New here!

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here!

Postby kristacat » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi, I just thought I would start here and introduce myself. DH and I are both 31, and we have a 2-year-old daughter who was conceived very easily (first month trying). Now, a year and a half of trying later, we're discovering it's not quite so easy this time around. I met with an RE for the first time yesterday, and I am just feeling really overwhelmed in general.

He's starting me on 5 days of Clomid (with u/s monitoring) my next cycle, with an hCG trigger shot mid-cycle. If that doesn't work, we'll move on to something more aggressive. I just feel so full of questions but have no idea what to ask! I haven't had any bloodwork or anything done, and DH's SA isn't until April 15, so there are just so many unknowns at this point.

Anyone else been there, done that? Or in the same boat as I am right now? I have several friends who have conceived after IF, but they went straight to IVF because of male-factor IF, so their paths are very different from mine...
Mama to Zoey, born in March 2011
Currently TTC #2
kristacat

Re: New here!

Postby MsTTC » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:58 am

Hi kristacat

Well, we are trying to conceive #1 right now.
I had to have one of my tubes removed due to a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in 2010..
Finally gathered the strength and courage to try again..
Been put of my first round of clomid, and being monitored. I think my follies are on the side with no tube.. So dont know how tht is going to work out..
So dont worry, FX for us, and baby dust galore.. I am sure it will work out.
And this is me ON CLOMID and hormonal as hell, and even I sound optimistic :D
me (Ally) 31 in august, quit smoking a year ago, lost 8 kgs,
DH-40, PERFECT
EP 20/08/10- right tube removed
cycle 1 clomid 100 (cd 5-10) April 6th-10th
Hydrotubation- 12/04/13
ER 14/04/13l-right-4 follies 0 egg. Left 1 folly, 1 egg
FET 16/04/12- 1 fertilised embryo (STICK Jellybean, STICK!!!)
Estradiol Valerate, Progesterone (pessaries), dydrogesterone
HCG 5000 shots, 4 between 16/04-02/05
test on 03/05
FX
MsTTC

Return to TTC in our 30s