Anyone wanna join?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Anyone wanna join?

Postby jenblaze » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:43 am

AJS - so glad to hear things are better. And so sorry to hear about your water heater :( it stinks to have to deal with stuff like that. I hope you guys get time to BD this week! FX for you!
Me: 35
DH: 35
TTC #1 since 11/2012 (1 chemical pg in March)
BFP 7/3/2013, EDD 3/15/2014

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 2013mommy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:47 am

Hey ladies!
Sorry I've been M.I.A all week -- DH & I took a few days off to relax & do all the stuff we can't seem to find time for on weekends. Completely by coincidence, I O'ed this week, too...so there was plenty of time for BDing. I know I definitely covered all the bases timing-wise this cycle, so hopefully the rest of the stars aligned. :D

I'll be sure to stop back over the weekend and catch up with everyone, just wanted to let y'all know I didn't desert you!!
Me: 34 (Already?! How'd THAT happen?)
DH: 38

TTC#1, who will likely be our 1 & only!
2013mommy

Postby jenblaze » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:55 am

Good morning - Happy Monday!
Amanda - I'm 2/3 through the Impatient Woman's Guide - LOVE it! It's super funny and, most importantly, makes me feel a hell of a lot better about turning 35 in 11 days. Thank you for recommending. How is your TWW going?

AFM, just waiting to O... should be early next week.

How is everyone else doing?

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 2013mommy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 am

Morning ladies!!

I've been a bad, bad message boarder this last week but vacation over & now back to real life! I'll pick it up, I promise!

Jen - I'm so glad you are liking the book! I think I finished it in two nights, which is crazy for me...usually my attention span doesn't allow me to be so efficient! And yes, my favorite thing about it was how it made being 30-something okay. Haha. See? We aren't old!!
Speaking of 35, we will both be there next week, huh? Yikes! Whatcha got planned for your birthday?

aj - you're in the TWW with me now, right? I'm 6dpo today. I'm not symptom obsessing just yet...but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out! :)

I'll post my FF chart in m siggy later, but fair warning, my chart is a mess. Being off last week, I missed a few days of temping & the days I did, the times were all different. I did use a softcup twice after BDing & whether it works or not, I kinda like them. Totally didnt feel it & it made me think that all the swimmers were being kept where they were supposed to be. I also tried the Conceive Plus (like preseed) ... I didn't mention that part to DH, haha. He didn't seem to notice. Since we were both off work, I think we got BDing in enough to cover a few days before & day of O. But again, my temps sucked so I was mostly going on OPK & my usual post-O boob soreness.

2013mommy

Postby hopeful88 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Hello Ladies!

How are your TWWs going?

2013 mommy, hope you had a great little vacation! I was on vacation when I O'd before my BFP so I'm keeping my FX for you!

Well, I might be back on the TTC side of things soon. Just had another US and still no fetal pole/ hb. It's just a waiting game now just with worse odds each week. As if I wasn't hormonal enough, this is one heck of an emotional rollercoaster!

Hope you guys plan something fun your birthdays!

Andrea
hopeful88

Postby jenblaze » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Andrea (Hopeful) - I'm so sorry you are having a rough time. I was thinking about you today and wondering how things were going. The waiting game you are in must be so difficult - much more than the tww, I'd imagine. FX that things turn around for you. We are here to listen if you need... Hugs your way. Do you go back in a week?

Amanda (2013mommy) - as far as bday plans, DH has planned a day for us downtown and dinner. I am hoping it is tickets to the Book of Mormon (Broadway comedy musical). As far as dinner, I consider myself to be quite adventurous and a bit of a foodie, so hopefully, he picks a good restaurant. Of course, I'll be in the tww by then, so hopefully it can keep my mind off things. I have a 4 day weekend, so hopefully mani/pedi and relaxing. I'm also hoping to organize my basement - last week was the home office and it looks awesome! I'm a bit like Monica from friends when it comes to cleaning/organizing :) How about you? Oh and I hope all of your vacay BDing did the trick - FX for you!

As for O/BD/Etc... I think I'll O early part of next week, so I'm going to be BDing like a madwoman this weekend :) I'm waiting for my temps to say what's up and also my lovely clearblue monitor, which I FORGOT to insert a pee-stick this AM... realized it 10 minutes before I had to leave for work, squeezed out the teeniest pee in a cup and was very lucky that was enough for the test. Doh! Anyways, that's my funny for the day. I swear, ever since we started ttc, I've become very DUMB.

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 2013mommy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 am

Hopeful - hang in there! Think positive! (Easier said than done, right??) I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

Jen - that sounds like an awesome birthday plan! I too am a total foodie...maybe its an Aquarian thing?? As for my BDay, I'm not too sure. I left it up to DH to decide...which will either be awesome or completely unique. LOL.

ajs - how's your TWW??

I proudly say I'm 8dpo and haven't peed on anything since OPKs!! Not sure how much longer I can hold out though. Since I'm not POAS, I'm catching myself symptom spotting. Haha. I had some light intermittent cramps for the last two days but that could be just me paying extra attention to my pelvic region. :) I also noticed some EWCM along with creamy CM the last two days. Again, that likely doesn't mean a thing. I think I'll allow myself to maybe POAS with a FRER on Saturday morning at 10dpo.

2013mommy

Postby hopeful88 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks ladies! We're trying to stay positive but not get too excited.

Jen, I loved Book of Mormon. So inappropriate but non-stop laughs! I hope you get to go! It sounds like you're nesting already! Hope this is your month!

Amanda (2013mommy), be strong! Better to hold out as long as you can instead of seeing the BFN. You can do it! That said, those symptoms sounds promising ;) FX for you!

Hope you both get your BFPs as early/ late bday presents!

ajs- hope the TWW is going well!
hopeful88

Postby ajs313 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi All! I was out of town for the week. I didn't disappear on you! DH had to go away on a business trip so I went to visit my parents in warm, sunny, SoCal. Loved sitting at the pool relaxing. TWW is going slowly, of course! It was nice to have the distraction but now that I am hoping I am hoping for and dreading Friday to get here! Please keep your fingers crossed!

I missed you ladies and I am thinking lots of sticky thoughts for everyone!

2013- I am in the same boat. Not testing yet but I sure I have felt a million little signs! Is that a cramp or just gas??? ha ha ha

Hopefull- Fingers tightly crossed for you!

Jen - Happy birthday! I hope it is super special. I am so jealous that you are going to see Book of Mormon! I am dying to see it! Where are you having dinner? I lived in Chicago for 10 years and miss the food so much!!!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby jenblaze » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi Girls - sorry went MIA. Been SO busy at work and wanted to tune out from technology the last couple of days.

Amanda (2013) - how's the tww going? You are 11 dpo? Any news to report - did you POAS yet? I hope DH plans something really fun for your bday. Would be super awesome if you get a BFP in time for that - what a gift that would be!

Hopeful - I'm glad you liked the Book of Mormon. Let's hope I'm right - it's supposed to be a surprise, but I can usually figure out what he's got planned :) I hope everything is going well. KUP on what's going on, esp after your next appt. Still keeping FX for you.

AJS - I asked that he take me somewhere in outside the city because downtown will be a zoo on the Saturday after VDay. There are a few restaurants that I've been wanting to try... one is called Vie in Western Springs, another is Autre Monde in Berwyn. I'm not sure which he'll choose. We also have a favorite little frenchy bistro on the southside, so maybe he'll choose that place as it's "our" place. Where did you live in Chicago? I'm a southsider - lived up north a number of years, but wanted to buy a house, so came back to my roots :)

AFM, I'm cd13. CM is not cooperating and neither is my temping. But I did temp an hour late on saturday and then I had a few glasses of wine saturday night, so that threw off sunday's temps. According to my monitor, I'm on the 3rd day of high fertility, so hopefully tomorrow is peak and then my temp should spike on tuesday morning. TTC is a LOT of work!! I'm trying to relax tonight, have a brisket in the oven for dinner and a pot of chili on the stove for later in the week. YUM! Hope you all had a nice weekend!

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 2013mommy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:52 am

Hi ladies!

Just checking in quickly. I was on call all weekend so I didn't get to POAS Saturday morning with FMU as planned since my pager was going off at 0530 & I was in a daze. But then yesterday, AF decided to show...2 days early! WTF?!?! On the bright side, she'll be gone by my BDay. (Eternal optimism, keeps a smile on my face!) So, here we go again...

ajs - FX for you!! Any POASing??

Hopeful - any updates?

Jen - It's birthday week!! Hope your week is awesome & I KNOW 35 is our lucky age for getting our BFPs!!,

What's everyone got going on for Valentine's Day??

2013mommy

Postby jenblaze » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:38 am

Good morning All!

Amanda - 2 days early! Boo to that, but I like your thinking that at least it will be gone for your bday! Can you believe that 35 is just a few days away? I don't feel 35, I don't think I look 35, but I'm looking forward to celebrating with a 4-day weekend. Yes, I too am confident that 35 is our age for BFPs!

As for Vday, we are going to go to our fave pizza place that night. I'm off work on Friday for my bday - going to treat myself to a mani/pedi. Looking forward to it! How about you - any Vday plans?

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Hope you all had a great weekend! (and vacation ajs!)

2013- Boo for 2 days early, but way to look at the positive!

ajs- your wait is almost up! KUP

jen, i hope this is your week! I love that you guys are getting pizza for V Day. My husband and I usually get a pizza every year; we're not really VDay people and definitely find enough other excuses to have a good meal.

No updates on my end. No spotting or signs of mc, so I'll take that as a positive for now. We go back tomorrow for another ultrasound tomorrow. Of course, we're hoping to see a heartbeat, but if not I think I'm ready to move on so we can get trying again. I'm looking forward to an answer. I'll be sure let you know!
hopeful88

Postby jenblaze » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Hopeful - good luck with tomorrow's appointment - I'll be thinking about you and sending positive vibes your way.

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks ladies for all of the well wishes. The worst has happened and still no heartbeat. So now I get to decide whether to have a D&C or just wait it out. Neither option sounds like much fun but I'm leaning toward a D&C just to speed up the process and get back to TTC sooner. I will be positive as this has given us more hope and more options. It was looking pretty bleak after our cancelled IVF cycle/ failed IUI.

I really hope none of you have to go through this! The highs are amazing but the low is the WORST! To top it off, I'm left bloated and with even bigger bbs! Hopefully, they'll go back to normal soon :)

ajs- any updates or are you still waiting a few more days?
hopeful88

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 30s