Going to the Doctor and I'm gonna get....

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Going to the Doctor and I'm gonna get....

Postby DnS » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Violaaaaated! Lol. It's yearly time for me on Tuesday and this will be my first time ever to tell the doc that I'm finally on board with TTC. We've been off the b.c. for the past 2 months, going into the 3rd now so I've only had 2 full cycles. I have a few things written down to ask the doc but does anyone have any suggestions on things I should be asking in general or about myself? Are there things I should have them look for now that will help me with TTC? I'm usually not much of a participant when I go for this appointment other than answering the generic questions they ask....

About Us:
Me: 31
DH: 33
Married Since: 4-5-2008
Known ea. other: 16 years
TTC As Of: June 2012
DnS
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BMouse82 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:56 pm

My mom's friend calls the gyno "the finger doctor"- gross right!

Good luck at the dr. It is so exciting to start the process!
BMouse82
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TailKinker » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 am

I've heard that you shouldn't TTC until its been at least a year off b.c. because it increases the risk of birth defects, or something like that.
TailKinker
Friend

Postby chaos » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:53 am

I would make sure your Dr. Puts you on prenatal vitamins asap. I was off bc pills for 4 months prier to ttc. I am 35 and it took me 4 cycles to get my bfp. My Dr. Did not say anything about having to be off bc for any period of time as long as you ovulate. He told me to use opk to make sure. Good luck to you.
chaos

Postby rcpmelissa » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:23 am

my dr recommends that we come in for a "consult" before ttc and he orders lab work to be sure thyroid, iron etc are all at normal levels (so it doesn't cause issues ttc or pregnant) then he started me on prenatal vitamins and answered any questions we had about the process. he basically said "go at it and call if you've tried for a year with no sucess" i was off of bc for 3 months before we started ttc, just to regulate my periods.
Me (Melissa) 31 & DH is 28
Married 08/19/2006
DS born 06/07/11
2 furbabies (Queensland & Rat Terrier)
TTC #2
Prenatals with DHA & using opk's.

My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
rcpmelissa
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Rosie-o » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:36 pm

TailKinker wrote:I've heard that you shouldn't TTC until its been at least a year off b.c. because it increases the risk of birth defects, or something like that.

Where did you hear that? I was on birth control and saw several doctors and natural therapists who all advised waiting a month or two to see when my cycle came back to normal. Never a year though!! There is no link that I know of, between BC and birth defects if the baby was conceived within a year of stopping........
Me: 32
Him: 31
DD 1 : 3rd feb 2010
DD 2: Stillborn @ 20 weeks 1st March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to TTC in our 30s