**2014 TTC in our 30's Roll Call**

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

**2014 TTC in our 30's Roll Call**

Postby maddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Lets get to know each other! Feel free to answer only the questions you want to.

Name/Partner's Name:
Age/Partner's Age:
How long have you been together:
Do you have children, if so how many and ages:
How long have you been TTC:
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues:
What are your TTC plans for 2014: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,)
Anything about yourself you want to share:
maddy

Re: **2014 TTC in our 30's Roll Call**

Postby maddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:12 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Maddy/Sean

Age/Partner's Age: 35/41

How long have you been together: We met almost 12 years ago, january 16th, married 11 years ago. :D

Do you have children, if so how many and ages: We dont have any kids. We raised niece and nephew for 6 years. We have 2 dogs that we love!

How long have you been TTC: 8 years

Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: DH has excellent sperm (thank God) I have PCOS and in september I had a Lap and hysteroscopy surgery to fix blocked tubes, and to unattach my uterus, ovaries and tubes from my bowel. My ovaries were wrapped with scar tissue and fat.I also had a large polyp acting as a natural IUD All of that is now fixed. I have been on metformin for going on 2 months now and hopefully that will reverse my PCOS symptoms and regulate my cycles.

What are your TTC plans for 2014: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Charting, OPKs, monitoring my saliva for ferning, and Metfromin for now. I have had 13 medicated cycles with clomid and femara and I really am not wanting to resort to that anymore. If the metformin doesnt regulate me then i might be back to my Dr to reevaluate that.

Anything about yourself you want to share: I have my good days and bad days emotionally as far as TTC. It can be hard sometimes when I think about not getting my BFP, but I still to this day believe that somehow I will have a family. I dont know when or how, and thats the hardest part. I love helping others through this TTC journey and love sharing the knowledge I have learned over the years! :hb:
maddy

Postby Smiley81 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:49 pm

I'm 32 and had 3 kids very young and decided to have my tubal ligation because when I got pregnant with my third child I just had her brother 7 months before that and we didn't have much money so we made a regrettable decision. My husband was hit by a car while he was riding his motorcycle over the Summer and almost died after the crazy Summer we had we decided we wanted another baby so I had a tubal reversal surgery in Dec.2013 now were ttc and it's actually harder than what I thought I'm new to ttc I've never tried before so I'm trying to learn everything about it I'm afraid I'm already addicted to reading all about it and POAS.. Our kids are 15,11,9 they keep me busy already! But I want to enjoy my pregnancy at my age now and knowing I have money now to provide the baby with what ever he or she wants excites me before I barely could afford diapers ..my children are excited about me trying to have a baby guess I'm just scared it won't happen all you can do is pray about it it's in Gods hands now. I'm enjoying everyone's info though..
Smiley81
Friend

Postby WrenB » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Renee/Paul
Age/Partner's Age: 36/34
How long have you been together: 8years
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: Sean (DS) 4, and Danielle (DD) 1
How long have you been TTC: 2 months
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: I have MYHFR mutation
What are your TTC plans for 2014: OPKs

I have Collagenous collitis and it is causing weightloss. I'm a bit concerne it may impact our fertility. I take baby asperin, 4 mg folic acid, B6, B12, and prenatal for the MTHFR. We had a miscarriage inbetween our two kids named Kayden 11/1/11.
WrenB

Postby MorghanW2 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Name/Partner's Name: LeAnn/Mike

Age/Partner's Age: 31/32

How long have you been together: 16 years (married 9)

Do you have children, if so how many and ages: One son, just turned 1 this month.

How long have you been TTC: One month, but tried for 8 years after an ectopic for DS.

Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: I had my right tube removed after an ectopic in 2005.

What are your TTC plans for 2014: Using OPK since I often ovulate late in my cycle. TTC until July, but since I start residency in July 2015, we have to call it quits for a few years after that.

Anything about yourself you want to share: I'm very good at freaking out about possible ectopic pregnancies when AF is weird. I was 2 months pregnant with the one I had when my tube burst and all hpt were still coming up negative. Other than that, I'm a pretty chill person finishing up my 3rd year of med school.
TTC #2
Me: 31
DH: 32
DS: 1
:angel: 5/2005

Formerly MorghanW

:bfp: 5/28/2014

MorghanW2

Postby Tagra » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 pm

Name/Partner's Name: TA / PA
Age/Partner's Age: 32 / 32
How long have you been together: 11 years
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: None
How long have you been TTC: 4 years
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Unexplained. Had Diagonistic Lap last year, all looks good.
What are your TTC plans for 2014: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) : Natural, Clomid + Supplements, BBT charting, and if needed IUI.
Anything about yourself you want to share: We both are pretty chilled out couple and love travelling and hanging out with frenz!
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
TTC 7 yrs with Unexplained IF
2013 - lap & dye: all ok, DH low acrosome
2014 - First ever Feb BFP, gone @5 weeks, May-Aug IUI 1,2,3 - BFNs
2016 - IVF#1, Transferred 2 perfect 5day blasts, on hcg boosters shots (3, 5000IU) BFP!!!!

My Ovulation Chart
Tagra
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby aimienc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board. My Hubby and I have just started TTC for #2 - this was our first month. I think I'm 10 dpo ... but not sure. AF is scheduled to arrive on Feb 5th. I POAS this and got a BFN - but I think it's still too early. Will try again on Sunday. Hubby and I are both 30.
aimienc
Friend

Postby hunnybeebaby5108 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello, I'm new to the board. *waves*

Name/Partner's Name: Melissa/D

Age/Partner's Age: 33/36

How long have you been together: Friends for 12 years, married for almost 6.

Do you have children, if so how many and ages: We have a son who will be 2 in March.

How long have you been TTC: Got our BFP on our second month of trying with our DS. This will be our first month TTC for our second child. Just waiting for Aunt Flow to go away already!

Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: None that we are aware of. As soon as we started temping and charting we got pregnant last time. Here's hoping we have the same kind of excellent luck this go-round!

What are your TTC plans for 2014: Trying to live a more active lifestyle in general (moving around more at work, wearing Jawbone UP to track sleep and activity during the day, joined the gym, doing yoga), eating healthier, cut out most alcohol, also charting with Fertility Friend, taking BBT each morning. I've been taking pregnancy vitamins since before we got married (Originally trying for healthy nails and hair!), and I have never stopped taking them. If we have trouble tracking ovulation, I plan to use OPK's.

Anything about yourself you want to share: We are very excited to start trying for another child. I cannot wait to get through this menstrual cycle and get on with it! I imagine our little boy playing with a sibling and it makes me so excited and happy!

hunnybeebaby5108
Friend

Postby orangecat » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi there

I am Charity and DH is J. I am 34 and J is 37.
Been together for almost 5 years and married for 3.
TTC since Jan. 2013 (15 cycles and counting!)
Fertility issues: LPD, first SA had a low sperm count but second SA was good, possible weak ovulation
TTC plans for 2014: all and anything but likely not IVF. RE appointment in a week to see what the next steps are. Currently taking TCM and acupuncture 2x/week.
Anything else: I'm ready to get this show on the road and get that BFP before I turn 35 this October!! (original goal was to deliver before 35 but that is not looking likely:)
Last edited by orangecat on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me 37
DH 39
"Unexplained Infertility" diagnosis Feb 2014
IUI- planned for May 2014
Surprise BFP April 18/2014 while waiting for IUI!
Natural miscarriage April 29/2014 - 6 weeks
IUI #1 50mg Clomid and 24 mil sperm July 4/2014= BFN
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Aug= CANCELLED due to cyst and midcycle bleed
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Oct 7/2014= BFN
2015 NOTHING
2016 New RE gives us hope
April 19/16 Ectopic Pregnancy while waiting to begin IUI again
Right tube removed
DH 3% Morphology
ME AMH 4.4PMOL (British scale)
"I may not be there yet. But I am closer than I was yesterday."
orangecat
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Gemini77 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Monica/DH
Age/Partner's Age: 36/38
How long have you been together: 8 years
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: Two boys: DS1 is 5, DS2 is 3
How long have you been TTC:Just started actively- had a few near misses which got us thinking "what if...?", now we want to TTC#3!
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: DH on anti-depressants, can lower sperm count.
What are your TTC plans for 2014: Vitamin/mineral supplements, healthy eating plan and goal.
Anything about yourself you want to share: DH was diagnosed with acute leukemia in 2011, DS2 was just 7 months. What followed was nothing short of hell, and we somehow got through it. He had 2.5 years of treatment, and now we are passed the 6 month waiting period to get all the meds out of his system. Looking forward to making a brand new life for all of us!
Hoping for a little girl...but will take whatever the universe gives us!

Lovely to e-meet you all! :babydustg: :babydustb:
DS1 born 2008
DS2 born 2010
Gemini77
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BookwormMom420 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Becca & Chace S.
Age/Partner's Age:I am 31 & Chace is 34.
How long have you been together: We have been together 4 years (married 1 year) on April 20, 2014.
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: We have one son who just turned 3 years old.
How long have you been TTC: We just decided this week to start trying for a second child.
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 17. I was told I would never have children. I was off birth control & 100% surprised by DS. We were not trying to get pregnant when I did.
What are your TTC plans for 2014: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Our plans for 2014 are to not prevent pregnancy but also not put a ton of pressure on us to get pregnant. We aren't telling any family or friends we are even trying. I plan on starting by ending my birth control & beginning to chart my cycles/fertility. I might do some OPKs but I do not plan on doing any fertility drugs or treatments. If we do not get pregnant within a year or two, we will just be happy with the one we have.
Anything about yourself you want to share: I am worried about to what to expect with trying to conceive after 30s &, for the first time, a planned pregnancy. I'm not sure where to start. Thanks!
BookwormMom420

Postby bethann88 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:43 am

Hi all!

Name/Partner's Name: Beth/just DH here :)
Age/Partner's Age: 33/30
How long have you been together: almost 3 years, married 2
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: nope, none yet
How long have you been TTC: stopped BC in May 2013, really trying since September 2013...
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: No known issues, but I have almost no CM and was recently diagnosed as being seriously anemic, and I am wondering if both of those are playing a part in us not conceiving.
What are your TTC plans for 2014: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) I charted for a few months last year, and in September really thought I was pregnant. AF was a week late but my tests all seemed negative. Anyway, it was really tough when she finally did show. I decided to spend a few months trying to learn to be calm while TTC... all we did was a lot of BD, lol. Now that I've done that about 6 months -- and I think I'm more used to not freaking out when AF shows -- I think I'm going to try a lot starting next cycle: charting, OPKs, more supplements (I was already on pre-natals and B6) and some things to address my lack of CM... probably PreSeed and possibly a supplement targeted at that.
Anything about yourself you want to share: Just glad to have found this place. Glad especially to connect to other women in their 30s who are TTC. :)
Me: Beth Ann, 34/DH: 31
TTC #1 since May 2013

9/2014 - Round 1 IUI (medicated, 50mg Clomid) canceled due to overstimulation of follicles
10/2014 - Round 1 IUI (natural) on 10/10/14, BFN
11/2014 - Round 2 IUI, BFN
12/2014 - Round 3 IUI, BFN
1/2015 - IVF canceled due to nurse improperly filing with insurance :(
2/2015 - IVF round 1! Egg retrieval 2/27/15, 3 day transfer 3/2/15
3/10/15 - faint BFP 8dp3dt
3/13/15 - Beta confirmed BFP!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4796af
bethann88
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nshoyt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:28 am

Name/Partner's Name: Natalie/Brandon
Age/Partner's Age: 37/35 (I know, I robbed the cradle :)
How long have you been together: together 12 yrs married 10
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: we have 1 little girl. Age 6
How long have you been TTC: only 1 cycle so far. Got pregnant first time but miscarried between 4-5 weeks. Chemical Pregnancy I guess
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: I don't think so. But I'm nervous about my age!
What are your TTC plans for 2014: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Will NOT do any fertility. going to trust that it will all work out
Anything about yourself you want to share: My husband and I thought we were done....1 and done! But then we reevaluated our lives and home and realized we wanted our daughter to have a brother or sister. Its been 6 years and I can't believe we are going at it again! Excited and nervous! Oh, and after that chemical pregnancy that I had I REFUSE to take another pregnancy test until a week after missed period. That was a total let down and I don't want to go through that again! Anyone else ever deal with that nonsense?
nshoyt

Postby Mother After 35 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi All!

Two weeks till my BC implant comes out and then hubby and I will be TTC #1! Exciting times! Looking forward to sharing the journey =]

Age/Partner's Age: 35/32
How long have you been together: 5yrs
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: None, trying for #1
How long have you been TTC: just about to start
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: time will tell
What are your TTC plans for 2014: nothing special first off, just seeing how things go
Anything about yourself you want to share: Busy teacher (is there any other kind?!) hoping to become a mum real soon
Visit http://youplusmefamily.blogspot.com.au/ to read the blog I have started about the journey to becoming a mother after age 35 - I'd love to hear from others about their experiences!

I'm also on twitter @motherafter35
Mother After 35
Friend

Postby Kaycei » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:51 pm

My name is Kim and I’m 37. I’m married and my husband is 40. We have 3 kids; 13, 11 and 19 months. I’ve never had problems getting pregnant in the past, but last December I miscarried our 4th child at 9 weeks. It was very sad and we wanted to try again immediately. We’ve been trying since the loss in December, but nothing yet. I’m hoping this month!
I used OPK in Jan and this month. In Jan the tests only showed a line for 24 hours and that was it. Apparently I didn’t ovulate??? We were BDing, but af showed up in early Feb. So, I decided to try Vitex this time and, maybe it’s just a coincidence, but the OPK detected the LH surge for 72 hours, with it peaking (darkest) on the 16th of this month. So, I’m hoping I ovulated this time!
Me: 37 Kim
DH: 40
DD: 13
DS: 11
DD: 19 months
Kaycei
Friend

Next

Return to TTC in our 30s