anyone ttc #1?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

anyone ttc #1?

Postby dreamingofsylvan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 pm

Hello, I'm new here. I'm going to be 32 in April and husband is 47. We tried 5 months ago and so far no luck. We've been patient but this cycle I broke down and cried. I'm 10 dpo today but know I'm out as I feel AF coming any moment now.
dreamingofsylvan

Re: anyone ttc #1?

Postby KAX » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi dreamingofsylvan
ME TOO!! I know exactly how you feel and have definitely had my fair share of melt downs. I keep trying to keep cool about it but it's challenging and I think my husband thinks I'm completely nuts. I feel like we put off TTC for the right time and now it feels like a struggle (although it hasn't been so long). My husband and I are 33 - this is our 4th month and I also feel AF on her way too… It's so refreshing to know someone else feels the same way.
Me: 33 (Kelly)
DH: 33
Furry DS: Roger 4 (dog); Furry DS: Max 9 (cat)

TTC#1 (Cycle 4)
KAX

Postby Clucky2014 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi! I'm in the same boat too. I'm 31 and Dh is 30. This is our 3rd cycle trying properly, 5th overall and I had a breakdown last cycle. Thot I was preg for sure so when AF came it really hit me hard. Think I'm out this cycle as I'm not even sure I ovulated. Currently on cd 20 of a 32 day cycle. Opks said I ovulated day 17 but temps didn't spike. Also no pms symptoms which I normally have by now. Dh also thinks I'm nuts!
Clucky2014

Postby KAX » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:59 am

C-Lucky: I feel like I am over analyzing every symptom I have - is that cramping implantation cramping or "gas pains".

I've heard the temps can be highly inaccurate. So if the OPKS says you ovulated you probably did - that would make you 3 DPO potentially. So you are (in my books) officially in the TWW. I'm anywhere between 8-15 DPO. I haven't used the OPKS yet but if this month isn't our month I am going to use them next month.

I think the best news is that we aren't nuts! We are totally the same. I spent 10 min crying in the bathroom at work last time AF came to visit. Felt so pathetic then but I feel better now knowing we are in the same boat.

TTC#1 (Cycle 4)
KAX

Postby Clucky2014 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:36 pm

Kax I know exactly what you mean. Is that bak pain or did I just not sleep right? Is that nausea or did I just eat too much at lunch? Drives me mad! I'm trying hard not to over analyze this month but because things have felt a bit diff this month that's making me stress.

I had a big temp spike today and FF has calc my o as cd 15 even tho between then and today I've had temps below cover line? So either it's semi right as my darkest opk was cd 16 or it's wrong and I o'd yesterday!!

Certainly not pathetic, I know exactly how you feel. You are responsible and wait for the right time not knowing it'd be this hard. But crossing my fingers for you that AF stays away!!!
Clucky2014

Postby KAX » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:48 am

Clucky -> That's awesome! I hope this is the month for you guys!

I'm also 'trying' not to over analyze this month too - it's been tough. The worst was last month AF was 5 days late! (how rude!!) Every little detail I over analyzed thinking - I must be preggers.

AF due any time the next three days…hoping she isn't late again but now I'm expecting it.

Thanks for your support. Fingers crossed for you too!

TTC#1 (Cycle 4)
KAX

Postby Clucky2014 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Oh kax 5 days late. How rude indeed! I would have gotten my hopes up too. AF is just cruel when you're trying. I don't remember being this all over the place when I wasn't trying! Or maybe I just didn't noticed it :(

If we don't get preg this month we are going to get Dh tested. It's an easy test and at least we can rule out half of us. I mean assuming that he's ok.

Thanks for the support too. It's nice talking about it to someone who undertands.
Clucky2014

Postby Tagra » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:23 am

Hello Ladies,

Me.....since 4 yrs! In same boat except that I have been there for a long time :( Anyhow I'm just praying this is our month. Around 10-11dpo today but cudn't resist the urge to test after high temp today. Wishful thinking of ours...alas! Makes us too do all crazy things in world of symptom spotting...grrr. Like u all I'm driving myself nuts with every little twinge or cramp and just w.a.i.t.i.n.g!! Hope we all get thta bfp this month...fx n babydust!! :praying: :praying:
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
TTC 7 yrs with Unexplained IF
2013 - lap & dye: all ok, DH low acrosome
2014 - First ever Feb BFP, gone @5 weeks, May-Aug IUI 1,2,3 - BFNs
2016 - IVF#1, Transferred 2 perfect 5day blasts, on hcg boosters shots (3, 5000IU) BFP!!!!

My Ovulation Chart
Tagra
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby KAX » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:54 am

Hi Tagra -> welcome to the group.
4 years!!! That sounds like torture I am definitely hoping for a BFP for you this month. The urge to test is sooooo strong. Sorry about your BFN today. AND the early tests are cruel saying they can detect a pregnancy 5 days before your missed AF! I kept testing early on my prior cycles and being disappointed. This time I am holding out until Sunday at least (AF due…).

I found countdowntopregnancy yesterday and find their when to test calculator is so helpful. Esp the breakdown for each brand of test.

Clucky - I definitely think I wasn't noticing symptoms before we started trying. Now everything is a potential early preg symptom.

What are you ladies doing during the TWW with drinks and diet?

Fingers crossed for everyone---hoping for some BFP news from both of you!!

TTC#1 (Cycle 4)
KAX

Postby Tagra » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:30 am

Thank you KAX :) Yup u bet....so dfficult at times that I just feel broke...but can't too much except keep trying. But I really pray that this would be my time to blessed so lets us see. Planning to test on Sunday :)
I'm crossin my fingers for all of us....may HE listen and bless! :praying:
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
2016 - IVF#1, Transferred 2 perfect 5day blasts, on hcg boosters shots (3, 5000IU) BFP!!!!

My Ovulation Chart
Tagra
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Clucky2014 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Welcome tagra! 4 years, oh darl I really hope it's your turn this month too. Crossing fingers and toes for you!!!

I hope you don't minds me asking but do you have any known fertility issues or are you planning on doing any tests?

The first few months of trying I was really good, no alcohol and no deli meats etc but now in just beig normal. I don't smoke or drink coffee and I eat what I normally eat. I don't go out for big nights out anymore but if it's a special occasion I'll have a glass of wine. I find it stresses me out less if I don't place too many restrictions in myself. I'm sure stress is worse than having a glass of wine. I've also read that if you are preg the baby doesn't absorb from what you eat in the first 2 weeks.

I'm not testing this month until the 20th of feb. when im at least 2 days late. Well so I say now!
Clucky2014

Postby Tagra » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:39 pm

U r so right clucky about restrictions n stress! Wish if everyone understands this including my dh :doh: and i got a temp drop today so feeling out n heartbroken :cry:
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35

My Ovulation Chart
Tagra
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Tagra » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:03 am

And no clucky i dont mind u asking at all..we both have gone thru all test. Even diagonistic lap just to find all normal. So now we are trying another doc before moving on to iui or ivf.
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35

My Ovulation Chart
Tagra
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Clucky2014 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:05 am

Sending hugs your way tagra. I do know that feeling of deflation. Life can be so unfair! . Knowing how long you've been going through this makes me feel like shouldn't complain at all. And not having any answers too. Have you tried acupuncture or naturopath? Not sure if they work but I've heard girls talking about it on other forums.

I'm currently in elevit and just started Dh on zinc supplements . I really hope it helps.
Clucky2014

Postby KAX » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:34 am

Tagra - that isn't fair. All that trying no BFP and no explanation why? I would scream with frustration if I were you. I know plenty of women who did the IVF, IUI route and even a mini-IVF (smaller dose of hormones) too with success. I know it sounds cheesy and may be annoying but I truly believe in fate and when it's your time it will happen. And you will be a better stronger woman for all of this. Hoping this month is your time!!!

Since we've been trying, I've cut back on the drinking and changed some dietary stuff. We eat A LOT of fish and I have changed what fish I eat significantly too. Last night I had a "mocktail" instead. Which was delicious and satisfying. Coffee is too important to make the cut.

OH one more thought for you Tagra - My sister believes in Feng Shui - especially in the bedroom. She swears that's how one of her girlfriend's finally got pregnant after 3 years. They made a lot of changes in the bedroom - something about mirrors being moved and removing stuff from under the bed (not cleaning under the bed). She said it changes the energy in the room. I haven't done it myself but just another thought.

Fingers crossed - I'm testing tomorrow...

TTC#1 (Cycle 4)
KAX

Next

Return to TTC in our 30s