TTC After Mirena Removal

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC After Mirena Removal

Postby Mandydo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:17 pm

I removed my Mirena IUD on 11-13-13 after 3.5 years. I gained about 40 lbs and had terrible back acne. :(
We decided to try for another baby (maybe a girl this time)!
Anyway, I haven't had any bleeding or spotting since removal....weird.
I have had 2 pos OPK's though.....one 11-20-13 and one today 12-2-13. My CM is sticky, stretching about an inch.....so I'm hopeful that it will happen for us soon. I've read of women conceiving within 3 or 4 weeks of removal or much later.....like a year later. I hope it won't take us that long. I've never had trouble TTC in the past.
I'm taking MACA root and Sweet Potato capsules.
Wish me luck!

Feel free to share your stories and tips. :)
Mandydo

Re: TTC After Mirena Removal

Postby bon2h1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Good luck!!!! I took mine out in April and am 6 weeks pregnant now...it took a month for me to get my period...but I have heard people getting pregnant right away as well...probably depends on how long you had it in....good luck and have fun
--<br /><a href="http://bonniewei.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://bonniewei.blogspot.com/</a><br />
bon2h1
Friend

Postby Shawneegirl1980 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:58 am

Hello you guys! I, too, had a Mirena...I had mind removed in October of 2012 mainly because I was told that it could be bad for you. I switched from the Mirena to generic BC pills...so I wasnt trying until around Oct (I got off the pills late Sept). This is my second cycle...I am currently 7 dpo right now...so hopefully this is it for me!!
Shawneegirl1980
Friend

Postby Aunrio » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:23 am

I am bumping this post because it brought me back to this forum and ladies in our 30s have probably had any number of birth control options put into play. I got mirena in 2011 after my son was born. I kept it 3 and 3/4 years. The first cycle after removal was a monster and I was so hormonal I thought I must have been pregnant. It was not abnormally early or late. I knew because I maintained an extremely light period the entire time I was on mirena at a slightly shorter interval(26 days) than premirena/prebaby (34 days). I managed to lose over 50 lbs on mirena. My next cycle was 30 days which was frustrating because my period tracker kept alarming I must be pregnant and my sense of smell was crazy but it was not that cycle. My cycle regulated to 28 days after that and was a little lighter than pre mirena. It took me 5 cycles to get my bfp yesterday and the only thing I did different that last cycle was use an instead soft cup the day before ovulation. Hope my anecdote helps for ladies trying after mirena.
Aunrio
Friend

Return to TTC in our 30s