Just started and already frustrated

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Just started and already frustrated

Postby Mintastic » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Hello all. New here. On month 2 of TTC #1. I am turning 34 this year.
I was on nuvaring for years and I guess my cycle hasn't regulated yet because I am four days "late" but BFN. I know in my heart I am not pregnant and it is just a long/irregular cycle but I still can't stop taking tests. I am going batty and it is so early in the process.

I just wish AF would come already so my next cycle will start and I can try again next month!
Mintastic

Re: Just started and already frustrated

Postby ekkotack » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:51 am

Hi and welcome to crazy! there are so many of us on here dealing with the same thing. Are you monitoring your cycles with temping or OPKs? It can be comforting to have confirmation that you're ovulating. Good luck to you!!
Me: Ekko, newly 35 and AMA on the front of my chart :(
DH: Jamie, 33
Mommy to Ellis Mae, born 10/26/12

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

BFP 8/22/14 grow baby, grow! !
ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mintastic » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:52 am

Thanks. I was just doing charting and checking cm/cervical position. I thought I identified when I ovulated but that was a while ago so now I am not sure.
Will probably start using OPKs as soon as next cycle finally freaking starts! Do folks recommend any particular brand?
Mintastic

Postby ekkotack » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:26 am

I don't have any recommendations because I can never get the dang things to work right (and I ovulate every month) Hopefully some of the other ladies can weigh in on this.

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mintastic » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:51 am

Thanks - and good news! I am pretty sure AF is starting - have cramping and a spot. Never thought I would actually be happy for AF to come while TTC. Cycle was 34 days which isn't even bad I was just stressing over nothing I guess.
Mintastic

Postby ekkotack » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:01 am

sometimes it is nice just to see AF and then know you're ready for a new month of TTC! Good luck to you!!

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mags1016 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:19 am

I'm in the same boat Mintastic. First, I'm trying to figure out how this here site works! Second, since I am just off the pill at 32 y/o, I have no idea how my body normally feels etc. during a cycle. I feel like I just feel sort of off all of the time, and every little thing makes me wonder what it is going on in there.

Good luck to you!
mags1016

Postby Mintastic » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:15 am

Good luck to you too mags! I am over on the boards at Baby and Bump also as they seem to be more active than this site. Lots of helpful advice on there including a thread for tracking symptoms of coming off BC.
Right now I am on day 7 of AF. They were long when I was a teenager so it doesn't surprise me much that they are returning to being long. Just annoying.

I did buy an ovulation kit (OPK). It was expensive but I hope it will help me figure out if/when I O this month.

Are you charting, temping, using OPKs or anything Mags?
Mintastic

Postby kitsapgirl » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:44 pm

You can get opk tests online that are super cheap. I find that they work very well and don't break the bank.
Me- 32
DH-31
2 wonderful fur babies!
TTC since June 3, 2013
Currently undergoing fertility testing- DH extremely low motility, me- possibly blocked left tube (but RE is more concerned about motility right now)

Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttc-journey-1370235600z27z1z0z1z4z5z0z5-7-1-0.png[/img][/url]
kitsapgirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mintastic » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Thanks kits. My fear is I see other women going nuts trying to interpret those kind (is this line dark enough? Is it a positive?). I like the idea of ones that clearly say yes/no. I have 2mos worth right now but can't really justify buying the third month if I still need them then so will likely switch to cheapies at that point.
Mintastic

Postby kitsapgirl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:35 am

I have definitely heard some problems with them, but have never experienced them myself. I tend to get nothing for a day or two when I start testing, then a faint line the day before the positive, then the day of the positive it's pretty dark, then the next day it is lighter again. I don't test twice per day like some do either. Good luck!
Me- 32
DH-31
2 wonderful fur babies!
TTC since June 3, 2013
Currently undergoing fertility testing- DH extremely low motility, me- possibly blocked left tube (but RE is more concerned about motility right now)

Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttc-journey-1370235600z27z1z0z1z4z5z0z5-7-1-0.png[/img][/url]
kitsapgirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby isis0228 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:04 am

Hi all Im in the same boat Minastic. Im 31, finace 36, and we are trying for baby #1. Just got off BF after being on it for over 10 years, in Nov. had regular cycles till Feb, then nothing in March/April. Went to OB and they put me on provera to induce my period, got it in May, on my own in June and had a weird cycle this month( i think it was i got bfn 3x) but will take what i can get, now im using opk buts still having a hard time figure out what day i really O'ed on. Might have to spend the money on digital because i think my body is still trying to figure itself out.
its a...BOY!!!Due Oct 30th! :)

isis0228
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby OCD2ww » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:50 am

Min,

Saw your post title, and I could totally relate. Then I read your post, and I do the same thing with pregnancy tests. I'm about to take my first pregnancy test for the month, and I'm trying to take it before I get my period because I feel like if I get my period and I haven't tested that I'll feel like it's because I didn't test that I got my period (totally unreasonable, right?!) I have about 6 pregnancy tests in my house, and I just bought another 3 pack tonight. At least I can anticipate my crazy!

Anyway, I just wanted to respond and tell you to hang in there. My best advice as a fellow TTCer is to let yourself off the hook. If taking a pregnancy test more than you need to makes you feel better, then do it! I've been giving myself rewards for every day that I wait, but sooner than later my reward will be TAKING THE TEST ALREADY!!

- Joann
Me: 32 years old DH: 37 years old
DS: Born Feb. 6, 2012
TTC #2: No BC since March 2013, seriously trying since April 2014.
I have PCOS. I'm taking Metformin 1000g/day & Clomid 100g/day (on CD 1-5)
Cycles: 28-29 days
OCD2ww
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ekkotack » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:38 am

that is awesome that you have been giving yourself rewards for not taking tests!!!! It's so nice to have a place for us to all share our crazy together

*Angel babies*
Oct 2013 d&c
April 2014 d&c

ekkotack
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 30s