No Diagnosis?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

No Diagnosis?

Postby radkitten » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:06 pm

I had the big sit down with my RE yesterday and while I am somewhat relieved I am even more frustrated. I had my HSG yesterday finally and all labs had come back. He sat down with my DH and I and went over everything.

HSG showed open tubes and healthy uterus. His only comment about the HSG was that my cervix was large for a woman who has never had a child.

Bloodwork showed:
-Vitamin D deficiency (I live in NE Ohio so duh?)
-Calcium a bit low (Due to Vitamin D deficiency he said)
-Elevated testosterone
-Elevated glucose

Husband is going next month to have a SA, but he got his previous GF pregnant, so while he may have issues now, it's more then likely me that is the larger issue since I was NTNP with my ex fiance for at least 2 years, and NTNP for 1 year with my husband and trying to 3.

So, I have no diagnosis outside of elevated testosterone. He swears I don't have PCOS because I get a period like clockwork. My regular doctor thought I did despite having a regular period as I have several other symptoms for it (male pattern hair growth, excess abdominal weight, issues losing weight, severe fatigue, long term infertility).

He said he just thinks my egg quality is poor from the elevated testosterone, and that my uterus is basically hostile territory currently.

He is currently having me wait until April to detox some medications that are contraindicated with pregnancy out of my system and for me to try and lose between 10-20 lbs. Then he said he is going to have me taking a steroid of some sort to bring down my T levels. And of course, he said the biggest side effect of the steroid is weight gain.

What he doesn't seem to get is I can't lose weight either :(. I go to the gym a minimum of 3 days a week for 30 minutes of cardio and then light strength training. I quit drinking pop and sugary stuff, and I portion control, and I've GAINED 5 lbs in the past month. How does that even happen?!?!?

I just really hoped I would get a diagnosis of some sort to help. I still don't really know what is causing my infertility and there is next to no information online dealing with just elevated testosterone levels and infertility, just dealing with it and PCOS.

So I'm at a loss :(. It's hard to feel so conflicted. Once I saw the dye spill out of my tubes yesterday I stopped holding my breathe, but not 5 minutes later all I could think is "What's wrong with me then?". I just feel hopeless right now I guess without having something to read about or research :doh:
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: No Diagnosis?

Postby ete29 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:24 pm

That sounds very frustrating! Have you heard of vitex aka chaste tree berry? I used it to even out my hormones after getting off bcp. It worked like magic for me. Also, my dear friend had pcos and secondary infertility for 10 years. She started karate, which was pretty intense. She didn't lose much weight, but something changed for her body and she got pg by surprise. I don't know if this helps, but thought I'd share.
ete29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby radkitten » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:25 am

Yeah, I've definitely upped my workout routine and frequency. I will have to look into the chaste berry, although he already has me on what feels like a million vitamins, I'm sure adding one more couldn't hurt!
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ete29 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:30 am

I recommended chaste tree to my neighbor who was having really long heavy periods and now they have normalized. Strange to think a plant could do that to our bodies.
ete29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 30s