Hi all, 37 years old, not sure what we're doing...

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hi all, 37 years old, not sure what we're doing...

Postby flowermomma » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:41 am

Hi everyone. I'm not sure why I'm here really. We were done *I think*. Anyway, out of the blue, hubby stops pulling out a few months ago. Strange mainly because he was the one who said "No more". We haven't been timing to avoid pg or to create one. I think we're just going with the flow (no pun intended). :wink:

So anyway, I'm not even sure what my opinion is on it either way. Which is actually ironic, given my life in general. I had my first at 17, prior to meeting DH. Talk about a crazy time. Anyway, DH and I eventually had 3 more. Now here we are years later, own our home, doing well financially, one in college, great neighborhood etc... PERFECT time for a baby, however, my age scares me half to death. I can handle quite a bit, however, I'm not sure about being able to handle any issues that could arise due to my age. Does anyone know the statistics of having a healthy baby at my age. I'll be 38 in May.

Today is Cycle Day 1 for me and I'm going to start keeping track of my cycles. But I'm not sure the reason yet. Is it to try or prevent? I know it's a ttc board, I just don't want to jump right in without knowing the facts. Has anyone here had success at 37-38? Were there any complications? I'd appreciate any input you may have. Thank you
flowermomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Hi all, 37 years old, not sure what we're doing...

Postby musikgirl » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 am

I'm 38 and ttc #2 for six years. My dd is 7. There aremany people our age having healthy babies! There are higher risks for a variety of things, but the odds are in your favor. My ob had her first at 42!
musikgirl

Postby momoftreasures » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:36 am

I had a healthy baby at 38 and 40. TTC #8 at 42. I know countless women close to me who had numerous healthy babies well past 40. The odds are greatly in your favor.
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Erica4275 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:06 am

I read an article recently that said that most of the data on age and birth rates come from historical records where people in general had much shorter life spans. Even the more recent studies that have been done were before the introduction of home OPKs. Nothing is impossible.
My Ovulation Chart

Furbaby - Oberon (Obi) 5/5/2010

Erica4275
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby flowermomma » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:20 am

Thanks everyone. My plan is to talk to DH about it and find out his main reason for the sudden turn around. After 8 years of 'no more', I'm curious as to what's going on in his head. I guess I just need to make sure this isn't just a mid-life crisis decision. And I want to be sure my age isn't an issue. With my oldest being 20 and talking about marriage, I don't want to be taking any attention from her and her plans. It's an odd situation having a child only 17 years younger. My sister in law is older than me and just had her first child. We seem to have such an unusual family as far as parenting ages go, but somehow, it works and seems normal to us. Years ago, I recall telling dh that once my oldest reached the age to have her own family, then I was done. He agreed, so now I'm a little confused. I know that I've always got room in my heart for every child we have or will have. I'm just afraid to go all in and start planning for another, get excited about it and then have something go wrong. With my others I had cerclages put in. It was a long haul, but well worth it. It may be nice to have the children spaced so far apart. With every child we've had, we've grown more tolerant, patient and more relaxed. Like with the first, we bought Dreft, freaked about germs & sterilized EVERYTHING! By the time our last child was born, we were using our regular soaps and didn't give a hoot about germs! LOL And HE has the strongest immune system in the whole family now! hahaha...funny how that works;)
flowermomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 30s