD to check my progesterone level at day 21 this time....they have not done that in the past and I am not taking any progesterone suppositories. What about you?
Stitch

I hope all goes well

Postby Snowtweet » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 pm

Hello Stitch,

I hope everything went well with you. I think Clomid is just terrible, the hot flashes are out of this world. I have had my Progesterone tested on day 21 and the level was good, but not good enough for a BFP. I am surprised they have not checked you, but then again, I am not getting checked with an U/S. I really hope your IUI is successful. Let me know how it went.

LOADS of baby dust to you!
TTC #2 since Sep '10
Snowtweet
Friend

I hope all goes well

Postby Snowtweet » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 pm

Hello Stitch,

I hope everything went well with you. I think Clomid is just terrible, the hot flashes are out of this world. I have had my Progesterone tested on day 21 and the level was good, but not good enough for a BFP. I am surprised they have not checked you, but then again, I am not getting checked with an U/S. I really hope your IUI is successful. Let me know how it went.

LOADS of baby dust to you!
TTC #2 since Sep '10
Snowtweet
Friend

I am 39

Postby dorme99 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:19 pm

I turned 39 this past May. My husband is 46 and he will be 47 in September.
Melinda (Me) 39
Raymond (DH) 46
Chanelle (DSD) 24
Married since June 1998
TTC 10+ years
dorme99
Friend

Hello Dorme

Postby Snowtweet » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 am

Have you been on anything these past 10 years? I am about to give up on the idea and move on, the disappointment each month is really hard to take. I know there are many who are extremely strong and keep at it. It's a tough road. I hope all goes well with you.
TTC #2 since Sep '10
Snowtweet
Friend

Postby dorme99 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:50 pm

No, i haven't been on anything thing. Our only option is IVF and financially we can't afford it so all we have right now is faith. It get's hard sometimes and I want to give up but it never lasts for too long because my want to be a mother is just too strong.
Melinda (Me) 39
Raymond (DH) 46
Chanelle (DSD) 24
Married since June 1998
TTC 10+ years
dorme99
Friend

Praying for you...

Postby Snowtweet » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:04 pm

I hope all does work out for you. It's such a crazy ride. There is so much out there, I haven't tried any alternatives but hopefully you can. I am always here to listen, I know how hard it is to really want something and praying for each month and nothing happens.
TTC #2 since Sep '10
Snowtweet
Friend

Postby Stitch » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi guys...sorry I have been MIA but I got a :bfn: and was just a bit depressed. DH and I meet with the RE on Wednesday and I think he will suggest IVF which we don't have the $$$ for....SO it will be just our faith that keeps us going. I will still be counting the days and BDing around the O date....so say some prayers for us.
Stitch

Sorry Stitch

Postby Snowtweet » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi Stitch, I am so sorry. It is so frustrating especially when you try so hard to do everything right. I will definitely be saying some prayers for you. I told my hubby this weekend lets pack up the baby stuff and sell it. (DD is 5). I've been holding onto it in hopes of "someday". I hope your RE has another route for you to take instead of IVF. Also, have you tried acupuncture? I have been reading up on it, but I do not know much about it. I am not into the gimmicks so we shall see. Keep your chin up.
Hugs and Prayers.
TTC #2 since Sep '10
Snowtweet
Friend

Postby KIWIMUM » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:40 am

Hmmm where did my post go??

I am 39 and I conceived naturally this post is about TTCing in our 30's.

I changed my diet to be more health conscious, cut all junk, meds, bad fats, sugars, dairy and wheat from my diet. Ate lots of raw foods, pure water and exercised regularly.

I have been actively ttcing for over a year but I wasn't on BC for many years as it just wasn't happening.

I believe a lot of us are just not "balanced" and our liver is the key as most of us have poor functioning livers, I changed my focus to this in June.

Now its sept and I have my BFP!! it worked without meds and I want to share this.
Jane:39
Dave:54
DS:17
m/c 09/26/11 "my little Sunflower"
KIWIMUM
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 30s