Ttc first baby. Nearly 32.

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ttc first baby. Nearly 32.

Postby Welshttc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi all, not really sure what I want to say but just want to vent!

I am 32 in April and we are ttc our first baby. Partner is 28.
I just feel so frustrated with myself for waiting. Always thinking it would just happen and concentrated on utter crap instead! going out with girls, working etc

Been ttc for 6 months now and after being hopefull at start of this tww, af came today and I have spent most of tonight crying!
Feel so angry at myself. And also embarrassed.
People have even stopped saying 'your turn next' to us.

Grrrr so frustrating!!!
Welshttc

Re: Ttc first baby. Nearly 32.

Postby tryingnottoobsess8 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 pm

I understand your frustration! I am only on cycle 3 TTC but I'm 34 (going on 35) and just now trying for #1. I work in a field where having a baby before now would've have been difficult...at least difficult for me to continue to work much while pregnant or soon afterwards. But now that it didn't just magically happen in the first month or two I'm wishing that DH and I would have "let our guard down" sooner. SO many of my frineds either got pregnant on "accident" or on their first try. Just know that you are NOT alone. You do definitely have time!! Hoping the best for you :D
I'm 35 (Becca), DH 41. Dog son: 5yr old Eng Bulldog :babydustg: to ALL!!!!!

BFP!!! Oct 4th, 2013
tryingnottoobsess8
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:04 am

Hi Ladies, am turning 33 in April and am ttc #1 too. Its so depressing to see women with kids, and teenagers having 'accident' babies...and I've been wishing for a baby for more than 6 months now...but actively trying for the 2nd cycle now. What prompted me to try was a chemical pregnancy in December/early january...and now, I want this baby.

I feel that time is against me and DH coz he's 52...but at least he's got kids with his ex wife, but they are not part of his life at all coz their mother doesn't want them anywhere near us. So he yearns to have 2 more kids...with me, and I'm so hurt when I feel like I'm failing him constantly :(

Fx that it will happen for us Ladies, eventually :)
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Love27 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi ladies! I'm totally in the same boat . I'm
31 ttc our 1st and it's taking longer than I
Thought:( we r on cycle 6.. It's hard to hear
About ppl easily getting preggo or
Not even trying and it just happens! I'm
Trying hard but it gets frustrating sometimes!
Anyway good luck to us all.. I needed
To vent ;)
Love27

Postby care327 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 am

hi i wanted to share too =) i just turned 32 last week and we have been trying since may 2012. i wish i woulda started trying sooner too my dh has 3 kids already but desperately wants one with me too. n i do too!!
Me: Carrie 34
DH-35
DSS-16
DSS-14
DSD-12
DD in Heaven Faith Marie

Fur Baby- Snoop Dogg 5

Fur Baby Bizzy Bone 10 months

TTC #1 Since May 2012
BFP feb 17, 2013
M/C march 11, 2013 @ 6w3d
Officially diagnosed with PCOS October 2013
January 2014- New SA shows very few sperm (7) =(
April 2014- Dr. Confirms we need re-do of reversal or IVF
October 14 2014- Surgery semi-successful. Tons of healthy sperm alive n swimming!
December 2014- SURGERY SUCCESS!!!!! 89 million spermies =)
Jan 5, 2015- BFP
Jan 13, 2015- MC
March 20, 2015 BFP!
Faith Marie born into our hearts 6/24/15 at 16 weeks.( triploidy) RIP babygirl

My Ovulation Chart
care327
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meg4280 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Similar boat... I turn 33 this month and Dh is 29. We got married in October, and are on our 2nd month "trying" - really only 1st considering timing issues last month. Although we haven't been trying long, so I don't really have the frustration that all you feel (although I feel FOR YOU), so many of my friends are "yep - we only tried once".. or said they were planning to get preggo in a month or 2- and low & behold, there was a big annoucement right around the corner. Many of my friends on their 2nd and 3rd. I"m terrified that the law of averages is against me, since everyone else "seemingly" hasn't had any issues. Here's to a BFP for all of you SOON.
meg4280
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby shellywellysbelly » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm 31, my DH is 37 and we've been actively trying since Sept 2011. This month was especially cruel with too many friends "April fooling" with pregnancy announcements. So insensitive!! Ugh!! Every month, I get my hopes up only for AF to arrive. This has been a particularly stressful month. SIL is pregnant--announced it to the fam at 5 weeks preggers. My grandmom had a heart attack. Legal matters looming. DH's business crashed and burned. I've been trying to tell myself that no-kids life is quite lovely and that I should cherish it because it will be over soon. Sigh---So this month, I planned a trip to New Orleans for a few days after AF arrives. If there is BFN, no problem--I'm going to have the time of my life in NOLA. If BFP, how awesome would it be to break the news to DH on vacation? This cycle has been tracked by RE-- LH surge, visualizing folicle, progesterone check--everything looks perfect. They keep saying that there is no reason I shouldn't be pregnant. Maybe this will be like when you take your car to the mechanic because it's making funny noises and when your mechanic starts the car, it works perfectly. I can certainly hope that's the case.
shellywellysbelly

Postby pacita » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm feeling you on this thread! I'm 31 and DH is 36, we started trying in Jan 2013 so are going onto cycle #4. We were living abroad and travelling a lot prior to this year so didn't start trying sooner, and I had always arrogantly assumed that it would only take a month or 2 since we are both healthy active people.

Well, I didn't factor in travelling for work and timing issues, as well as the fact that for most people, these things actually take time. I guess I'm not used to having no control over making something happen in my life, and with TTC other than doing your best with timing it's totally out of your hands. I'm coming to terms with that though, and DH is keen to get more involved in thinking and planning on the timing aspect of TTC so I'm hoping we get there soon. I can't believe how frustrated I am at only just 4 months of TTC... I've never ever looked enviously at pregnant bellies or other people's babies before and now I'm shocked to find myself doing it.

We've still got plenty of time though ladies, and wishing you all the best of luck on this journey!
pacita

Postby tbrick1002 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

I am in the same boat. I will be 32 and hubby will be 28. We have been trying for over 2.5 years. We stopped trying after 3 IUI did not work. So I decided to lose weight and try again. Hoping thing work naturally now since I am actually on a somewhat regular cycle. Good luck to all of you.
Me 32 DH 28~ Anniversity October 2, 2009~ Lap for Endo- 2002, 2003, 2007~ TTC#1 since September 18, 2010~ Chemical Pregancy October 1, 2011 Took break from fertillity treatments from February 2012 - July 2013.

tbrick1002
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LynneFas » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:08 pm

I am in the same boat! I am turning 32 in April. I always said "I have time" "No babies yet" "I'm not ready"... Who knew that even after only 3 cycles ttc, that I would be SO frustrated and sometimes even feeling desperate! I know that's crazy because we really haven't been trying long. I just kick myself sometimes for waiting... for always having something more important to do and focus on (like work-- blah!) when I should have been thinking about the time that was passing me by. We only just got married in Aug 2012 so having children was not going to happen before my 30s anyway. It's hard to discuss these issues with my friends and coworkers (you know, those women that you spend most of your time with!), because everyone says "stop with the apps, stop charting, stop all that and just have SEX". Right -- if only it was that easy! I feel like once you are willingly, knowingly ttc, it's absolutely impossible to NOT think about it and JUST have sex. I don't necessarily stress out constantly, however, I am always going to be aware of whether or not we are having sex at the "right" time.

I feel your frustration ladies. Hopefully 30 is the new 20 and we will all get a BFP sooner than later!

:wink:
Me: 33
DH: 33
TTC: 1+ years
Dx: Blocked left tube and < 2% morphology
9 months total TTC naturally but then there's this.....
Aug 2014 IUI: 50mg Clomid - BFN
Sept 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Oct 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Nov 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
Dec 2014 IUI: 100mg Clomid - BFN
IVF process started late Feb 2015... Egg retrieval March 2015... FET April 2015...
April 13, 2015 :bfp: :D 1st Beta 235
You can read all about my IVF journey here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/babyhopeful412
LynneFas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby lythrum » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi everyone - I completely understand all of you! I'm 31 and am finally at a point in my life in which it makes sense to have a baby, and we haven't had any luck thus far. We've "only" been trying since December, but getting the timing right is really important since I'm working on my PhD. We had the timing worked out perfectly and now it all just seems like it's falling apart. My doctor won't even start testing for infertility issues until we've been TTC for at least 6 months, which is disheartening because it feels like we are just wasting time.

Welsh - I'm just a few months behind you, turing 32 in August! It is so incredibly hard waiting time and time again, only to continue to be disappointed. I'm right there with you and am sending you hugs. I know what it's like.

Tryingnottoobsess - Same here. I'm now thinking that we should have started trying earlier, as I never expected that getting pregnant would take some time. Nobody ever told us that it might not happen right away and now it is so hard trying to convince ourselves that something isn't wrong with us. We have a very short window in which it would work out for me to have a baby due to school and work, and we are running out of time.

Thully - Yes, I know exactly how you feel. It hurts to see all of these teenagers walking around with baby strollers, and to see friends get pregnant on their first try with no issue. They have no idea what some of us have to go through. :-/

Sending you all lots of love and baby dust. You are not alone! <3
I'm 32 / DH is 26
Egg donations: 01/2011, 05/2011, 11/2011
Severe oligospermia: 05/01/2014 (1.75 mill/mL, 4.9 mill total, 34.2% motility)
BFP #1: 05/09/2014 (5th cycle)!!!
EDD: 01/19/2015 <3
lythrum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:25 am

Hi Ladies :D

Re-kindling an old thread I see :rofl:

Am STILL TTC my #1 and am turning 34 in the next couple of weeks...
Its worse now coz DH has a new job and he travels a lot :doh: even as we speak, I'm on a 'forced' break because he is away for 6 weeks! This is so frustrating but I don't have a choice.

In January I decided to go see a Gynae and he diagnosed me with PCOS...and put me on clomid for 3 months, and I only took 1 cycle coz hubby was going away and I will take the next cycle now in April coz he will be back. He also suggested weight loss to improve my chances and I'm working on that one.

Good luck to all of you Ladies... it will definitely happen for us... eventually!
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lythrum » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:56 am

Thully - glad you went to the Dr. - one step closer now! I'm sorry to hear that your husband is traveling so much, but it was smart for you to hold off on the Clomid until you will be able to make the most of it. Crossing my fingers for you in April!! :)
I'm 32 / DH is 26
Egg donations: 01/2011, 05/2011, 11/2011
Severe oligospermia: 05/01/2014 (1.75 mill/mL, 4.9 mill total, 34.2% motility)
BFP #1: 05/09/2014 (5th cycle)!!!
EDD: 01/19/2015 <3
lythrum
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ekkotack » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:44 am

Hi gals. I'm 34 and hubby is 33. We had our little girl when I was 33 and now we are TTC #2. It's not been easy to get a sticky bean this time around! Emotional roller coaster for sure. Hoping to see you all in a DDC soon. Good luck to each of you and good for you, Thully, for getting the Clomid. Hoping this is your lucky month!
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:15 am

Ekko, thank you :) . Good luck to you and DH. Pray that God blesses you with your #2.

Ladies, AF showed up on time yesterday and I didn't pick up my clomid prescription :doh: I was supposed to start it today on cd2...so I decided that I will pick it up and do cycle5-9 instead :D. I work far away from town and I dont have time to go get it, but tomorrow since I don't work on weekends, I will go get my pills... do you Ladies think I should do cd3 or cd5? I heard that depending on when you take it, it makes a huge difference. My Dr said cd2...but I'm too late for that...

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC in our 30s