Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Study about improving egg quality

Postby maddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Heres a study about omega 3's improving egg quality:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22978268
maddy

Re: Study about improving egg quality

Postby Happyfroggy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Wow that's fascinating... I am now looking at my bag of almonds in horror. I eat them almost everyday and they are very high in omega 6 :(

:omg:
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:03 am

Switch to walnuts! They are high in omega 3's! I also starting looking at foods I eat very regularly and did a huge over haul recently!
maddy

Postby maddy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:52 pm

I am not a huge fan of fish, but they are really high in omega 3's. I have been trying to eat more of it.
maddy

Postby Happyfroggy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Is there a way to open that study? I only seem to be able to see the abstract.

I'm just really curious how they measured the diets. As I'm wondering if the high levels of omega 6's were from animal sources or from plants sources (like almonds). As I know diets high in animal products tend to be less fertile (the recent nurses study confirmed that finding also).

As I've started eating walnuts but I want to know if I can "safely" eat my giant bag of almonds I'm now afraid of hahaha.

Oh and maddy you can get omega 3 fish pills if you don't like fish. :D
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Ok when you click on the link, on the top right hand coner of the page you will see a link that says "Aging Cell". If you click on it it takes you to another page. In the middle you will see tabs for abstract, article, references, supporting info, and cited by.

If you click on the article tab you will get a HUGE LONG article about it! Happy reading lol!

Oh and the fish oil. Ugh. Issues. I am allergic ti shellfish. Well for some reason every brand of fish oil has sent me into an allergic reaction. Even salmon oil.And I can eat salmon! Apparently it can happen to some people who have shellfish allergies. So I choke down sardines (they have the lowest mercury content). It sucks, but geesh I gotta get some omega 3's! I have added flax seed because they are supposed to have omega 3's also.
maddy

Return to TTC in our 30s