Coming off Cerazette & ttc #1

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Coming off Cerazette & ttc #1

Postby sam32 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:48 am

Hello all, I'm Sam and I'm 32,

As the title says, I have been on the mini pill Cerazette for nearly 2 years. The pill was great as I used to suffer from oral migraines and extremely bad AF's, so the pill stopped all of this as soon as I started them! Heaven! (I had been on the combined pill since I was 18 but these were constantly changed to different brands as they gave me horrible side-effects)

Anyhoo, my other half (he's 34) and I have decided after 11 years of being together, we feel ready to start a family, so I have since stopped the pill on Sunday 2nd June '13.

Since stopping, it has only been 6 days but am having some pulling/pinching sensations down below, as well as headaches, and last night I felt so tired I was in bed by 10pm :O Slept 12 hours nearly! Not like me at all. 8 hours is usually enough but this was like overwhelming exhaustion D: I have also been getting pinching in my BB's and just feel sickly now and again, but never physically.

I am wondering if anyone else has ever come off the pill and had these sort of symptoms as a side effect or if it was pregnancy symptoms? I know it could be either.

Going to see GP on Wednesday 12th June for some advice and tests (yuck hate needles) and ordered some folic acid and multi-vitamins.

Since not having an AF for so long I have no cycle to go by so I not sure when to start from regarding that. Before I was on Cerazette they were awful and every fortnight... not looking forward to them at all so hopefully will conceive sooner rather than later :(
Me(33) OH (36)
TTC #1 since 2nd June 2013
12/11/13 - :bfp: dpo 11 - It's a Girl! :babyg:
Furbaby = Sky 4 yrs 8 months

Jessica, born 13/07/14 @ 8:59pm. Weighing 7lbs.
sam32
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Coming off Cerazette & ttc #1

Postby sam32 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 am

Copied from my blog:

Ok, woke up this morning and did my BBT. Temp was at 36.4c.

I went to the bathroom and decided to coincide this result with an OV test. So, pee'd into cup and let it cool to room temp first.

Meanwhile, I had a sudden urge to be sick and faint and my face just came out in a massive sweat. Went to lie down before I collapsed. After a few minutes, began to feel better. I went to do the OV test, which came up negative. Did a cheapy HPT test. BFN.

No idea what the cause was to make me want to faint and throw up, scared the hell out me! Checking rest of self:

Right BB keeps coming up with bumps and veins are showing. Left BB not so much.

Slight cramps down below still and the feeling like I need to pee again.

Anyone else had a sudden wave of nausea so strong they thought they might faint? That was very scary!

Also currently still have urge to pee, headaches, and now my BB's are beginning to feel sore and achy. Just feel rubbish right now :(

Oh and a weird rash appeared on my arm yesterday and it's itchy and it tingles. :doh:
Me(33) OH (36)

sam32
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby sam32 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:22 am

So been cramping a lot for the last 2 weeks so thought I would POAS.

Dunno if my eyes are deceiving me but there is something of a second line, but it's so faint i gotta squint. I'll do another one tomorrow cos I don't think it's right. Probably just evap line or something.

Anyhoo as for symptoms, needing to pee a lot today. Been to the loo at least 7 times in the past 4 hours. Not normal!
Me(33) OH (36)

sam32
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby sam32 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:44 am

Well deffo an evap line, it's a BFN this morning.

OPK also negative.

BBT = 36.4c
Me(33) OH (36)

sam32
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC in our 30s