Hi - My first post!

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hi - My first post!

Postby chall » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 am

Hi all! I've been lurking here for a little while, and decided to finally post and introduce myself because you ladies all sound so nice and supportive. I'm 33 (almost 34) and TTC #1 - currently in our second cycle of trying. I started charting my temps last cycle, and this cycle I started trying OPK tests. Last night I got my first positive! I was so excited :) Hoping we're able to catch the egg this time around. Is there anyone ovulating right around now that wants to wait with me?
Me - 36
DH - 38
DD1 born 4/18/14
TTC #2 since July 2015
chall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Hi - My first post!

Postby JKJ » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:49 pm

I started my TWW on Thursday!! I will wait with you! I've been TTC since Aug '12, had a M/C in January, February was my restart month, so here I am once again...waiting. Good Luck!!! I'm going to do my best not to POAS too early, lol!!

Cheers,
Jenn
Me-32
DH - 32
M/C Jan '13
TTC #1 since Aug '12
JKJ

Postby chall » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:33 am

Good luck to you too! Sorry to hear about your M/C :( I hope things go better for you this time around!

We just recently started TTC. This is our second cycle, but I think I'm already addicted to POAS! It was so exciting to see the OPK turn positive on Thurs and Fri. Can't wait to try HPT - I think we timed BD well this month, fx! Last month I was so sure that I was pregnant, and I POAS a bunch only to see BFN. Silly me thought it would be easy for it to happen on the first try. That's what we've been led to believe for so long, right? I'm going to try really hard to wait til 14 dpo this time around. We'll see.

I have to be away for work all next week, so I'm hoping that makes the time go by faster.
Me - 36
DH - 38
DD1 born 4/18/14
TTC #2 since July 2015
chall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tryingnottoobsess8 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Why did I just discover that there was a special board for "TTC in our 30s"?! My people! May I join?!

I am a little behind you all this cycle but most of us are in the same type of boat....

I am 34, 3rd cycle of TTC #1, and would love to get my BFP before I turn **gasp!!!** 35 in June. I've never been pregnant and at this point am just crossing fingers that DH and I are fertile.

xxx
I'm 35 (Becca), DH 41. Dog son: 5yr old Eng Bulldog :babydustg: to ALL!!!!!

BFP!!! Oct 4th, 2013
tryingnottoobsess8
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chall » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi trying! I was excited when I found the TTC in our 30s board too :) Also really happy to see other ladies trying for the first time in their 30s. Most of my friends who are my same age already have 2 or 3 kids, so I feel I'm way behind sometimes.
Me - 36
DH - 38
DD1 born 4/18/14
TTC #2 since July 2015
chall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tryingnottoobsess8 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 am

I hear you, chall! I live in the LA area so everyone has kids later here but I'm starting to feel left out-most of my close friends have had at least one. And, most of them had either an *oops* or got pregnant on the first try :roll: I know I'm only 3 months in and many women have tried much harder and longer...but it's hard not to be a little jealous when it seemed so easy for so many of my close friends!

BFP!!! Oct 4th, 2013
tryingnottoobsess8
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LK1123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:00 pm

I completely understand you ladies! I turned 32 today and my DH is 34 and this will be out first month ttc#1 for both of us! We live in a small town where it's not uncommon for people to marry their HS sweetheart ad start having kids right away. (However a lot end up divorced eay and have multiple kids with different people). So the fact that we met and married in our 30s without kids was shocking to most :). I always thought I would be married with all kids by 30 - haha! However I am much happier with how things have turned out :) God knew what he was doing even though I didn't!! I have a hard time talking to friends about ttc because they don't seem to understand what it's like to have the "ticking clock" feeling. Nice to see this group :)
Me, Lindsay, 32 / DH, 34
Married 11.23.12
Me - Dx PCOS 2006(?) (on Femara); hypothyroidism 2013 (Synthroid 25mcg)
:angel: 07/02/13
:angel: 12/25/13

"Blessed is she who believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her!" Luke 1:45

My Ovulation Chart

LK1123
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tryingnottoobsess8 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi LK! Where are you all at? I'm pretty sure today is O day and my 2WW starts tomorrow. Can't wait to see how you guys do! Hoping for some POAS support, lol. I'm going to try not to test until a day or two before expected AF. AF is expected on 03/13. :babydustg:

BFP!!! Oct 4th, 2013
tryingnottoobsess8
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LK1123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:34 pm

I am CD5. I had to be on provera to induce af and it finally came CD80!! Talk about horrible wait and wasted money on hpts lol. I do have PCOS though so started femara CD3-7 this month in hopes ill finally ovulate. I have u/s mar 5 to see if its working for me. So I don't only feel the age side of it, I also have the medical concerns. I'm very anxious for my o date lol.
Are you trying anything special this month?
Me, Lindsay, 32 / DH, 34
Married 11.23.12

"Blessed is she who believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her!" Luke 1:45

My Ovulation Chart

LK1123
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chall » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm on CD 17 now, and I'm pretty sure I Oed on CD 14 or 15. I'm not entirely sure. I had a +OPK on CD13/14 and a temp spike on CD15, then a drop for two days, then today it was back up. You can see my chart using the link in my signature if you're curious. What do you think about which day I Oed? Either way, I think I can be confident I'm in the TWW now. No POAS until at least Saturday because I'm not at home. Though I suppose I could buy some tests here. But I really shouldn't.. trying to wait til at least 14 DPO. I think I'm already a POAS addict and this is only my second cycle trying!
Me - 36
DH - 38
DD1 born 4/18/14
TTC #2 since July 2015
chall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LK1123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:01 pm

lol.. I'm definitely the POAS addict type!! Even after neg blood tests, I was still doing it lol.... I honestly haven't started the charting thing and don't think I will for at least the first couple months. I get super hyperfocused on things and don't want this to be one of them. I don't want to miss the enjoyment of being intimate with my husband and I know if I get too involved I will. I wish I wasn't that way, but I know me - so therefore, won't be charting lol... So needless to say, I wouldn't be much help looking at yours lol. How are you feeling about this month?
Me, Lindsay, 32 / DH, 34
Married 11.23.12

My Ovulation Chart

LK1123
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby WantToBeASingleMom » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm 36 and TTC for the first time too...alone. :)
Nicole-SMBC ~single 36.5 y/o
WantToBeASingleMom
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby chall » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 pm

This is only my second cycle after coming off of BC, so I'm still kinda learning whats "normal" for me. I think that's why I really like the charting. Also I'm a math person so charting and graphing and analyzing data is fun for me :) As far as symptoms go, I have noticed I have a good bit of creamy CM, and I had some weird back twinges and abdomen twinges today. But again, don't quite know whats normal yet. How to make the next 8 days go faster???
Me - 36
DH - 38
DD1 born 4/18/14
TTC #2 since July 2015
chall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby WantToBeASingleMom » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:57 am

chall wrote:This is only my second cycle after coming off of BC, so I'm still kinda learning whats "normal" for me. I think that's why I really like the charting. Also I'm a math person so charting and graphing and analyzing data is fun for me :) As far as symptoms go, I have noticed I have a good bit of creamy CM, and I had some weird back twinges and abdomen twinges today. But again, don't quite know whats normal yet. How to make the next 8 days go faster???

:rofl: I don't know! But when you find out how to make the TWW fly by, let me know!
Nicole-SMBC ~single 36.5 y/o
WantToBeASingleMom
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tryingnottoobsess8 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 am

Chall - I haven't been on BC for years and years...I know for me I get all sorts of symptoms with PMS. So it's hard for me to get too excited about feeling "symptoms" during my 2WW. I get mild nausea for a few days, bloating & cramping off and on the whole week before AF, irritability, fatigue, super tender BBs, a couple of awesome zits and I usually have one day about 3-4 days before AF where I'm a basketcase....so for me a lack of symptoms would be the only credible sign that I'm PG!! That being said, I'm already symptom spotting at 3DPO, lol. I'm so curious what I will and won't feel once I actually get knocked up!!!

BFP!!! Oct 4th, 2013
tryingnottoobsess8
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC in our 30s