Anyone else just restart the 2WW?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone else just restart the 2WW?

Postby TailKinker » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:03 pm

I am due to test around the 23rd or 24th. We only tried a BD once this time, because my DH was sick with a nasty cold most of the calculated days. I doubt seriously that it worked, but my imagination is going to kick in sooner or later probably before I get AF, so I hoped maybe a couple other girls in their 30s with me would like a daily check in kinda thing, until we get our BFPs or AFs.

I'm 32, and I'm trying to have my 3rd, which would give my husband his 2nd. We have "male factor" and that's been hard. Also why I think it don't think it has worked this cycle. When (if) I start again, I'll try the OPK sticks next time, and maybe get him some Fertil-aid, or whatever its called.

Anyone else want to talk about other kids? Why they want to have a kid, or another kid? What you do to keep from obsessing?

I just moved over from the newbie board, and this one seemed most compatible.
TailKinker
Friend

Postby cochavim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:27 am

Hi! We are TTC #3, too! We have two girls. We only BD'd twice this month, but I know it was during my fertile time, so we'll see. I O'd on the 9th, so I'm thinking I'll test next weekend some time. When are you going to test?
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TailKinker » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:12 pm

I think I O'd around the 10th. I will try to wait to test until the 22nd. My next period should start the 23rd or 24th. I have several cheap internet pregnancy tests, but since I really think it didn't work this time, i'm going to try not to waste them.

I have a son from before we got married, and we have a daughter together. He wants a son, but I think we will probably get another girl. My mom had two girls, and just have a feeling that it will be another girl. We already have names picked out for both, and I joke about buying black market fertility drugs to increase the chances of having twins.

Good Luck to you, and here's hoping we both get BFPs!
TailKinker
Friend

Postby cochavim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm not that good at waiting. LOL. I know the signs that I was pregnant the last two times, so if I get those, I'm testing right away! I went to the $ store today to try to get some tests, but couldn't find them and was too embarrassed to ask.

Good luck to you!!! keep me posted!
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TailKinker » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 am

Already I get surges of excitement. "Could this be it? Could I finally be having another child?" I keep reminding myself the chances are very small. Last month, I was so sure that I was having all the right symptoms, I started telling people. Now I'm so not sure: I could be puking with throbbing boobs and every other symptom, and i'll still have to say I'm not sure.
TailKinker
Friend

Postby TailKinker » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 am

Okay. This morning, I woke up STARVING! I've been trying to lose weight, so I'm not that surprised by that. On the other hand, when i started eating breakfast, I got about 4 bites in, and suddenly I wasn't hungry, I was nauseous to the point where I didn't want to take another bite. It's been about a week, and I think that's when I started feeling sick with my daughter. She's almost 5, so I'm probably not remembering very well. I'm carefully hopeful. :? :) :?

Let me know how your testing goes. :)
TailKinker
Friend

Postby cochavim » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 am

ooooh that sounds exciting and hopeful!!! The only sxs I have are a few zits on my face and I never get zits. With my two previous pregnancies with my girls, I got REALLY wet...and I don't have that yet. I know I tested at 12 dpo with them, so I'm still hoping.

I did end up buying 5 $ store tests and really want to test tomorrow. I'm going to try to be good, but no promises. :)
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TailKinker » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:19 am

Have you tested yet? How is everything going for you?
TailKinker
Friend

Postby cochavim » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:32 am

hey! Yeah, I tested and it was BFN. I knew it wasn't going to happen this time for me just because I've been so dry. That is my first sign that I'm pregnant. I get AF on Thursday so I'm just waiting it out and will start over. I'm going to do a few things differently this next month, so I'm hoping it will work.

What about you?
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TailKinker » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:33 am

LOL. Exactly the same! Exactly! I told myself i wasn't going to test, but I did this morning anyway, and of course it was a BFN. No signs or symptoms at all, and one of the big things i'm going to this time is get some OPK sticks. I'm also due on thursday. Maybe next month we can get BFPs together. :D
TailKinker
Friend

Postby cochavim » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:33 am

yes, sounds like we're doing everything exactly the same. Let's keep in touch and go through it together next month!
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TailKinker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 am

I just started my AF a day early. I also checked 3 different ovulation calculators, and got 3 slightly different answers as to when to try. ?.? But they all agreed that the one day I tried last month was WAY out of fertile time, so it wasn't even possible last month anyway.

I already got some ovulation predictor strips on the way, so I will be better prepared on that front next month. After that, I'm ordering DH some Fertil-aid if that doesn't work.
TailKinker
Friend

Postby cochavim » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:39 am

Sounds like a good plan. I just bought OPK's today. AF is due tomorrow. I'm tempted to test again today....just for the heck of it. Or should I just save the test being that I'm almost 95% positive that AF is coming. hmmm.
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

6 more days

Postby supercool » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:45 am

Ugh - I'm 6 days away from my wait being over. It's the worst!!! I kind of want to get an EPT 3-pack and test Friday since they can detect up to 5 days early. We tried pre-seed this month, so here's hoping...

Best of luck!
supercool

Postby rcpmelissa » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:45 pm

AF showed for me on Monday this week so I'm already on to next month! Hoping you ladies are wrong and one or both of you have a BFP in there! I had NO symptoms with my DS, and every pregnancy is totally different. We are going to BD every other day from the day AF is done until 3 or 4 days after O. I might go to every other day around O. I would love to have a girl this time so part of me wants to quit BDing the day before O to increase those chances but more than wanting a girl I just want another baby, I would be happy with either. It's our second and our last. DH won't even discuss a 3rd. I love my son and there are so many cute little boy outfits that he barely wore and I know two brothers would have so much fun... but this mama would love to have a little girl to buy bows and dresses for. I also know that stats say the boys tend to marry off and become closer to their wives family and the daughters tend to stay closer to their parents as they get older. I have this fear of having two boys and never seeing my grandkids one day (i'm totally crazy, i know this).

Best of luck ladies.
Me (Melissa) 31 & DH is 28
Married 08/19/2006
DS born 06/07/11
2 furbabies (Queensland & Rat Terrier)
TTC #2
Prenatals with DHA & using opk's.

My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
rcpmelissa
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Next