First time posting on a TTC forum

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First time posting on a TTC forum

Postby elliecat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:52 am

I'm a complete newbie... Will use the template to introduce myself:

Name/Partner's Name: Ellie & Robert
Age/Partner's Age: 37 (38 next month) & 41
How long have you been together: 16 months together, getting married on 23rd May 2015.
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: none
How long have you been TTC: 3rd month
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: not that we know about!
Anything about yourself you want to share:

I have wanted children for so long, but was not in a good place emotionally and couldn't meet the right man. Met Robert, he proposed after just 8 months and we are now trying for a baby. I'm convinced I'll never get a BFP because of my age, even though we've only just started trying...
The first 2 months, I got really sore bbs from about 4 dpo, which is fairly normal for me.
Last month, AF arrived 5 days early, which never happens, so it could have been a chemical pregnancy. I'll never know...
This month, my bbs are not at all sore and I'm now at 9 dpo, AF due in 5 days. If I'm not lucky this month, I've been lent an ovulation monitor to try.
I'm googling everything, obsessing about it all, stalking forums... I thought it was about time I signed up!

So. Hello!
elliecat

Re: First time posting on a TTC forum

Postby hero7 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:36 am

Hi Ellie!

Welcome to the "club"! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You and I have similar stories - It took til I was 36 to finally meet my soul mate - he proposed after just 7 months and we were married 4 months later! We have been TTC since our wedding night, Nov, 2, 2014! No luck yet...we went on our honeymoon during my fertile week this month, so now we're hoping for a Hawaiian baby! ;-)

I can tell you these boards are great! But I also find myself spending way too much time stalking them! I think I try to find clues, tips, techniques...anything that will increase my chances of having a baby.

I track my ovulation/cycle with apps on my phone (Ovia) and use ovulation predictor tests (OPKs). I temped one cycle, but found it to be too stressful...but a lot of people here swear by that too!

I have found that tracking the ovulation really helps us! I feel like it takes the pressure off of when to BD and we can narrow it down to a specific few days each month. Since we are newlyweds, we just want to enjoy each other, but both also REALLY want a baby so we find a good balance with keeping track of my cycle.

I hope you have lots of luck with TTC and it doesn't take much time at all! I have had some ups and downs and discovered that it really isn't in my control! HA! I do what I can to stay calm and not make myself crazy during the TWW, but it isn't easy! I've got 4 days til AF is due and I took 2 tests already...I'm out of HPTs now which is probably a good thing!

Anyways, I've rambled on enough-welcome again & good luck to you! Let us know if you have any questions. Sometimes posting stuff in the general boards you get more feedback...just FYI.

Have a great day!
Me: 38
Hubby: 42

Married 11/2/2014
TTC #1

March 2015 - confirmed early MC/CP
May & June 2015 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2015 - Testing done: AMH 0.72, FSH 10, DH SA #s are great, but lowish morphology
Aug 2015 - Follistim w/ timed - BFN
Oct 2015 - Follistim w/ IUI - BFN
Dec 2015 - New RE!! Updated labs - AMH is now 1.3! Started IVF meds 12/31, retrieval mid-Jan
hero7
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mrila » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:54 am

Hello,
this is our first time on a forum and first time TTC. I and DH are 31 turning 32. We've been married for 5 years now but could not TTC due to work, financial and family concerns. Last month or so we have been TTCing and hope we do not have to wait long. Wonder if any of you have used the OPK's. Mine just don't show any LH surge at all but my periods are always on time (31-32 day cycle). Do any of you have suggestions on what we could do?

Sending tonnes of baby wishes along your way.

Best
M
Mrila

Postby hero7 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 am

Hi Mrila!

Welcome to the board! Here's what I know about OPKs...the digital ones say to use first morning urine (FMU). I use the cheap ones off the internet (Clinical Guard) and have read that your Lutenizing Hormone (LH) that they are testing for actually surges later in the morning. So for those it's best to test mid-morning or later.

Another thing to know is that your LH surge can be quick, so if you are only testing once a day, you could miss it! Sometimes it's just 12 hours that you get a notice the egg is a'coming! So many people suggest to test a couple times a day if you can. My cycles are ~28 days give or take. So I start the OPKs on CD8-9. Usually there is NO line at all, so I just do one a day or one am/one pm.

Then on CD10-11 I usually see a faint line appear mid-morning. That keys me in that it is coming....so on that day I'll test again around 3-4pm, and 7-8pm...just depending on my schedule.

I'd suggest testing 2-3x/day starting mid-cycle/day 10. It may take you a couple cycles to figure it out, but if you still aren't seeing any +OPKs, it may be that you aren't ovulating. It took my friend a few months after coming off BCP to see a +OPK, so don't stress....if you are just coming of BCP it will just take a bit for your body to regulate.

In the meantime, have fun BDing and trying during your fertile periods and you never know! You're young so you might just get lucky!
Me: 38
Hubby: 42

Married 11/2/2014
TTC #1

March 2015 - confirmed early MC/CP
May & June 2015 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2015 - Testing done: AMH 0.72, FSH 10, DH SA #s are great, but lowish morphology
Aug 2015 - Follistim w/ timed - BFN
Oct 2015 - Follistim w/ IUI - BFN
Dec 2015 - New RE!! Updated labs - AMH is now 1.3! Started IVF meds 12/31, retrieval mid-Jan
hero7
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC in our 30s