a one day period

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

a one day period

Postby Hottie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi I am concerned that I may be pregnant. I say this because I had a one day period, a few days early. I've been following a calendar called "My days". Over the last few months my period has always started on the day the calendar says. I was suppose to start, per the calendar on this last past Wednesday. However on Sunday, I had light spotting and then bleeding Monday. By Tuesday my period was gone. Normally I bleed for 3 days minimum, mostly 5 days. I just found it really strange. And I am currently having period cramps with no bleeding. Yesterday I had string like brown discharge after not bleeding since monday. I am sure its to early to test, even if I was. Anyone have anything similar and end up pregnant?
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: a one day period

Postby radkitten » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:28 am

If your period is late, it is not too early to test. Test or go to the doctor.
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hottie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:31 am

Well, I wouldn't say my period was late. I had some bleeding that came a lil earlier than expected. It was a one day period. Not spotting. And then it disappeared. My period is usually 3 to 5 days. I'm just wondering if it could of been implant bleeding. So I was curious as to whether or not anyone else had a 'one day period' and ended up pregnant. I've been through numerous months and years of fertility treatments. I just hate running to the doctor for every lil thing. If you know what I mean?!?
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:04 am

i wasn't saying the bleeding. You said above that based on your calendar your period should have started Wednesday, that means your period is late and you should test, even with a fluctuation in days. Mine fluctuates between 3 and 5 days as well, so anywhere from 28 to 32 days, but my RE said I am "late" as of CD 30 as that is my average. Those calendar programs typically average things out for you to guess when your next period should be. If it was supposed to be last Wednesday, and no full on bleeding, so test.

I've been through years and years and years of testing and trying and bullshit too. I would get a HPT, and if neg, wait it out, if POS make an appointment. But thats just me.
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby southernbelle » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:06 pm

radkitten wrote:i wasn't saying the bleeding. You said above that based on your calendar your period should have started Wednesday, that means your period is late and you should test, even with a fluctuation in days. Mine fluctuates between 3 and 5 days as well, so anywhere from 28 to 32 days, but my RE said I am "late" as of CD 30 as that is my average. Those calendar programs typically average things out for you to guess when your next period should be. If it was supposed to be last Wednesday, and no full on bleeding, so test.

I've been through years and years and years of testing and trying and bullshit too. I would get a HPT, and if neg, wait it out, if POS make an appointment. But thats just me.

Agree!! If you still haven't started af definitely poas so that you know either way.
southernbelle

Return to TTC in our 30s