38 ttc for the first time

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

38 ttc for the first time

Postby Weejo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Hey there, so here's a bit about me, just turned 38 and ttc for the first time. On cycle #5 with no luck yet :(
Kinda presumed as I'm super regular that My fertility wouldn't be a problem, but after reading these boards I realise that's not long to try. So here I am 10 dpo trying not to analyse every symptom. Last month my (.)(.)ies were sore a couple of dpo right up until af. I only usually get them a day or two before,but my whole tww was plagued by swollen, tender breasts, which I didn't have previous months trying. This month nothing, except i have some cramps and fullness in my pelvic area the past two days, no spotting, no nausea, no sore boobs,so I have no idea whats happening to my body.
Anyone else 10 dpo wanna buddy up? posting.php?mode=smilies&f=28#
Weejo
Friend

Re: 38 ttc for the first time

Postby Hottie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:21 am

Hi Weejo I'm ttc #1 too! I'm 37 years old. I think not having your normal pms symptoms is a good sign. I bet it will happen soon for you. Say some prayers! I've been trying for a really long time.
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BlackAngelPlayah » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Well, I do hope your time in the TTC community is short!! I'm 35 and DH is 57 (TODAY!!) and we are also TTC#1. We have actually been trying to have this kid for years, so hopefully He/She will get here before we are both too ancient. LoL! We've been trying off and on since we met nearly 16 years ago, but I don't think we have been giving it our all. Plus we have several strikes against us. We're both of course older and I believe I have PCOS, plus I feel I could stand to lose a few lbs!! I plan to work on my issues in 2014!

But all that aside, we are trying again. The point is, you are definitely not alone! There are plenty of us TTC in our 30's and some of us TTC #1. Let's support each other in this..

:babydustg:

Jen
Image Image Image Image
http://TheBabyChronicles-BlackAngel.blogspot.com

Me: 36, Super irregular cycles, possible PCOS
DH: 57, Recently diagnosed with Prostate Cancer :( , Has Chosen watchful waiting
TTC #1 :baby:
BlackAngelPlayah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SnowyInChi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi there,

I turn 35 in a few days and I''m 7 DPO, TTC #1 with my husband. This wait is miserable, I feel like a hypochondriac with all my symptom analysis and charting. Only our second month trying after 17 years on birth control-but it is frustrating to not really even know what a normal cycle (off the pill) is supposed to be like! I've never had sore boobs in my life until last month....but about a hundred tests confirmed a negative. I get addicted to the stupid sticks. Fingers crossed for this time!
I'm 35
TTC#1
SnowyInChi
Friend

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi all! I'll be 36 in 3 weeks and we are TTC #1. I'm 9 DPO and this is our second month TTC. My 40 year old hubby is a little nervous about being an "old dad". Any advice to pass along to him? How have you ladies dealt with the agonizing waiting?? Such highs and lows every single month!
PS I'm brand new here so please forgive me in that I haven't read through all the posts yet.
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby PacificGirl » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:40 am

Hi all! I'm new here as well. Snowyinchi- you sound JUST like me. I feel like a total hypochondriac, I'm 33 and went off the pill in August after begin on it for about 17 years. When I didn't get my period the first month off I thought I had miraculously gotten pregnant after a month- but that wasn't the case. In fact my first period didn't come for almost 5 months. Ovulated for the fist time in december and then got my first period so I guess this is our second official month really TTC. I'm 2DPO and already agonising over Every. Little. Thing.

Snowy and spongebob -did you end up testing?
Me & DH: 33
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
PacificGirl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi PacificGirl! I tested a couple of times last weekend...BFNs. But I got my af like normal after getting off the pill, just an irregular cycle. I've been feeling lousy all week, so I can totally relate about feeling like a hypochondriac. Just tested tonight and thought I saw a faint positive... Going to try again in the morning. Hope you get your BFP soon!
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby PacificGirl » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Good luck!! Let us know how you go. I seemed to have a few symptoms on dpo1-2 but now they are all gone. I feel totally normal. 6 more days before I can even think about testing.
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
PacificGirl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:27 am

Thanks PacificGirl. The test this am looked the same as last night, so I'm still unsure and going crazy. The plan is to get one of those digital HPTs and wait another agonizing couple of days. Except for three straight days of mild cramps all day and night and cold like stuff, all my other symptoms went away too. Maybe that's not a bad sign?? Fingers crossed for you all!!
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:33 am

SnowyInChi - any update? Your fellow hypochondriacs are here for you!
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby PacificGirl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Ahh I feel like I'm almost as eager to hear about everyone else getting BFPs as I am about myself. I said it in another thread but it's like watching a story in a book unfold. It's amazing that I can be so excited for people I've never met (but sometimes not AS excited for those I know I person, because it brings out a few feelings of jealousy).
TTC #1

My Ovulation Chart
PacificGirl
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:09 pm

I totally understand where you are coming from, PacificGirl. In my crazy mind it seems like people around me are flaunting thier pregnancies. On here everyone has the same goal and excitement. It keeps you encouraged to keep trying.
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:35 pm

I gave up on the sticks and bought the digital tests. Got a BFP!! Thank you for all of your posts. Good luck and don't forget to let us know how yours turns out!
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby wrighton1977 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:39 pm

HI Weejo! I am 36 and my husband is 43. We are also TTC our first. We have been together for 12 years, married for 5. We are currently on day 3-PIUI.

I was a lurker for a long time on these boards, but have found that joining in is so wonderful. It's so nice to have women around that can relate and give helpful advice and virtual hugs! I wish everyone the best, and hope to hear of your BFP's! :babydustg: :babydustg:
Me 36, Hubby 43
TTC naturally for 2 years for our 1st, we finally got our BFP in late August 2012, but ended in miscarriage at 8 wks.
We started seeing our RE in August of 2013. Found out Hubby has low sperm count and motility issues. I am subclinical hypothyroid and have slightly high AMH numbers indicating a "mild ovulatory dysfunction".
IUI #1 with Clomid and Estrace: August BFN
IUI #2 with Clomid and Estrace: November BFN
IUI #3 with Clomid and Estrace: BFN
IUI#4 current cycle. Clomid, Estrace, and Ovidrel IUI scheduled for January 21.
wrighton1977
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby pumpkinseed » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:38 pm

*Just realized this is an old post….sorry!

Wow - you ladies sound a lot like DH (42) and me (36) -- TTC #1

We've been together a looooong time and only just started TTC 4 months ago. So far no luck. It is seriously stressing me out. I feel like we probably wasted so many years (not trying) but really, the timing was truly not right and we weren't ready to be parents, but now that we're ready…it's like "JUST HAPPEN ALREADY!"

It's stressful, too, as family/friends don't know we're trying and I'd like to keep it private, so we are avoiding stress but family stress adds up! So I feel like I want to avoid all upcoming holidays just so we can focus on us and avoid nosey nellies ("when are you having babies?") and not get depressed about BFNs. Seriously, our families and acquaintances have been kinda rude asking questions, so if it happens that we do end up having fertility issues…I will probably slap the next person who asks. :omg:

My cycle is regular, my tests came back ok, hubby getting semen analysis soon just to be sure…but I think we all assume it will take 1 cycle and boom - pregnant. Well, I was wrong, that's for sure - lol! :doh:

So you are not alone… I wish all of you lots of luck and perfect "timing." I am on CD2 right now, so I have some time before OPK's and ovulation this cycle, but I am so hopeful it happens for us.

I am the same with the "sore boobs club" -- I never had that symptom until last month (maybe I just never noticed?) and of course….BFN.

Good luck to you all!
Me: 37 / DH: 43 / G-free / Autoimmune thyroid disease (nature-throid)
Lovenox, metanx, baby aspirin, prometrium, vitamin d3, prenatal, progesterone
MMC: 01-14-15
CP: 4-12-15
MMC: 7-13-15 (d&c, heartbeat was seen but gone at 8 weeks, 2 days)
TTC ON HOLD WHILE I AWAIT RESULTS, HOPING FOR RAINBOW BABY
pumpkinseed
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC in our 30s