37, trying for # 1, on Clomid

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

37, trying for # 1, on Clomid

Postby StephW » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:11 am

Hi! I'm 37 years old, my husband and I have been trying for a year to get pregnant with our first child. I had my 3rd day blood work done in April, FSH levels came back great at 7.6. My OBGYN then suggested my husband get tested, his sperm analysis came back awesome!!! My cycles have always been regular, then a few months ago they became totally out of whack! Doctor said it seemed like I was having anovulatory cycles, so she put me on Clomid, 50mg, days 5-9. I just finished my third round and I'm in my TWW right now. Fingers crossed that this is the answer for us, hoping and praying for a BFP soon! Anyone who can relate, I'd love to hear your story. Would also love to hear any Clomid success stories. Good luck & baby dust to us all!!! :-)
StephW
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: 37, trying for # 1, on Clomid

Postby momof2girls1017 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Good Luck Steph,

I am 39 and wondering if maybe i am having anovulatory cycles? How did you realize that?
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: 37, trying for # 1, on Clomid

Postby StephW » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Momof2girls1017,
It was weird. My cycles have always been about 27-28 days typically. I was ovulating around day 10/11. Then a few months ago, I had a month with no smiley face on the OPK. The next month I got a smiley face on day 28 and didn't get my period till day 41!!! That has never happened to me before!!! The following month was out of whack too. I called my doctor and she said that it sounded like I was not ovulating, hence putting me on Clomid.
I had been taking a prenatal vitamin daily for a year and then stopped, they were bothering my stomach. I had asked her if stopping the vitamin could have messed my system up, but she didn't think so. I had to ask though since it was the only thing that had changed in my daily routine.
Best of luck to you too! :-)
StephW
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 30s