Anyone wanna join?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Anyone wanna join?

Postby jenblaze » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:31 am

Well... here's to being Wednesday... I am looking forward to a long weekend! I work for a trading firm and the markets are closed on Monday. Although by MOnday, I'll be in the tww and I'm sure I'll be obsessing over symptoms!

Sorry you feel AF is on her way to you - I was hoping you'd be one of those "I got pregger in my first month ttc" girls!

I'm still waiting for confirmation of O - this cycle seems weird to me. My monitor said I'm at "peak fertillity" this morning, but my temps aren't matching up. I'm convinced that having the flu earlier in the month is throwing everything off. But, there isn't anything I can do about it, so I'm just rolling with it!

I've heard tons of stuff on PreSeed. I haven't looked into it yet for myself as lube, in general, freaks me out a bit (irrational, I know!)...

Yep, Chicago girl, born and raised (southsider). Now I live a mile outside of Chicago-proper, but so close that I don't consider myself a suburbanite. Funny, my husband and I have talked about moving away from Chicago and going somewhere warmer (esp if we don't have kids), but I don't know if I actually see it happening. I know I would miss it so much, but I would not miss the cold. I was walking to my office building from the train station this morning (I work downtown) and it was so bitterly cold and windy - I thought my face was going to freeze off. We haven't had any snow accumulation this winter, and I do LOVE the snow. What part of Texas are you in? Our friends just moved back to the Indianapolis area from Austin - my husband visited and really liked Austin, esp the bbq!
Me: 35
DH: 35
TTC #1 since 11/2012 (1 chemical pg in March)
BFP 7/3/2013, EDD 3/15/2014

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 2013mommy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Wow -- it's Thursday already?! :D
Crazy busy week at work, looking forward to escaping my office a bit early tomorrow to start the weekend!

Yes, AF showed up 2 days ago. That's good though, atleast I can get a clean slate and chart from Day 1. I also received the OPKs and ConceivePlus today. I haven't mentioned the lube part to DH, haha. I haven't decided if I'll try it this cycle or not, so I figure better to not mention it right now. After all, no reason to make BDing TOO clinical.

Have you gotten your confirmation of O?? Your turn for the TWW!

I'm in San Antonio. (About 60 mins from Austin.) I was here for a meeting about 7 years ago & just fell in love with the city. So, long story short -- sold my house & quit my job in NJ and headed South. LOL. Well, not quite THAT crazy -- we had a house built here before we actually moved. It was quite an adventure. One of those things we were able to do bc we didn't have any children. LOL
Me: 34 (Already?! How'd THAT happen?)
DH: 38

TTC#1, who will likely be our 1 & only!
2013mommy

Postby ajs313 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 am

After reading this thread I want to join! I am Amanda, too! We have been TTC for about 4 months. I am expecting AF sometime today and I am feeling pretty down about it. I know she hasn't come yet but this is always a disappointing day :(

I don't understand how teenage girls get pregnant, in the back seat of a car, having had sex one time! Ugh! I am frustrated and I just had to vent! Thanks for listening!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 am

Hi Ladies, just like ajs, I would love to join this thread. I'm all the way in South Africa and I'm 32 years old to turn 33 in April. I got married to DH in October last year and I am still to conceive my #1. Its sooooo hard and I was about to lose hope.

Got AF on Wednesday, so now I want to do tempting and all that. I haven't actively TTC, but last month, I started getting symptoms...but closest to AF they vanished :(...and now I'm more driven to try harder.

What I love about all this is that I'm learning soooo much about my body and how it works, and is amazing. So Ladies, hope we stick together, guide each other until we get our BFPs!!!!
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am

Hello Ladies,

I've been lurking a bit. I'm a bit older..you guys are still so young! :D I turned 36 last month, eek! DH & I were trying to get everything in while I was 35. Didn't happen though.

Here's my TTC story. Based on family history, we tried to do go through IVF in Nov/ Dec to freeze some embryos for #2 and then naturally try for #1. Well, I only got 2 follicles, so we opted for an IUI instead. (BFN) Had everything lined up and planned for IVF#2 try (transfer and freeze any extras) in Feb. I say "had" because in our cycle off from meds, I got a BFP (last week) I was cautiously optimistic, but happy nonetheless that we were able to conceive 'naturally' when the dr started to think we only had a 10% chance even with IVF. Nothing confirmed yet, but I'm not feeling to good about this one. Beta #1 was 437 and Beta #2 509 two days later. Go back for another tomorrow morning. FX

For what it's worth, I used ClearBlue fertility monitor and preseed last month to get by BFP. There are definitely mixed reviews on here about preseed. (lots of mc, but I'm not convinced it's statistically higher than without. will do some more digging.)

And I went to grad school outside of Chicago and relocated to CA from NY a little over year ago! Nice to meet everyone and good luck TTC!
Last edited by hopeful88 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
hopeful88

Postby ajs313 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Hopeful! You are not much older, I will be 36 in March. I lived in Chicago for 10 years and now I live in Denver. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I am expecting AF today but so far...nothing. Trying not to get my hopes up, though. I am sure she is on her way :(
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hopeful88 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks, ajs! I'm hoping that AF doesn't rear her ugly head for you today! Also, glad to know I'm not the only one (almost) on the other side of 35 ;)
hopeful88

Postby ajs313 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:14 pm

No AF yet but I just took a test - negative. So sad :(
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Thully_1980 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 am

Ajs? Still no AF? I hope she hasn't found you yet!
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ajs313 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26 am

Thanks Thully! Still no AF but took a second test and still negative. Should I test again or just assume AF is on her way. This is such a confusing and frustrating process! Ugh! I am so disheartened!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hopeful88 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Ajs, that's good that AF hasn't shown up yet. Depending on your hcg levels, it might mean you don't test + for a bit. Hang in there! FX.

My beta went up today! Just made the cutoff, so that's good but it also means another one on Mon.
hopeful88

Postby ajs313 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:00 am

AF reared her ugly head last night. Was she late just to mess with my head??? Hopeful88, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! DH was great and said that I got AF just because it wasn't the right time and when it is we will get pregnant. I think he was disappointed too. Maybe this month will be THE month!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby 2013mommy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:56 am

Hi ladies! Happy to have so much company, LOL!
AF is now gone, so this will be my first month using OPKs & actually temping a full cycle. Better late than never, right??

Kinda funny that there's two Amandas & both Jen & I will be 35 a day apart & we are all TTC #1. Small world. Outside of this board it usually seems like I'm the only 30-something without kids, the only one TTC & frankly it can get a bit lonely. So glad I now feel like I'm not the only one!

So, besides charting & OPKs, what else are you guys doing?

2013mommy

Postby 2013mommy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:58 am

Forgot to also mention, I'm usually MIA from these boards on weekends -- my apologies! I try to stay as unconnected as possible on the weekends.

2013mommy

Postby hopeful88 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:49 am

ajs313, so sorry about AF. You can have fun trying this month! Your DH sounds sweet. It's so hard for me to see my DH sad when we're with our friends' kids or our niece & nephew. I know he loves them but just really wants one of our own! FX that this will be your month!
hopeful88

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 30s