New to the forum...38 and TTC #1

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New to the forum...38 and TTC #1

Postby TheNewMrsM » Sun May 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Hey y'all! I've been lurking on the board for a few weeks and decided to say hello today. My DH and I were married almost three weeks ago, and due to our ages (I'm 38 and he's 35), we decided to start trying right away (we've been together for 5 years). We "sort of tried" last month, but AF came soon after we were married (yah, honeymoon). I've been tracking my O symptoms, but I wasn't doing the OPK soon enough in my cycle. I have a friend who is pregnant, and on her advise, I started tracking earlier and got the smiley face on Day 9 of my cycle. I totally thought that I was ovulating later in my cycle! Anyway, I had read about SMEP so we did that last weekend. I've been eating pineapple in hopes it will help with implantation. lol!

Last night, I started having breast soreness that has been ongoing all day today and some cramping in my lower abdomen that started a few days ago. I'm also gassy as heck! AF is not due until 5/15 so I'm thinking that I'm 7 or 8 dpo. DH is dying for me to POAS so he has gone to the store to get early response tests...lol. I swear it's too soon, but he's so cute and excited. Thanks for letting me share our story here. This past week has been a long one, and we've got our at-home reception this weekend (we were married in Jamaica last month) so I'm thinking that I'm going to lay off the booze which shouldn't be too hard because I wouldn't want to be all drunk at it anyways! I know that we are just starting on this journey, and I hope that we have the emotional endurance for it. Thanks again for listening!

He just got home with the tests so I'm off to POAS! Wish us luck!
TheNewMrsM
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: New to the forum...38 and TTC #1

Postby TheNewMrsM » Mon May 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Of course it came back as a BFN. I'm trying to be strong and wait until Saturday to POAS again. We've got family coming into town starting tomorrow. I've been feeling a little nauseous today (comes and goes). I don't know if it's a real symptoms since it's so early or if it's all in my head. Only time will tell!!!
TheNewMrsM
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rae17 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:36 am

I hope you get your BFP! Fingers crossed :)
rae17
Friend

Postby TheNewMrsM » Wed May 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Thanks, rae! I'm trying to be patient, but it's so hard! I feel like I haven't really had any symptoms today. I'm a little tired, but it's been a long day at work so I'm not trying to read too much into it! By this time next week, I'll know for sure!
TheNewMrsM
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby moma7seata » Thu May 09, 2013 4:21 am

Good luck MrsM. I'm 38 too and been trying since February, AF due 15th or 16th, fingers crossed we both get BFP's. Good luck :)
Mother of six gorgeous children and author of Broken by Sara Davies Broken - I was just five years old when my father abused me and robbed me of my childhood. This is my true story of how I never gave up on hope and happiness [Kindle Edition]
DD 20
DD 18
DD 16
DD 14
DD 13
DS 11

My angel As Long As I Live You Will Live
As Long As I Live You Will Be Remembered
As Long As I Live You Will Be Loved... Miscarriage 14 Feb 2013
Chemical Pregnancy 16th June 2013 AF was due 13th June

moma7seata
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kylied » Tue May 14, 2013 7:45 pm

:hi: Good luck with your TTC journey. Sending lots of positive vibes your way :)
DS Harrison Lucas Born August 14th 2007 7lb 12oz
DSC_5329web by KmmmD, on Flickr
Angel Babies - October 2005
Feb 2013
Kylied

Postby TheNewMrsM » Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 am

Hey ladies! Today is the my AF due date. Usually, it shows up first thing in the morning, but so far I've got nothing! I'm hoping that it stays that way!!! Thanks for the positive vibes, y'all. I know it would be a miracle to conceive on our first try, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
TheNewMrsM
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 30s