New Here =)

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New Here =)

Postby Lichte1010 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:25 am

Hello!

I am 36. New to the boards. Glad I finally found a place for support b/c some other boards are really judgmental and immature. I could use a few friends to chat with about what we are all going through right now!

We have been married since last year - so we are still newlyweds. He's 35, nearly 36 himself. He has a child from his first marriage.

Other than that...we live a pretty quiet, normal life. We like to travel, of course spend time with his son, go to movies, cook new foods or cook together and enjoy our dog. We are going on two trips this year - one to Cali and the other for our 1 year anniversary - just not sure where.

I look forward to meeting other TTC'ers!
Lichte1010

Re: New Here =)

Postby ekkotack » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:40 am

Hi! I wish this board was more active, but the people that are here are SUPER nice! Have you guys been TTC for very long?
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carebear725 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:16 am

Just came over to the 30s board. Wish it was more active!
Me and DH- 30
DD- 19 months
TTC #2---BFP 1/26/15
Carebear725
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby pumpkinseed » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Welcome! I'm 36 myself TTC #1. On our fifth month of trying…

Crossing fingers for you (and me!)
Me: 37 / DH: 43 / G-free / Autoimmune thyroid disease (nature-throid)
Lovenox, metanx, baby aspirin, prometrium, vitamin d3, prenatal, progesterone
MMC: 01-14-15
CP: 4-12-15
MMC: 7-13-15 (d&c, heartbeat was seen but gone at 8 weeks, 2 days)
TTC ON HOLD WHILE I AWAIT RESULTS, HOPING FOR RAINBOW BABY
pumpkinseed
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nymeria » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:20 am

Hey you. So far I posted mostly on the General TTC board as there wasn't so much action over here. But it owuld be lovely to change that. I am 30, nearly 31 and DH is 37. We are married for 3 years now. EVERYONE constantly asks us when we will finally have a child. We are trying for #1 for 4 months now, using OPKs since two months. Where in your cycle are you all at?
I am on CD 15 today, just got a positive OPK. Hope this will be our lucky cycle.
You know what I would be very interested in? Where are you at in your careers? Do you plan to stay at home for a while once you have a baby?
TTC #1
Me (30) DH (37)
Married since August 2011
diagnosed with hypothyroidism in February 2014
First BFP ever November 14th, 2014
nymeria
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MammaBear » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:00 am

Nymeria, I am on CD 28 of my cycle - I am on month 5 of TTC#2. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is our month. I am an Administrative Manager. My husband is in law enforcement, makes very good money, I do pretty well myself, but we live in an area where it wasn't a possibility for me to stay home (soooo expensive). I just want to throw it out there that the transition to motherhood, and then working motherhood was very intense. I literally have no idea what day/month/year it is, my days are jam packed at work, and then I get home and cram baby time in, and then to bed. And repeat. It is very very worthwhile, but, being 36 now, I had no idea of what was to come. I really didn't understand being a mom was a 24/7/365 job, and so now I have 2 full time jobs :) However, being in my 30's, I felt I had more experience under by belt in life, and had an established career, which meant I had a little bit more leeway when my son joined us. Anyone else?
MammaBear

Postby nymeria » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:16 am

Mammabear, thanks for the insight. fx that this is your month! How did it go with your first baby? Did you conceive right away? Thank you for sharing your experience. This helps me so much to cherish the time right now when it's just the two of us. There are a lot of children in my family and the DH's circle of friends so I somehow know that a baby is not only rainbows and lullabys, but still right now I cannot really think further than being pregnannt. Or maybe even giving birth and having a baby. It is not really clear to me what it will mean to have this child, care for it and worry about it for the next 20 years or so. Looks like a good sign that you are TTC #2, so everything seems to be worth it :)
TTC #1
Me (30) DH (37)
Married since August 2011
diagnosed with hypothyroidism in February 2014
First BFP ever November 14th, 2014
nymeria
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 30s