any other single women ttc? Or offer advice to one?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

any other single women ttc? Or offer advice to one?

Postby IrishKat » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:04 pm

I just turned 38 and ended a relationship earlier this year. I really want to have a child and be a mom so I havae decided to do this on my own with an awesome donor I found. Just had my 1st iui with 50mg clomid days 3-7...no hcg shot. I have no know fert issues and O regularly. I actually got pg on my own late last year but it was chem pg. I had 2 follies on the right (27 and 20) so my RE did the iui right away. This 2ww is killing me. I try not to think about my chances of this working the 1st time but I just want to be a mommy so bad....any advice??
IrishKat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Anne1981 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Not much advice, the 2WW is awful to get through! Just a thought though in case it doesn't work out this time... I've heard a lot about IVF adoption. Can't remember the name exactly, but you take the embryos left after people do IVF, which they have put up for adoption, and basically get implanted, carry the baby, give it a chance it wouldn't have had, and you are listed as the birth mother on the papers and such. I've thought before that if I hadn't married, it is something I would have been interested in doing since it would not only be adoption, but I would get to carry the baby as well. I don't know if there is any way you'd want to consider it, but just throwing that out there. I was single and childless until a little under 3 years ago, so I definitely understand the desperate desire! GL!
Me (32) DH (32), married since 2009
Teddy, b. Dec 2010
Image (Aug. 3/11 - 4w5d)
David, b. May 2012
Jacob, b. Oct. 4th, 2013
BFP!!! Due April 6th, 2015!!
Anne1981
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: any other single women ttc? Or offer advice to one?

Postby Ravyndancer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Hello,

sending lots of positive vibes your way! After a failed relationship at 37, I looked in to fostering and adoption. I bought the books: 'accidentally on purpose' and one called something like 'choosing to be a single mother by choice' or something like that. So, I definitely empathize with what you are going through. I don't have anything to add, just wishing you the best of luck!!!!
Me: 39 multinodular goitre, completed 3 cycles of heavy metal detox, HSG Sept 20/12 - R tube open, L was slightly blocked, cleared during procedure, exploratory lap Feb 25/13 found mild endo (2 spots) removed and tubes flushed.
DH: 40 (healthy SA!)
TTC #1 since June 2011
Clomid cycle #1 100 mg CD3-7 April 2013 = BFN
Clomid cycle #2 100 mg CD3-7 May 2013 = didn't BD during fertile window = BFN
June 2013 - 2 years TTC. I give up. No more Clomid, no more temping, no more OPKs. Distraught :(
My Ovulation Chart
Ravyndancer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 30s