Anyone wanna join?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone wanna join?

Postby ajs313 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 am

Jen - so sorry to hear you have cramps but I will fx that it is implantation cramping!

Today is Day 8 for me and I haven't had a positive OPK yet. I feel like I can't get a positive ANYTHING! However, I know it is still early. I am pretty regular so I shouldn't get one before Monday. I hope I am doing it right. These things stress me out.

Question: I have read different things on what time of day you should OPK. I have been doing with my first urine of the morning because that is what the box says but I was wondering if anyone here has a different opinion?
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby jenblaze » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Nope, AF on her way, just started.... I'm at work, too. Lovely.

I read that some women pee on OPKs in the AM and PM because the LH surge may be short for some women. I used the Clear Blue OPKs for my first cycle and I managed to get smiley faces 2 days in a row, but I only peed in the morning - I cannot hold my pee at all in the afternoon/evening, unless i am sleeping. Then I switched to the Clear Blue Easy Monitor (CBFM), which I only POAS in the AM for that. What kind of OPKS are you using?

Do you know anything about short LPs? This cycle, mine was only 9 days and I know that's not good for sustaining a pregnancy unless implantation happens super early... My doc won't see me until we've been trying for 6 mos. I'm losing patience here. And now I'm all weepy with my period. Gah!
Me: 35
DH: 35
TTC #1 since 11/2012 (1 chemical pg in March)
BFP 7/3/2013, EDD 3/15/2014

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ajs313 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:23 am

Sorry to hear about AF. She is mean!

I am using the Walgreens brand OPK's. I have been using them first thing in the morning and I haven't gotten any positive results. According to the calendar I shouldn't O until the end of the week so I am not freaking out...yet!

I really don't know anything about LH let alone LH surges! I am learning as I go. We have been trying for about 6 months but this is the first month we are using OPK.

We have new insurance kicking in at the end of March so I am waiting for that before I make a Dr. appt. I guess we will see!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby jenblaze » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 am

Hi AJS - Do the OPKs give you lines or plus signs, or happy faces?

LH surge is what causes you to get a positive OPK, it is a surge in the Luteinizing Hormone. The surge happens right before you O. Then the phase between O and your period, is called your Luteal Phase (LP). LP needs to be a certain length of time for the fertilized egg to successfully implant in your uterus. If your LP is too short (like mine is now), There may not be enough time between fertilization and implantation before your uterus sheds the lining. Without the lining, there is nothing for the egg to stick to.

Here is a link to a post I found on another board that helps explain the fertilization/implantation process. I really like the image in the middle/bottom of the post.

http://archive.tcoyf.com/forums/p/68840 ... 2.aspx?d=1

I hope things are going well for you!! Any luck with your OPKs?

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ajs313 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 am

Thank you so much for the information! I am starting to get overwhelmed with all of the information and acronyms! I haven't had any indication that I am o'ing yet. However, I am not really due until later in the week. I am using the one with two lines. The control line is working (I guess that is something :)) but I haven't seen anything with the test line really. Certainly not the same color! I know I am being impatient but after 6 months, I think everyone is! Thanks for the link!!!!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hopeful88 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to say hello.

Jen, sorry about AF. Hopefully, you can get to the dr to help with lengthening your LP. Grrr! I can't believe they won't see you yet! Have you thought about seeing another dr. or maybe an RE? I thought I recently read something about what helps with LP, but I don't remember where. I'll do some digging.

Ajs, I hope you get that + on the OPK soon! It sounds like you're using them correctly if the control line is working!
hopeful88

Postby jenblaze » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:40 am

Hopeful! How are you doing?? Yeah, my ob/gyne said she'd see me after 6 months of trying. It is only 2 more months - I'm sure I can wait just a little longer. We are possibly thinking of taking a month off from ttc. We have a lot of stressful stuff going on and I think it might be nice to just take a break from charting, fertiltiy monitor, etc.

AJS - I dont' know enough about the ones with the 2 line, but as Hopeful said, if the control line came up, you should be ok. I know all about being impatient - ttc seems so hard sometimes. It's supposed to be the most natural thing in the world, right? But we are trying to wrangle nature into our own timeframe and control it - maybe that's why it makes us so crazy, because we really can't control it at all. Ok, off my soapbox now!!

I hope you gals have a nice morning. I'm going to get back to work...

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ajs313 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 am

You ladies are so supportive and informative! I just love you all and I have never even met you! I am on CD 11 and haven't ovulated yet which isn't surprising. I know it is early but I just keep waiting! Waiting to ovulate. Waiting to POAS. Waiting for AF. Just a lot of waiting. It is enough to make you mad. Why did I spend my 20's trying so hard NOT to get pregnant! I am turing 36 in about 2 weeks and I told DH I really want to be pregnant before that! Jen, you are right, I think it being unable to control things that gets really frustrating!

I will stop ranting now...

I hope everyone has a great day :)!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby ajs313 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:03 am

I just got my first + OPK! I am super excited! I step in the right direction!!!!!!

Hopeful- I think you have your Dr. appt. today...thinking of you and sending you good wishes!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby jenblaze » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 am

AJS - great news! Now go and get to BDing!! :)

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks so much for the positive thoughts! I made it through the D&C. Supposedly it went well but I was out so I have no idea. :). Just a little foggy now.

Honestly, the toughest part of today was that DH's friend just announced that his wife is pregnant. (Of course she's In her 20s) It's killing both of us. We weren't exactly excited when they got married, but I guess they're happy now. Gah! I feel like a horrible person thinking it's not fair but I know our (and yours too!) time will come. It just makes it extra hard to find out today of all days and they are probably due around the time we thought we would have been.

Oh to better news! Ajs, yay for +opk! Hope you get some good BD'ing in.
FX!

Jen, I completely get wanting to take a break from ttc. It gets tedious with all the POAS and temping. Maybe a break will make it that much better when you start up again! I don't know if I could cold turkey though. I might just POAS or temp? Of course I don't temp, because it seems like too much effort to me :) I applaud you all that do! Ttc should be exciting and not stressful. I know you'll do what makes sense for you with all that you have going on!
hopeful88

Postby jenblaze » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi girls - sorry, I've been MIA - we've had a bunch of layoffs here at work (yesterday) and I work HR so I've been so busy with terminating everyone.... And those of us who get to keep our jobs get a 15% paycut, so it is pretty crappy here right now. And today people who were laid off just keep calling and yelling at me.

Hopeful - I'm glad everything went ok with the d&c. I know - it's hard when people get pg. One of my friends at work is about to deliver and I am so jealous every time her bump walks by. And I feel like a shrew when I think that way. But I think it's ok for you to be a little thrown by that, given the circumstances. I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. What did the doc say about ttc - do you have to wait a little while? I hope you are treating yourself to something nice like a nice dinner out or maybe some spa time??

AJS - anymore + OPKs?? Are you charting?

AFM - I just think I need a break from it - very stressed about work and really freaked about my paycut- that is a significant amount of $, esp with the social security tax here going up, so really, I'm losing out on 17% of my pay. I'm pretty pissed about it, actually. But I'm too worried to look for another job because I don't want to start somewhere and then get knocked up and not qualify for FMLA or maternity leave. UGH! So, given all that's going on, I'm not sleeping and have just been so tense and on edge which is probably not good when you are ttc. Ok, rant over, gotta get back to work.

Hope you guys are all doing ok.

HCG #1 - 21
p4 #1 - 8.0
HCG #2 - 105
HCG #3 - 791
p4 #2 - 16.2

Stanley
jenblaze
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hopeful88 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Oh no, jen! That sounds horrible. Layoffs are the worst! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I'm sure they realize you were just the messenger but they probably feel like you're the closest thing to an ally they have left at the company. Ugh! I hope you're able to relax a little this weekend and put your feet up with a big glass of wine!

So, I kind of know where you are on deciding what to do about a new job. I've been working on my own start-up for the last couple of years but things have changed in the last few months and I have been starting to look at new opportunities. It might not be a bad time to look, especially if you're going to take a little time off of ttc...It's only 1 year before you're covered, right? As we know all to well it takes time and then you have another 10 months to wait...Just a thought if you've had enough. Hang in there!

Ajs, how are you doing? hope it's going well!

AFM, I go back to the dr on Tues to make sure she got everything out and to discuss next steps. From what we talked about before, we can start ttc once my hcg levels go down. So probably in a month or so.

BTW, I just want to say thanks to you ladies for listening to me and being so supportive. You rock!
hopeful88

Postby ajs313 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:37 am

It sounds like everyone is having a busy, hectic week! I hope you guys can have a nice relaxing weekend.

AFM, today starts the TWW, again! I don't think we BD'd enough! I am hoping we got the timing right but I am not feeling very optimistic. Today is DPO 1 so I have awhile before I know anything. Now is the time when I start over-analyze every little thing and making myself more crazy than usual! ;)

Enjoy your weekend!!!
ajs313
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hopeful88 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:48 pm

It's all about timing! FX that this is your month! Try to keep yourself busy with other things so you don't drive yourself crazy!

Maybe start planning something fun for your bday if you haven't already :)
hopeful88

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 30s