8 dpo-30 yrs old ttc 1

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

8 dpo-30 yrs old ttc 1

Postby natarmy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:20 am

Hey! Im looking for any buddies that are inthe same boat as me. Were trying to conceive baby number one and 30 years old. Im currently in the long tww!!!

:)
natarmy
Friend

Re: 8 dpo-30 yrs old ttc 1

Postby apulda » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:08 am

Hi! I am 32 and 5DPO. We are also trying to conceive baby #1. We have been trying for over 3 years. But a couple months ago I had surgery to fix my right tube and to remove stage 3 endometriosis. We are now hopeful that we will have some luck. This month I was on 100mg of clomid and my RE found 1 follicle on the left side 20mm and 1 on the right side that was around 12mm at CD 13. So my hubby and I triggered on CD 14 and hopefully ovulated after that. I felt ovulation pains around 24-30 hours later. I am having my blood drawn this Th (7-8DPO) to see what my progesterone levels are. Crossing our fingers that this is the cycle! I don't feel I have any symptoms yet. But the last and only time I was pregnant (ended in m/c) I didn't have any symptoms until my period didn't come. So who knows. Do you have any symptoms that are driving you crazy?
Me: 32
DH: 40
TTC 3 years and counting with #1
IUI-Failed 2x
HSG 3/11-Waiting to see if it helps
4/26 Positive HPT
5/8 Miscarriage (Chemical)
5/23 Lap Surgery
June-No O
July-2 Follices, trigger shot
apulda
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby natarmy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:30 am

Hey Apulda! Will they be able to tell you if you conceived based on your progesterone levels on Th? I hope the news are positive :) :) :) My boobs seem "heavier" then usual after ovulating, they always hurt but it seems like they actually feel heavy now but other than that nothing really. I will probably test tommorrow, it was hard not to today!
natarmy
Friend

Postby apulda » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:42 am

Hey natarmy. I don't think they will be able to know if I am pregnant, but they will be able to tell if I did 100% ovulated. Anything over a 15 on a medicated cycle means you ovulated. I don't know if higher number give you a better chance that you are pregnant or not. I had heart burn last night and I have a couple spots breaking out on my face, which never happens, but other than feeling a little tired I feel normal.

I know it is hard not to test. I am going to test on Saturday morning before my hubby and I head north to a wedding that we are attending. I don't necesarrily expect it to be positive, but who knows it will be 10DPO. His family are big drinkers and I know that I am going to get asked 100 questions of why I am not drinking. I told him that he should just sit a beer in front of me all night and I will act like I am drinking it. He can just come over and take a swig out of it for me every now and again. I just want to avoid all the questions.

Keep me updated on your symptoms! Stay positive, it's the best thing you can do.
IUI-Failed 2x
4/26 Positive HPT
5/23 Lap Surgery
June-No O
apulda
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby natarmy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:52 pm

@apulda- that is a genius idea! You should totally just do that with the beer! It sucks when we're in the waiting period and can't exactly say why we choose not to drink or do massive amounts of cardio (just in case) etc etc etc.

One more day till they can tell you if you ovulated ;)!!!

My temp went up super high today so i'm hoping that's a good sign, do you temp? But I also had spotting after my hubby and I BD yesterday :( so that could be the witch showing her face early :(
natarmy
Friend

Postby apulda » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:12 am

I don't temp. I am monitored so heavily at the fertility clinic, I just don't see them point. Although maybe I should consider it just to have some peace of mind. But after you have been though over 3 year of all this, sometimes the worry and stress isn't worth it. I find it better to just try not to think about it too much and realize that God has a plan for all of us and he will know when it is the right time.

I wouldn't worry about a little spotting after you BD. That can happen at any time of the month. Don't give up hope, positivity is the key.

I have had some weird food cravings the last couple days. Monday it was Genral Chicken, which I rarely have and yesterday it was chocolate. I have never been a sweets person and not really a chocolate person. But I think these are in my head, it is too early to have food cravings isn't it? Oh well we are always looking for some sign that it could be possible this month.
IUI-Failed 2x
4/26 Positive HPT
5/23 Lap Surgery
June-No O
apulda
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby natarmy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:44 am

Hmm, I would probably suggest not temping at this point, I do feel like it adds some stress. I too have been having cravings for sweets! I don't know if its too early but I hope it means something :)
natarmy
Friend

Postby natarmy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm out for this month, good luck to all you ladies!!!
natarmy
Friend

Postby apulda » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:19 am

Sorry to hear that. I know it sucks, try to stay positive. There is always next month right? Try to keep the faith.

My progesterone ws 31.9. They tell me that is a great number, so now I still have to sit and wait for a few more days to know if we got pregnant or not. I have some cramping this morning, but other than that I don't have any symptoms.
IUI-Failed 2x
4/26 Positive HPT
5/23 Lap Surgery
June-No O
apulda
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby natarmy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:41 am

Hey Apulda! Yeah, there is!

What dpo are you on? cramping could have to do with implantation right? Did you test before traveling? Fingers crossed your BFP shows up soon :)
natarmy
Friend

Postby apulda » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:29 am

I am currently 12DPO. I did take a test on Saturday morning, and it was negative. But it was not an early detection test. I read the instructions after I took it and it said that you should take it no earlier than the day your period is due. We arrived home around 5 pm last night from being gone at the wedding this weekend. I went to Wal-Mart and bought 2 First Response tests. I told myself I am not going to test before tomorrow morning. Usually I have a 28 day cycle, and tomorrow would be day 28. But last month I had a longer cycle of 31 days, so who knows. I had lots of cramping this weekend and some sharp pains that went from one side to the other, they didn't last long though. I am really, really tired which is probably associated with my progesterone levels. I was also really, really emotional this weekend, crying for no reason at all. The one big clue for me that I could really be pregnant it that my bb's don't hurt at all. Usually before AF comes they are really sore about 4-5 days before I start, then the day before I start AF they just completely stop hurting, that is how I usually know I am going to start seeing the red stuff. I will test tomorrow morning and keep you posted. Thanks for FX for me, it helps.
IUI-Failed 2x
4/26 Positive HPT
5/23 Lap Surgery
June-No O
apulda
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby natarmy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:06 am

Hey!!! Did you get your bfp!!!???!
natarmy
Friend

Postby apulda » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 am

Nope, just started AF this morning. I can't believe it, we did everything right this month. I thought for sure it was gonna be it. I tell you what though, the trigger shot sure had me convinced that I was pregnant. I think it intensifies the symptoms. Now I know not to concerned next month. We are considering doing a IUI this month. We are just so tired of the emotional roller coaster. After a while it really, really wears on ya. I am trying so hard to stay positive, but I have to wonder sometimes, is it ever gonna happen and am I ever going to be a mother?
IUI-Failed 2x
4/26 Positive HPT
5/23 Lap Surgery
June-No O
apulda
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby natarmy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:24 pm

You will!! Give it time! I know its so hard though at that time of the month, it definitely crushes you :( but hang in there!!!!
natarmy
Friend

Postby apulda » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks for the support! If you every need anyone, I am here for you too. Yeah it does suck this time of the month. I think I just need a day to get over it and I will move on. I scheduled my next midcycle ultrasound today and they refilled my perscription for clomid. Here we go, another month. Let me know if you need anything. On the plus side, since it is Aug 1, I don't have to think too hard to know what day I am on my cycle, haha.
IUI-Failed 2x
4/26 Positive HPT
5/23 Lap Surgery
June-No O
apulda
BabyDuster