Anyone have failed ivf, then conceive naturally?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone have failed ivf, then conceive naturally?

Postby Hottie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi. Anyone have a failed ivf cycle (chemical pregnancy) then conceive naturally? Really hoping to hear some success stories. Thanks!
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Anyone have failed ivf, then conceive naturally?

Postby soskinny » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:46 am

I have to reply to this. My Besty friend has been with her husband 19years, ttc for 11 with no luck. She was diagnosed arthritis in hips and pcos. During this time she tried ovulation meds, diets, ivf but no luck. Last year they gave up.

Fast forward a year... She joined a Zumba exercise class, lost 3 stone, got regular periods back and is now 7 weeks pg naturally with her husband. She suprised me with her news over a coffee : ). It can and does happen.. She is 38 yrs old and her husband is 41
soskinny
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Hottie » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi so skinny! I think I remember you from another thread on two week wait. I haven't been on here in so long. Thanks for responding. I'm just looking for some positive vibes(success stories). Thanks for being so kind to respond. I bet your friend Betsy had the shock of her life. It's so hard when ivf fails. Especially when you don't have the money to keep trying it. I've been trying for a baby since I was 27 years old and I'm 38 now. Ivf gave me my first BFP but it sadly ended up being a chemical pregnancy. I wish I had more money or at least 'time on my side' so that I could save for another round. It feels good to hear stories like this because it gives me hope. I hope you have had more luck than me in this ttc journey.
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby soskinny » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:45 am

Actually for myself, no luck. Ttc 12 years and just tested positive on a home menopause kit. Never a good sign. I think sometimes there are miracles and sometimes just poor luck. Like you I still hope it can happen and after my friends news I can't help but feel a little more positive. Are you using opk's? And temping?
soskinny
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Hottie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:35 am

Ah geez. That's heart wrenching. No never a good sign if you testing positive for menopause hormones. I didn't even know they make those.

The month after ivf... I used opks. But honestly, I think I'm done altogether making any sort of effort at all. I think I'm gonna just have sex when I feel like it. If I happen to have fertile CM and I feel like the mood strikes me... I may jump his bones. But, I think it's time I give the idea of being a Mom a rest. I'm gonna keep praying for a miracle though.

My sister n law did 10 iui. Her and my brother been together since they were 15. She's 34 now. She is having a complete surprise baby at the end of the month. She is one of those good luck folks. I got shitty luck lol.
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 30s