Anyone wanna join?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone wanna join?

Postby jenblaze » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:18 am

AJS - 4dpo today??? How are you feeling? I agree with Hopeful - do something to keep your mind off of it.

Hopeful - thanks, I just think right now is a good time for a break - takes the pressure off me for now. I'm still temping and using my cbfm, but once i enter it in ff, I'm not even looking at my chart. It's a relief right now. How are you feeling? Today is your appt with the doc, right? FX that everything goes well.

AFM...that's about all I've got. I'm happy to have a break, less pressure. But I'm still going to check in on everyone here. Sorry, went MIA again for a few days, but I didn't want to look at a computer over the weekend! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday!
Me: 35
DH: 35
TTC #1 since 11/2012 (1 chemical pg in March)
BFP 7/3/2013, EDD 3/15/2014

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ajs313 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:29 am

Well, I am at 5dpo and SO impressed that Jen remembered that! So thoughtful! Right now I am having every symptom possible (I am sure it is in my head since it is so early)! I am torn about the birthday celebration. I am turning 36 and all I think is how it gets harder and harder to conceive with each passing year!

Hopeful- I hope everything went well at the dr. yesterday. Thinking of you!

Jen- reducing stress can always help even if you aren't "trying" you never know!!!!

Babydust to all!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby jenblaze » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi AJS - :) Hard not to obsess, isn't it? I have to say, I'm really enjoying the not obsessing thing right now. It's a little hard since I still chart temps and my monitor results, but so far, I like not having the pressure of reading into everything. next month, I may even stop temping and using the monitor. Seriously, looking at all that stuff and analyzing and obsessing feels like full-time job!!

Hopeful - how are you doing? How did the appt go? I meant to ask you - what kind of start-up were you working on? Always been a dream of mine to own my own business, especially something related to food, like a bakery or a cafe.

AFM, I'm playing hooky today :) I really needed a day to myself to be a lazy bum and not do anything. I'm about to finally get in the shower and get moving. My brother-in-law's mother passed away and I want to make him a treat to cheer him up - he's obsessed with my sugared pecans, so I'm planning on making a big batch for him this evening. I hope you girls are having a nice Wednesday!

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Hello ladies!

BTW, do either of you know what happened to 2013mommy? I just realized she hasn't posted in awhile (at least in this thread.) Hope all is well with her.

AJS, I got my BFP less than a month after my 36th, so don't worry! You should do something to celebrate you. But I know what you mean with each year, I get less and less excited about my birthday. How's the quitting smoking going? Have you kicked the habit? You can and should celebrate that! FX!

Jen, sounds like a much deserved day off! Glad to hear you're making the most of it. :) Sorry about your loss. I'm sure he'll appreciate the pecans. They sound yummy!

And yes, ttc is overwhelming! It's nothing but back-to-back tww's. Waiting to test, waiting to O...waiting, waiting, waiting!

AFM, The dr appt went well. (Thanks for asking!) Everything checked out fine post-op and we talked about what we're doing next. We decided that we would try on our own for a bit. The dr suggested that we come back in 3 months if we don't get pregnant and then we can talk about adding clomid or injectibles and possibly IUI. But glad that she thought we should try on our own for a bit. What she had proposed for the next attempt at IVF was way too much. Anyway, I am in my own wait---AGAIN! I have to get blood drawn every week until by hcg levels are negative. Then we can start trying again.

As for non-ttc stuff, I was working on a social shopping website. It was a lot of fun and I still think the idea has some merit but I was basically doing on my own (except for the programming bit) and really want to be part of a team again. I'm looking at opportunities in a similar space right now and then maybe I'll keep working on it on the side. Ooh! I love food and it sounds like you really enjoy cooking/ baking too! I think that would be tons of fun. Have you ever been to M.Henry? I think it's in Andersonville if I remember. I always thought it was so cute; it's half bakery/ half cafe. Let me know if you decide to do it and if I can help in anyway!
hopeful88

Postby jenblaze » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Hopeful - so glad the appt went well! It must be hard to have to wait, but I've heard good things about being super fertile after m/c. I'm sending positive thoughts and vibes your way! Your start-up sounds super cool. Someday, when we don't need my salary so much, I am going to look into finding a career in food - I'm honestly at my happiest when I'm in the kitchen. I find dicing veggies and whipping egg whites or heavy cream by hand to be 2 of the most zen-type things I can do. As I was whipping egg whites last night for my pecans, I was thinking about nothing, just the motion of the task - it was SO nice to just be mindful of that simple task and creating something. I've never been to MHenry, but I looked it up and it is still there! I'll have to check it out once the weather gets a little nicer here. Thanks for the recommendation!

AJS - how are you feeling in the tww? Yes, it gets harder to get older as we ttc, but my sister's sister-in-law is 45 (45!) and just announced that she's 4 months along. So, it may just take a little longer, but stay positive!! got any symptoms you want to obsess over?? :)

AFM, not much going on. Just working today. Looking forward to the weekend and daylight savings time!
I hope you girls are having a nice Thursday!

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Jen, did you get a ton of snow this week? I miss big snowstorms for a good excuse to stay in and be lazy and how pretty it is just after it falls but then I do not miss the aftermath of trying to get around post-storm. If/ when you go to MHenry you'll have to let me know what you think. It's been a few years since I've been, so I hope it's still as good as I remember. I've noticed all these CSA delivery box services popping up here in the Bay area where in addition to local produce they are including ready-made goodies. Maybe that's a way to start/ to test the waters...you could start with your pecans! I'm sure there's something similar in Chicago.

AJS, how's it going? Keep us posted and let us know if you have some symptoms you need analyzed ;)

Enjoy your weekends!
hopeful88

Postby ajs313 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:11 am

Stupid AF showed up today...3 days early! I feel like the better I time bd and O the farther I get from being pregnant! So frustrated and annoyed. And she came on my birthday :( AF SUCKS!

Thanks for letting me vent :)
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby jenblaze » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:46 am

AJS - I'm so sorry the witch showed :( Happy Birthday - I hope you have something fun planned tonight or this weekend. The same thing happened to me - when we started trying, my cycles got shorter.... Do you chart (sorry, I can't remember)? I learned that my luteal phase is getting shorter. We are taking off this month from ttc, but I'm still charting and using my monitor so I have accurate records for my ob/gyne. Next month, I might try B6 to lengthen the LP, but I'm scared to add anything to my body and I can't find a good source of information for dosage, etc. right now, I take a prenatal (Citranatal DHA-90, B12 for energy, and vitamin D once a week because my last blood test came back slightly deficient. Have you done anything different with meds or supplements?

Hopeful - i'm sorry i didn't respond to your last message - I've been busy busy busy. Thanks for your suggestion with the CSA - that is a really good idea. How are you doing this week?? Have you had a blood-draw this week?

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi!

ajs, so sorry about AF. Hope you had a fabulous birthday! How long after O did she come? I've always had short cycles (25-26 days) but I figured out that I O early so it's not a big deal. If they are close together, definitely look into what Jen is saying. Please feel free to vent away! I certainly have! :)

jen- how are you doing? is life/ work settling down a bit? Hope you've been able to relax and enjoy a nice glass of wine from time to time!

as for me, keep getting my weekly blood draws. hopefully, last one will be on Wed. last week, hcg was down to 12! I have no idea when I'll O and I don't think the fertility monitor will help until after AF, so I've told DH that we just need to BD and hope for the best until we can start tracking again.
hopeful88

Previous

Return to TTC in our 30s