Newbie, TTC #1 Since 11/2014

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Newbie, TTC #1 Since 11/2014

Postby handyannie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm finally happy I found a community that seems normal and willing to listen/give advice. I just deleted my Bump membership. They are legit crazy over there. Anyways, I'm Ann. Total newbie to this site - but been checking out all the newbie links. Been with my DH for a little over 2 years (10 years total if you count dating). We've been TTC our #1 since 11/20/2014 - yes, I actually remember the exact date.

Currently, I'm on CD27. AF should be making her ugly red appearance any day now. Too many PMS symptoms and 2 BFN's made me realize I'm out this cycle (3rd one).

Excited to get to know all of you while we navigate this wonderful and often times maddening journey of TTC :)
Me: 30
DH: 30
TTC #1 since 11/2014
Fur Baby: Duff (yellow lab)
handyannie
Friend

Re: Newbie, TTC #1 Since 11/2014

Postby PhDer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:02 am

Hey Ann

I am also a newbie to this site. I am on CD21 but I usually have longer cycles >30 days so hoping that I might be able to test in 7 to 10 days. My cycle is quite irregular so if I get BFN next weekend I will leave it a few days and try again (assuming AF doesn't arrive). I just turned 31 last month and this is our first month TTC although DH is getting a bit overwhelmed with all the constant baby talk so I have come here to discuss the nitty gritty stuff. It's all a bit new to me all the terms but I am slowly getting to grips with it. I think I probably need to learn more about my cycles before having a decent chance of conceiving.

I also get horrible period pains( bed ridden sometimes) and my gyno has raised the possibility of endo but it has not been confirmed so I have that at the back of my mind

Best of luck for next cycle. I am not optimistic as I haven't really had any symptoms only back pain (which I get anyway from cycling/muscular) and heartburn which I have had before. I plan to use OPK next cycle as it is too late to start them this cycle

Lise
Me: 31 ( normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility, 3% morphology)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015 (on break since Sept 2015)
BFP 11th April 2015 @10DPO/ cycle #3 (SMEP); M/C @7w3d. Angel Baby was due Christmas Eve 2015
BFP # 2 3rd July 2015 @10DPO; Betas: 145 @13DPO... 412@16dpo; MMC- 13w1d
BFP # 3 23rd March 2016 (3rd wedding anniversary): NTNP. Beta's at 10dpo (estimate) 13; 16DPO- 394 (doubling time 29 hours)
Cycle 29-33 days. LP: 10 days
Supplements: Vitex, B6, Vit D, Prenatal Multi-Vit (Me), Menevit (DH)

PhDer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NewStory » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:54 am

Hi Ann, Hi Lise,

I'm a newbie too :-)

Did AF appear Ann?

Lise I think we're about in the same boat with >30 cycles but I am CD18 today, however DH is out at sea so am thinking we might have missed our chance this cycle. I've never used OPK before and think that might be the way to go with him away so much of the time. We are both exhausted from trying to time the BD lol! So he won't even keep his eyes open for me to talk about babies ha!

Lise have you had blood work or an USS to look at the AF pain? If you are concerned about it you could request your gyno to at least get you a USS to check it out?

Best of luck ladies.

Laurel
Me: 32 DH:34

Married 4 years,
TTC#1 since Jan 2015

Taking:
Prenatals + omegas, RRLT

Healthy eating & juicing daily.

Diagnosed stage 2 endometriosis Dec 2016, tubes, uterus etc clear!

My Ovulation Chart
NewStory
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby PhDer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Hey Laurel

No I have not had any blood work. I originally saw a gyno because we wanted to go for the mirena but I could not have it installed because of my cervix being so tight (sorry if TMI). She said this was because I had not had babies. I was offered to go in to hospital under general to have the mirena installed but I decided that for me this was too extreme for BC and decided if I wanted hormonal BC again I would go back to the mini pill (I can't take the combined w/estrogen in it due to severe vomiting reactions). She also said the only definitive way to diagnose endo was through laproscopy? I have been in tears about it this month because I feel like I don't want to waste my time TTC if I can't conceive. I am going to ring and make an appointment with her again to talk about my concerns and see if she can investigate the endo.

The only other thing I can think of is that my exercise is causing long cycles. I (less so now because I have tried to cut down) am a long distance cyclist and cycle between 100-150 on an average week. I read somewhere that long distance cardio can cause long cycles somehow (delaying ovulation?) or even anovulatory cycles. I have so many questions for my gyno

Today I have more cramps and am getting very grumpy. Took two ibuprofen and paracetamol as i have a brunch to go to. Feels like I am getting my period but it's waaaay to early. Think it's all bad PMS though. Some days I feel really confident that we BD around the peak fertility time so we have a good shot and some days I think it's all just stress and PMS and I'm just being silly

Best of luck to you too Laurel. Hope you find some time also to enjoy DH being home. (excuse the pun) but seems like you are in a similar 'boat' to me, same age and same aged DH and recently TTC.

I am planning to test next weekend if no AF but due to the irregular cycles this might be too early so if it is BFN I am planning testing wb 17th

Nice to hear from you Laurel

:)
Married 23/03/2013
BFP 11th April 2015 @10DPO/ cycle #3 (SMEP); M/C @7w3d. Angel Baby was due Christmas Eve 2015
BFP # 3 23rd March 2016 (3rd wedding anniversary): NTNP. Beta's at 10dpo (estimate) 13; 16DPO- 394 (doubling time 29 hours)

PhDer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PhDer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Hey Laurel

No I have not had any blood work. I originally saw a gyno because we wanted to go for the mirena but I could not have it installed because of my cervix being so tight (sorry if TMI). She said this was because I had not had babies. I was offered to go in to hospital under general to have the mirena installed but I decided that for me this was too extreme for BC and decided if I wanted hormonal BC again I would go back to the mini pill (I can't take the combined w/estrogen in it due to severe vomiting reactions). She also said the only definitive way to diagnose endo was through laproscopy? I have been in tears about it this month because I feel like I don't want to waste my time TTC if I can't conceive. I am going to ring and make an appointment with her again to talk about my concerns and see if she can investigate the endo.

The only other thing I can think of is that my exercise is causing long cycles. I (less so now because I have tried to cut down) am a long distance cyclist and cycle between 100-150 on an average week. I read somewhere that long distance cardio can cause long cycles somehow (delaying ovulation?) or even anovulatory cycles. I have so many questions for my gyno

Today I have more cramps and am getting very grumpy. Took two ibuprofen and paracetamol as i have a brunch to go to. Feels like I am getting my period but it's waaaay to early. Think it's all bad PMS though. Some days I feel really confident that we BD around the peak fertility time so we have a good shot and some days I think it's all just stress and PMS and I'm just being silly

Best of luck to you too Laurel. Hope you find some time also to enjoy DH being home. (excuse the pun) but seems like you are in a similar 'boat' to me, same age and same aged DH and recently TTC.

I am planning to test next weekend if no AF but due to the irregular cycles this might be too early so if it is BFN I am planning testing wb 17th

Nice to hear from you Laurel

:)
Married 23/03/2013

PhDer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NewStory » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:29 am

PhDer - Lise, sounds like you should definitely talk to your gyno! Even if just for peace of mind while you are TCC an USS would be no harm, and you're within your rights to request any tests.
It does sound like we are in similar situations. I used to run long distance and remember have very long cycle in my early 20s when I was training lots 5 days a week or more so could be something to talk to the doc about also, I know it's hard to cut back on exercise though when you're in a good training routine. I only do 5k run couple times a week and a heck of a lot of dog walking now and that has helped my cycle even out I think. And fit bodies are good for pregnancy too!
I think I'm 2DPO right now and managed to convince DH to stay awake for BD lol so (based on symptoms around O and my average cycle) I have a long wait ahead til I can test.

Best of luck
Wishing

Married 4 years,
TTC#1 since Jan 2015

Taking:
Prenatals + omegas, RRLT

My Ovulation Chart
NewStory
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby kelleytrev88 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Hiya ladies. I'm also new the tissue page. I'm finding it hard to find a good site where I get to chat and get answers etc. I'm ttc baby number 3. Been trying 6 months First month this using ovulation strips. Had anyone used them x
kelleytrev88

Postby NewStory » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:38 am

Hi Kelly!

Haven't used the OPK strips yet myself, am new here too. Seems like the TTC buddy group threads are pretty active and lots of the ladies there have experience of the OPK etc hope that is useful. Where in your cycle are you?
Wishing you all the best!

Married 4 years,
TTC#1 since Jan 2015

Taking:
Prenatals + omegas, RRLT

My Ovulation Chart
NewStory
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby PhDer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi Kelly

I have just started to use the OPKS this cycle (#2) and I found you need to know a bit more about your cycles before using them becomes a bit easier. So for me I started using them once a day on CD10 because my friend said to. I burnt through a whole pack of 7 sticks by CD17 with nothing! I also bought the clearblue advanced digital which gave me 4 days of flashing smileys before I ran out of those too. FINALLY CD19 I have my clear OPK +ve. If this is not my month I will still be interested to see how long my luteal phase is.

My cycles since TTC have ranged from 36 days( I think due to international travel/flu) to a shorter 29 days. Thinking back i think they tend to be on the longer side .

Others may have said what is nice about the dip sticks is you can see a clear line progression. So for me a line appeared on CD17 in the evening, Got darker on on CD18 and was clearly positive on CD19 in the morning. So looks like I might ovulate around CD20!! I think this is OK though as with a 30+ day cycle gives plenty of time for luteal phase.

Hope that helps. I am pretty new to this to but I do think using the OPKS has given me a lot of information. I had been freaked out I was not even ovulating due to my irregular/long cycles so having a positive OPK has been awesome and made me feel heaps better :D
Married 23/03/2013

PhDer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Baby_Beebee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:04 am

Hi Ladies,

I too recently turned 31 and have been ttc for roughly 2 years this will be the first for both of us. Neither of us has been tested waiting for the insurance to change in April before sending DH in to get a count. I figured we were young and in the first year it was more of a not preventing than trying type thing. Now however it is more in the forefront of our minds and I'm getting anxious as time passes and I watch all my friends kids grow up. AF is going to show today or tomorrow I believe. Took a test yesterday as I have xrays (chiro) scheduled for today and I knew they would ask right away if there was a chance I could be preggo. I was pretty sure I wasn't, I think we missed the window this month, but I had to check for peace of mind.

Don't have many people to talk about all this with as all my friends conceived accidentally or within the first month or two. I've been following this site for a while but would really like a small group to keep up with. Some posts get so long and so many people post on them I can never keep the people straight :o/ I will read over the ones on this post better when I get back. I just had a ten minute window and thought this group looked like it had some promise.

Best of Luck to All,
BB
Baby_Beebee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby PhDer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:51 am

Baby_Beebee wrote:Hi Ladies,

I too recently turned 31 and have been ttc for roughly 2 years this will be the first for both of us. Neither of us has been tested waiting for the insurance to change in April before sending DH in to get a count. I figured we were young and in the first year it was more of a not preventing than trying type thing. Now however it is more in the forefront of our minds and I'm getting anxious as time passes and I watch all my friends kids grow up. AF is going to show today or tomorrow I believe. Took a test yesterday as I have xrays (chiro) scheduled for today and I knew they would ask right away if there was a chance I could be preggo. I was pretty sure I wasn't, I think we missed the window this month, but I had to check for peace of mind.

Don't have many people to talk about all this with as all my friends conceived accidentally or within the first month or two. I've been following this site for a while but would really like a small group to keep up with. Some posts get so long and so many people post on them I can never keep the people straight :o/ I will read over the ones on this post better when I get back. I just had a ten minute window and thought this group looked like it had some promise.

Best of Luck to All,
BB

Thanks BB I hope that we can be of some help :)

I'm delaying xrays at the chiro till next week as I am around 6DPO atm. Dying to test but am waiting till the weekend where I will be 10DPO. Do you use OPKS? I just started using them this month and so far I think they will be really good, especially as I have irregular cycles

Do let us know if that BFN turns into a BFP :)
Married 23/03/2013

PhDer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Baby_Beebee » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:04 am

I have used OPK's in the past that I got at the dollar store. But I felt like they would be pos. for the whole week and I couldn't pin point the best time. So I actually bought the saliva microscope for testing O. I feel those results are clearer to me and I feel I have it figured out more to the best days. Obviously not perfected or I wouldn't be dealing with AF as we speak :oP
Baby_Beebee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby PhDer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:27 pm

I had trouble with the microscope I couldn't see as a clear of a ferning pattern as on the leaflet but the clearblue advanced was showing the flashing smiley. But if it works for you is probably more cost effective

Sorry AF came.. I am pretty sure I am out this month. AF is due Sunday-Tues (not entirely sure haven't figured out my luteal phase length but based on other cycle length)

P.S I love your avatar. Very arawrable :P
Married 23/03/2013

PhDer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Baby_Beebee » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:37 am

It took me a while to see the ferning pattern. It was always spots just spots and than I thought I'd do it for fun thinking I had already O'd earlier that week and I saw it and when it's there it is So Clear and Really Pretty lol I really think you can only see it for a day or two. So if you don't do it everyday or know your cycle it's easy to miss. My friend used it and thats when they got preggo so I thought might as well give it a shot. I do like that I don't have to run out and buy more all the time!!

I've been obsessing with adorable dinos since we started trying. Boy or Girl they'll end up with some dinos :o) Rawr!!
Baby_Beebee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby graygray » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Hey guys,
I've also been ttc since nov. I'm in my 30s. Just started charting my temperature. Also using ovulation tests. I'm 4 dpo... And the two week wait to test is killing me. Both my siblings and almost all my friends have babies now and I know im pretty new to trying, but it's already getting stressful. Anyways, baby dust to you all. Hoping for good news for all of us soon.
graygray

Next

Return to TTC in our 30s