Anyone wanna join?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone wanna join?

Postby jenblaze » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi Girls... Sorry, went MIA a bit - had a weird scare with (TMI) my nipple having a bit of discharge and also a weird indent. Anyways, freaked myself out with Dr Google, and then went to see my real doc. All is ok, she said just my hormones changing as I am getting a bit older, LOL. She also said that I'm paying more attention to my body than I ever was before so I notice each and every little change that happens that last year I would never have noticed. Going to keep an eye on it for the next month, just in case. However, I am totally embarrassed that I freaked out about this.

Welcome AJS, Hopeful, and Thully!

Amanda (2013mommy) - good outlook on starting fresh with CD1, temping, charting, and OPKs. Also, you made me laugh re the lube and not telling DH yet. Yes, best not to make it TOO clinical. :)

Hopeful - FX for you - sending good thoughts your way - I hope your beta keeps climbing up - KUP, please!

FF said that i am 4 DPO today, but my temp spiked high yesterday and then dipped dramatically this morning, so who knows what that means... I'm officially in the tww and trying not to obsess over each and every thing. We'll see how long that lasts!

Something I did differently this month was take mucinex because I was sick earlier in the month with the flu then a terrible cold. It really did thin out my CM - I didn't have any EWCM this month, which is kind of weird for me. Just really watery and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I hope everyone is doing well and we can def support each other until we get our BFPs!
Me: 35
DH: 35
TTC #1 since 11/2012 (1 chemical pg in March)
BFP 7/3/2013, EDD 3/15/2014

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm

2013mommy-I know exactly what you mean...I also feel like I'm the only woman in her 30s who has no child. I'm determined this time to try harder (will be temping and all that...I ordered my kit). I'm also taking conception supplements and my DH is also taking conception supplements for men (he said he doesn't want to put the pressure on me alone). Am also taking a cough mixture (the equivalent of mucinex).
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm

jenblaze, don't be embarrassed. It's better to be safe than sorry. I would have totally freaked! Definitely glad to hear that you are ok! Good luck with the rest of your tww.

I finally got the call from the nurse and my beta has almost tripled since Sat! So they are happy and no more betas for me. As long as everything stays status quo, my first appt is next Tue. I'm still super nervous though; maybe at 12 weeks, I'll feel a little better about things, but that's still a long way off!

If you ladies don't mind, I'd love to pop in and out of this thread still... and I really hope that you can all join me soon on the pregnancy boards! I need more buddies on baby #1. The board for Sept due dates, there are people with 2-3 kids already and a bunch are in their 20s.

Hoping BFP's are coming to you all this month!
hopeful88

Postby jenblaze » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Hopeful - so happy for you!! So glad your beta has improved further! BFP - it's really real - wooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!

:happyforyou: :wave: :happyforyou:

And yes, you can still pop in and say hi - I'd love to hear how things are going for you. :)

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ajs313 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 am

So happy for you, Hopeful! Jenblaze, glad you feeling better and don't ever be embarrassed! I think we are all looking for things and that is the point of this forum. So we can discuss "weird things" and support each other. I hoping this cycle is my lucky cycle!!!!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby 2013mommy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Ladies!

Hopeful -- YAY!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D Congrats and have a happy & healthy 9 months!!!! Please, please stick around on this thread -- your BFP vibes are welcomed!!

ajs - we're pretty much the same in our cycles, maybe just a few days apart. And I agree, I think based on the fact that we're discussing our menstrual cycles, ovulation, CM, and sex -- there's nothing for Jen to be embarrassed about!

thully - I'm also kinda thinking to try the mucinex thing. I *think* I usually have EWCM, but let's face it a little boost certainly can't hurt. I also purchased Conceive Easy lube (which my DH does NOT yet know about) and I'm thinking of giving that a go this cycle. It's pretty much like PreSeed from what I've read. Although DH is totally on board for this whole TTC thing, I think all the gory details kinda freak him out. So if the moment seems right I'll try it. LOL

Jen - that's way scary! I'd have freaked out, too. And I also would have put myself through the google self-diagnosis. That's just normal. I'm a medical professional and I often find myself getting crazy with the symptom searches and getting all anxious over nothing! And I'd probably have had a temper tantrum over the Doc telling me it was just my hormones since I was "getting older"!! Haha.

Speaking of getting older, I had a minor freak out the other night over turning 35 next month. So I called my (younger) sister for some emotional support -- she said "atleast now that you're going to be 35, you have a valid reason for spending all that money on wrinkle creams". Um...really? Thanks, you little snot. :doh: I think she's just harboring frustration from the times we're out together and people ask how much older than me she is! (She's 6 years younger!!)

So, this cycle I'm charting the best I can. The BBT thermometer I have beeps every few seconds while temping. I usually wake up about an hour before DH so there's no way I can do it while still laying in bed. I have to get out of bed and temp in the bathroom. It's probably not the best idea, but I figure as long as I'm consistent with it, it should be somewhat accurate. (A sleep deprived DH is NOT a fun DH!) Then there's the whole weekend thing. I'm up at 5:15 every weekday...there's NO WAY I'm setting my alarm on weekends. So my chart will just have to suffer, bc I'm not willing to. (I'm almost 35, I NEED my beauty sleep!!!!)

I am doing the OPKs & since my cycle is very regular I'm pretty sure my O day will be a Monday. This is a good thing...lots of time to BD on the weekends! Hopefully the OPKs agree with what I'm assuming has been O day. Otherwise, back to the drawing board.

I downloaded a pretty good book on my Kindle this weekend -- because even when I'm not thinking about TTC, I'm thinking about TTC. It's called "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant". It's a way easy read and I already knew alot of the info in it, but it had me laughing too. I'd recommend it to anyone else TTC (especially since it's kinda focused towards us 30-somethings). I think there's some good info in it.

So, Jen -- when are you going to POAS????
Me: 34 (Already?! How'd THAT happen?)
DH: 38

TTC#1, who will likely be our 1 & only!
2013mommy

Postby jenblaze » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:53 am

Good morning TTC friends!

Well, I'm 6 dpo and my temp took another dive. Not sure what to make of that. I love and hate charting at the same time. Probably not going to POAS until 14 dpo, which is the 31st. Seeing those BFNs just depresses me, so I think I'll wait until closer to AF's due date. I reserve the right to change my mind!

So my "symptoms" so far- sore bbs, headache, and dumbness/forgetfulness. Forgot my shoes and lunch yesterday (in the car); today, I forgot to put on my sweater, which means that I have only a tight long-sleeved undershirt on - muffin top anyone? Luckily, I had a fleece jacket on under my winter coat, so I'm rockin' that today :oops:

ajs - thanks, still feel a little embarrassed, but don't worry - I'm going to talk about my cervical mucus in a minute, so there goes any and all modesty anyways!! :wink:

Amanda (2013mommy) - thanks, still feel stupid. I also still kind of feel like something isn't right with it and it still has that "dent", but that is probably because I was so freaked out for so many days before I called the doc. Anyways, the last thing I need to worry about is my boob while I'm worrying about my fallopian tubes/ovaries/uterus!! :) I'd have smacked my sister for that comment!! Wrinkle cream - pfft! You are only going to be 35, not time for wrinkle cream yet, is it? Now I'm going to have to go and inspect my almost 35 year old face and see what's up!!! :wink:

I am totally getting that book!

Word of advice to you gals who are going to try mucinex.... it seriously thinned out my CM. I had NO EWCM this cycle (and I always have it) - only watery CM, which was weird and kind of messy (ew). I have no idea if that is good or bad.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Tuesday!

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jenblaze » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 am

Wednesday. See what I mean? dumbness.

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:59 am

What I heard about mucinex is that its best taken between the end of AF and O. After O it shouldn't be taken b/c it will thin the mucus too much and will cause the little bean not to stick...or so I heard. So from the end of next week, will stop taking it.
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ajs313 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 am

My big news of the day....I decided to quit smoking. I always had it in my mind that I would quit the second I got pregnant but now I realize that it might be preventing me from getting pregnant (duh!) So today is the day! Every time I want a cigarette I just remind myself that I want a baby more. I know it is stupid and unhealthy to smoke and I never was a heavy smoker but I decided it is just time to be done. Wish me luck! Smoke free for 13 hours and counting...
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby jenblaze » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:31 am

Thully_1980 wrote:What I heard about mucinex is that its best taken between the end of AF and O. After O it shouldn't be taken b/c it will thin the mucus too much and will cause the little bean not to stick...or so I heard. So from the end of next week, will stop taking it.

Yes, I heard the same. I was taking between AF and O - I stopped a few days before my O date because I was feeling better. I was taking it because I had been sick with the flu then a cold. But really, everyone is different, so it might affect you differently. You'll have to KUP on how it affects you, if you don't mind - I'm curious.

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jenblaze » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 am

ajs313 wrote:My big news of the day....I decided to quit smoking. I always had it in my mind that I would quit the second I got pregnant but now I realize that it might be preventing me from getting pregnant (duh!) So today is the day! Every time I want a cigarette I just remind myself that I want a baby more. I know it is stupid and unhealthy to smoke and I never was a heavy smoker but I decided it is just time to be done. Wish me luck! Smoke free for 13 hours and counting...

Good for you ajs. Hang in there - I'm betting it's easier when you have motivation like wanting a baby!

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am

Thanks, ladies!

I love your energy and spirit, not to mention your senses of humor! You make me laugh every time I visit.

ajs313- Huge step! Keep it up! It should definitely help!

jenblaze- FX for you! You're right, 6 dpo is early so try and be patient. Hoping for the best! I know it's hard. But it sounds promising so far!

2013mommy- i'm a little sister by about 9 years and i've been asked who's older! :doh: But I would NEVER say that to my sister! (And she's almost 45!) Really, I say she looks young (I like to think I do too) and that means I should look young for a long time to come. Good luck with the temping! Get sleep now, hopefully by the end of the year you won't be getting much

Thully- good luck this cycle!

Why do I use so many "!" on this thread? :)
hopeful88

Postby ajs313 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 am

Thank you so much for the support!!!! Not just with TTC but with quitting smoking! You guys are the best and your encouragement has made me more determined to succeed!!!! :)
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby 2013mommy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 pm

ajs - good for you! I used to smoke, and admittedly I'll have a cigarette every now & then, but the urge is now so minimal when I remind myself I'm TTC. I used to rationalize it by saying I ate well, worked out every day, etc. Sh*t, I ran a marathon (all 26.2 miles) and I was smoking probably a half pack a day. My vice now is my evening drink. LOL. I so look fwd to getting home after a long day at work & the gym, showering & pouring a martini or glass of wine. I don't let myself do it EVERY day anymore (especially in the TWW) but I haven't been ready to give that up just yet. :)
Hang in there, trust me it only gets easier. One hour at a time.

jen - any POAS-ing??? (I'm impatient & its not even about me!!!)
Me: 34 (Already?! How'd THAT happen?)
DH: 38

TTC#1, who will likely be our 1 & only!
2013mommy

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 30s