trying for number 4,infertility problems

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

trying for number 4,infertility problems

Postby mommyof3@30 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm trying for number 4. And I never thought I would hear the word infertility. I'm so disappointed. The doctor thinks I'm not ovulating. I got all my hormones tested and he said it looks good. But I start spotting after sex 3 or 4 days before I get my period. I think my progesterone is low. I started taking vitamin b6. I'm so lost. I can't get in to the obgyn for 4 months. I was going to try progesterone cream on my own. I just ordered ovulation tests. When I got pregnant before it just happened over night. So this is so strange to me. Any advice. Anyone had this happen after successful pregnancys???
mommyof3@30
Friend

Re: trying for number 4,infertility problems

Postby ekkotack » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:18 am

are you temping? That has worked great for me. Why does doctor think you're not ovulating?
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mommyof3@30 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:59 am

No I am not tempting, I tried this month for the first time OPK's and I get ovulation pain so I am pretty sure I ovulated prior to using OPK's. I started using OPK"s on day cd9 and they worked perfectly. I O'd on day 13 big positive on the OPK with O pain and day 14 the OPK was negative . My cycle has seemed to shorten since I have gotten older. So its only 26 days now. But I had no spotting last month after we BD so good sign.
I started taking b6 with my prenatal 3 months ago and I have been doing acunputure for the last 4 months once or twice a month before I O. I was sick this cycle with a sinus infection so I was on antibiotics during the time I O'd I stopped taking my prenatal and my other vitamins while I took antibiotics just to hard on my stomach. Today I am 7 DPO and my boobs are sore, I have a had the weirdest dreams the last 2 nights, I have a bit of cramping today, my lower pelivs area is making some strange noise like girggling, the last 2 days I felt nauses when I opened a bag of cheese and last night I couldnt swallow the last of my dinner. I have heartburn the last 3 days which I never get. Leg cramps. So the only thing that I notice that is different this month is the strange noise in my pelvis area and the heartburn. Well see Im scared to take a test out of the disappointment of a BFN again.
So the reason my doctor thinks Im not ovulating is because I havent gotten pregnant, so really he has no really evidence. He tested my hormones and said normal and sent me to the OBGYN which I cant see for 4 months. So for now we just BD pretty much everyday or every second day.
mommyof3@30
Friend

Postby milesmama » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:06 am

You are not alone!!! I easily became pregnant with my first 3 and even my 4, 5, 6, 7, 8... I however haven't been able to carry any of my babies number 4-8 past 11 weeks. I had beautifully healthy pregnancies, c sections and healthy children until the trouble started Feb 2013. We lost #4 missed miscarriage at 11w2d. Since then another 4 all before 6wks. My obgyn, has me on baby aspirin 81mg daily and progesterone pills after I see anything that looks like a positive. I recommend temping. It gives you a perfectly clear picture of when you ovulated, if you ovulated. I too take b6 but recommend you take it with b12 also, they need each other. ;-) I feel your frustration and know the questions you have. Makes no sense how or why our bodies just change. The opks and temping help me feel like I am doing something to help things along. I too get o pains but found they happen at random days both before and after o. I hope and pray you get you #4 blessing, saying prayer for me too!! Best of luck!! Blessings and baby dust!
Me-31
DH-34 (high school sweethearts, married since 2002)
DD-10
DS-7
DS-4
Missed miscarriage 11w2d February 28, 2013 and 8 early (before 6 weeks) miscarriages since.
TTC#4 since December 2012. Diagnosed with unexplained secondary infertility in Oct 2014.

My Ovulation Chart

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean on not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
milesmama
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC in our 30s