feeling so defeated

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

feeling so defeated

Postby peanut212 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi All -

I am 37 and have been ttc #2 for 8 months and I just feel so completely hopeless and defeated today - 2 dpo and the thought of another negative cycle with the waiting etc just brings me down. I have seen an RE who said that nothing was wrong with DH and I - aside from age. But it just isn't working so I guess my eggs are not in good shape. sucks.ok vent over.

thanks
peanut212

Re: feeling so defeated

Postby Hanging-in-there » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm

I read your post and I couldn't pass it by. DO NOT GIVE UP! I had my son at 40 and daughter ( now 16 weeks old) at 43. We went through it all IUIs, 5 IVF cycles and one FET. If you have the determination, it will happen!
Hanging-in-there
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby EyesOnTheGirl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Peanut how did this cycle go? I bet you get that girl.
Mom to 4 and 1 more on the way, Wife and MBA graduate! Thank you Jesus! Praise God!

7w2d HB 132
8w1d HB 165
14w1d HB 151
16w HB 152
36w2d HB 137
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!! YEEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!!
EyesOnTheGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hottie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:27 pm

I'm 37 too. My bf us 40. We've been trying for number 1 for 2 years. Age is against us too. We've been tested for everything. It is unexplained.
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momof7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:59 am

Please ladies don't give up. I'm 37 I have never temped did opk's or charted. I also have never had fertility problems. All I wanna say is I am 37 and just found out that number eight is on the way. Along the way I have dealt with a miscarriage at 8 weeks in 2005, and having to induce at 22 weeks and 5 days cuase my son had Potters Syndrome and was incompatible with life. I have also had a preemie right after him. So please I know it's hard but relax. I have tried since June and finally gave up last month cause I thought my eggs were done. Well that wasn't the case. So please ladies Im wishing nothing but the best for all of you!!!!
momof7
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hottie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:07 am

I appreciate your kind words. I'm not giving up. But, just discouraged. I've never had even 1 pregnancy. So, it's just very frustrating when everyone around you seems to be just 'popping' them out. All I want is one. :(
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momof8 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Please do not give up. I have gone through unexplained infertility before having my twins 12 yrs ago. I was blessed with a DS 6 yrs ago and decided to have another. I had a terrible miscarriage in 09 that landed me in the ER needing a D&C. I am currently 37 and my DH is 45. I know that it is late in life to try but after finding this forum and keeping my faith I did not give up. I had the Mirena :x removed in October of 2012 and was scared that I had destroyed my body hormonally. I used OPKs and BD when needed adding a few more for fun and said that Jan was going to be my last month because I was tired of feeling like I was failing . This month at 8 dpo I had a BFN and said I tried but I had symptoms that just stood out. Today at 13dpo I took a CBD and it said Pregnant :omg: , I had blood drawn today and the results were sent to me positive 78 hcg. I pray this sticks. I also hope that you can have hope that anything is possible. I had a dr tell me when I was trying for child in 05 that I again had unexplaind infertiliy and wanted to put me on meds. I had a failed IUI with out meds and gave up . My mom had to encourage me to keep trying for my boy and before I could go back she unexpectedly passed away. One week after her funeral I found out I was pregnant ( naturally) with my DS6. It takes strength, believe me I know , and I hope you continue your journey.
momof8

Return to TTC in our 30s