Newbie Age 37, TWW blues, 4DPO

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Newbie Age 37, TWW blues, 4DPO

Postby muffinhead » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello everyone -

First, may I just say how wonderful it is that all you ladies are so supportive of each other! I've been lurking around a bit and was just so impressed at the warmth of everyone on this site, I decided to sign up a few days ago.

AF is due 3/9 and I'm 4DPO - My honey did the BD 21st, O was the 23rd. Truth is, we weren't trying, he just simply decided not to "stop dancing" It was a big uh-oh for me at the time, but now I'm actually really excited about the thought that I might be having a baby (this would be #3, I have two 17 year olds) Oddly enough, I now find myself doing NOTHING but thinking about it/researching it/reading about symptoms/etc.

Anyone know if I'd be feeling symptoms yet? I feel them, however, I'm not sure if it's just ovulation symptoms: BBs sore, tired, lots of pinching cramping in my lower tummy happening. Could the cramps be implantation? Does one still experience ovulation/pms symptoms if they become pregnant? Is my mind playing tricks on me? I'd love any kind of feedback, share your story, ANYTHING!

Thank you, everyone!!!
muffinhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Newbie Age 37, TWW blues, 4DPO

Postby emmsmom » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi,

We are almost in the exact same spot. I am due on the 10th. Feel like I am going crazy. This is our first month trying and I am a nervous wreck that this will not happen for me. I am 38 and everything you read just makes you feel so bad.

I keep thinking I am feeling stuff too but everywhere I read said it is not possible.
emmsmom
Friend

Postby chall » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:29 pm

My AF is also due on the 9th! I've never been pregnant, so not much idea about symptoms. I'm just willing the next 8 days to go faster. I'll keep you company while we wait :)
Me - 36
DH - 38
DD1 born 4/18/14
TTC #2 since July 2015
chall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby muffinhead » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:29 am

Hi Chal & Emmsmom! Sounds like we're all three in the same spot. Yes, let's keep each other company! Tell me (us), having any symptoms, etc.?

Where I'm at: As of midnight, I'll be 6DPO and I'm REALLY starting to cramp. I have zero doubt that it's implantation. It's a pricking feeling, like someone took the eraser off the back of a pencil and is poking me with it, very sharp jabs - It's hard to explain but it's NOTHING like menstrual cramps. Also, I know that may sound strange but I just have a 'feeling' that I'm pregnant. Again, hard to explain but I just feel a certainty.

As they say, sprinkling baby dust and blowing it towards you both!
muffinhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby chall » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm at 7DPO, and not much to report... I have noticed creamy CM for last couple days though. Not sure if that's to be expected?
Me - 36
DH - 38
DD1 born 4/18/14
TTC #2 since July 2015
chall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby muffinhead » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Chall, I'm not sure either.
I woke up today with no pain, no cramps, all breast pain gone. Worst cramps last night, wondering if this means implantation didn't stick????
muffinhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby chall » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Muffin - maybe that means it did? Sending :babydustg: your way..

On a completely different topic (sorry, need to vent) .. I'm currently sitting at my gate at the airport, desperately wanting to get home after a very long week-long business trip... aaaannnndddd flight is delayed. UGH. :x
Me - 36
DH - 38
DD1 born 4/18/14
TTC #2 since July 2015
chall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby noreenc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm around where Chall is at 7 dpo AF is due on the 10th. I have much of the same symptoms. Dull aching/cramping in my lower back/abdomen area. I had the sharp pain a few days ago lasted a few seconds. Been dragging on/off. Been checking my CP to see how high or low it is. Couldn't feel it anywhere and I poked as high up and around as I could squatting and on the toilet. I read an article yesterday that if it's high it's a sign of being PG When pregnancy occurs, the cervix will rise up and become soft, yet the os will remain tightly closed. This occurs at different times for different women – as early as 12 days after ovulation or well after the pregnancy has been confirmed by a home pregnancy test or doctor.
http://www.fertilityauthority.com/your-fertility/cervical-position-what-it-tells-you-about-your-fertility
Me: 37 DH: 46
1st RE Appointment: 3/3/14 DONE and my lady parts look GOOD!
Plan: SA needed 4/3/14, HSG 3/28/14 if ok proceed to ovulation
induction in April or May with an IUI before O'ing and an IUI after!
CROSSING EVERYTHING!

noreenc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby muffinhead » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Chall - Delayed flight, ahe? Grrr ... no fun there. Then again, look around ya, maybe there's some people watchin' to do :wink: Airports are a good place for that.

Noreen, looks like we're all around the same age and same AF time - It's funny, because of my age, I'm more ready now than ever to have a kid (wiser, etc) but my body disagrees. Funny how that works.

I'm really nervous about not having symptoms anymore - Super intense last night and now it's as if it was all a dream. Someone tell me this is normal!? Tell me that after implantation your body is like, "ok, now we're having a baby, let's stop these symptoms and let's give her the new symptoms." Tell me, tell me, TELL ME! Te he ... I'm a dork. I just so want this to be it - I really do.

How are the rest of y'all feelin'? Any signs that implantation has taken place?
muffinhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby chall » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Noreen - I just started trying to check my CP this cycle too. I could tell after AF and before O that it was low and firm. It was pretty easy to touch it. Then it got higher and much softer at O time. I couldn't really quite reach it unless I "pushed" like I was trying to have a bowel movement. It's still pretty high now. Hope its a good sign!

Muffin - eh, I spend too much time at the airport to enjoy any of it anymore :| Just want to get home to my hubby and my kitties (they are my fur-babies).
Me - 36
DH - 38
DD1 born 4/18/14
TTC #2 since July 2015
chall
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby noreenc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Well the good thing I found out is not everyone gets IB and those that do most likely bleed a bit prior to O-ing (which I did not ). I.E. I do not bleed at all prior to O-ing but I do get symptoms and the EWCM therefore I may not get IB...that made me a bit less concerned and anal but not much :rofl:
CROSSING EVERYTHING!

noreenc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby muffinhead » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Chall, sure is awesome to have kitties at home for sure. I just moved to Seattle from Los Angeles, CA (Hermosa Beach to be exact) so they're the only current sunshine I have.

I find myself drifting off, thinking of baby names. Funny, I only think of girl names.

BTW I am obsessed with this site - countdowntopregnancy.com They have a calculate for when to take your preg test (under tool section) I keep going back and re-reading it, as if I'll read something new each time. Also, you can look at all these pictures of pregnancy tests uploaded bye dpi, totally addicted now.
muffinhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby noreenc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:38 pm

As much as I would love to this site will drive me more crazy than I already am! :doh: :rofl:

muffinhead wrote:BTW I am obsessed with this site - countdowntopregnancy.com They have a calculate for when to take your preg test (under tool section) I keep going back and re-reading it, as if I'll read something new each time. Also, you can look at all these pictures of pregnancy tests uploaded bye dpi, totally addicted now.
CROSSING EVERYTHING!

noreenc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby muffinhead » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm a bad influence .. te he .. I hear you though! It's just nice to see it spelled out for me on the when to test calculator. It says I shouldn't test until after Monday ... Boohoo, I want to test now!
muffinhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby noreenc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:46 pm

I broke down and went to that site :rofl: I have common symptoms of being PG at 7 dpo :rofl: :doh:
CROSSING EVERYTHING!

noreenc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC in our 30s