Greetings and Needing Support

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Greetings and Needing Support

Postby Cadenceoflife » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Hey, (and sorry if this is the wrong forum)

I have been a long time lurker and finally got brave enough to post. Mainly because I am feeling completely just, depressed. I am sorry that we 'meet' when I'm so down but I just don't know where else to turn really. I have no one in my life that I can talk to about these things and I think that if I continue to stress my husband out with all my concerns it will only make matters worse. So, here it goes:

I am 30 years old. We started ttc a year ago (almost to the day) and have had no luck what so ever. We finally decided to start exploring possible reasons that it hasn't been happening and in the last 2 weeks I am just overwhelmed by what's unraveling.

For starters, I found out that I have hypothyroidism. LSH of 6.8/T4 1.0 They put me on Levothyroxin and are hoping that will help quite a bit but at the same time my husbands semen analysis results came back with low vitality and morphology (mainly head malformation). He's only at 2% normal and 28% vitality.

I know that since this board is for 30s people you all can understand my sense of urgency when it comes to making baby. I swear at times I can literally hear my clock ticking and now we are getting results that are putting us on the "it will just take you longer to conceive", but it's already been over a year and I'm just getting really depressed. I know that trying for a little over a year isn't that long in the big picture, but what's got me down is that there are now confirmed medical obstacles to our adventure in baby making.

They want us to start talking about fertility treatments but the downside is our insurance doesn't pay at all for them. So how do you decide how much money you can/are willing to spend? I mean my heart says spend every last penny because I want a baby more than anything in the world... my brain tells me that we can't bankrupt ourselves because if we do get our miracle we want to be able to give him or her the most wonderful life possible and not be in debt. I don't know how you go about making these choices.

Every Dr's appointment causes so much stress and my journey into the world of infertility is just starting.

Again, I apologize for posting and just introducing myself complaining. I am just so heartbroken right now and I was hoping someone here might be able to provide some encouragement or advice.

Thank you all. You've been a great source of inspiration and advice for me even before I decided to step out of the shadows and even if no one responds I just want to thank you for the great community that I love to visit.
Cadenceoflife
Friend

Re: Greetings and Needing Support

Postby hopeful_lyns » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Hey I just wanted to post a reply cause I can really relate to your post. For us dh had a son from a previous relationship and had had a vasectomy reversal that failed so we have no choice but fertility treatment. We had two choices ivf or iui but with donor sperm. Ivf for all that we would need was going to be 14k (not in our budget) so we opted for the iui as it was just 1k. Huge difference. No one can tell you what is right for how much to spend but you and dh. My best suggestion is to find out your options and the costs and work from there. I wish you luck in which ever option you choice
Me 32 DH 43-failed vasectomy reversal 0 count

IUI #1- unmedicated/unmonitored bfn
IUI #2- unmedicated/unmonitored bfn
IUI #3- unmedicated/unmonitored bfn
IUI #4- clomid 100mg trigger 1 follies bfn
IUI #5- clomid 100mg trigger 3 follies bfp- early mc 5w4d
IUI #6- clomid 100mg trigger 2 follies bfn
hopeful_lyns
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 30s