Hello from New Zealand!

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hello from New Zealand!

Postby SueMein » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:19 pm

To all of you who haven't met me or those who have, let me introduce myself.

Hi! My name is Sue. I'm 31 (almost 32) and from New Zealand. Trying to conceive my first child since October 2015.

I am currently in my 2ww, second time around and much calmer this time.

I've been taking my temperature and putting it into the ovagraph app and it works well to see when I've ovulated. OPKs didn't work for me in the past, but will maybe try them again one more time.

I am an optimizer and info junkie when it comes to ttc. lol. I've been doing a LOT of research (reading books, talking to people), and I'm planning to put up a website to share what I've learned. I do public speaking (for fun) and thought it would be great to interview the top experts in fertility and share this information with others.

What do you think about my idea? And what do you do to optimize your chances to conceive? :babydustg: :babydustb:
31 Yr old kiwi girl TTC #1 since Oct 2015. I highly recommend the book. "Taking Charge of Your Fertility", and the "Ovagraph" app.

BFP - 01-02-2016

SueMein
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Hello from New Zealand!

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:49 am

Hey Sue! Good luck and :babydustg:

I am 32 so we are close in age. Also trying to conceive my first child, but we've been trying for longer (since March). I also did a lot of research on this process and I am back in the waiting game - expected CD1 for me today.

I hope your website is a success and you can find more information on the subject. There's a lot of information out there, some myth, some not.

What do I do to optimize? Umm..I've been temping since July, using OPKs, timed intercourse, prenatals, DH is on vitamins, blood tests, vaginal ultrasounds to monitor follicles, preseed, Robitussin, and God knows what else. We are doing IUI with trigger this month because other options have not worked. FX for us!
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby joiedevivre » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi Sue! I'm also new and I'm also 31 (as of yesterday.) What's an ovagraph? I'm still learning all the tricks and tools of ttc. Website sounds awesome. GL!
joiedevivre
Friend

Postby SueMein » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Thanks for the warm replies, girls.

Wish we started trying earlier. I just saw sobering (depressing) facts about ttc at 32 - your chances is only 15% each month and at cycle 10 you have 80.31% chance of success. Earlier cycle's success rates is quite low. :(

Why do we feel so inclined to get pregnant fast and why is it so depressing to have to wait? My DH can't understand it. What do you think?

Luckily you are closer to that success rate, scarletWillow3086,

joiedevivre, Happy birthday! Hope this is a lucky month for you. :balloons:

"ovagraph" is the official tracking app of the "Taking charge of your fertility book." It helps you track your BBT (temperature upon rising) and shows you when you ovulated. It's a great app and a great book.

FX for you both!

PS. If any of you have questions, I'll see where I can help.
31 Yr old kiwi girl TTC #1 since Oct 2015. I highly recommend the book. "Taking Charge of Your Fertility", and the "Ovagraph" app.

BFP - 01-02-2016

SueMein
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SueMein » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:55 pm

scarletWillow3086 wrote:Hey Sue! Good luck and :babydustg:

There's a lot of information out there, some myth, some not.

Scarlet, tell us about some of those myths you've found?

BFP - 01-02-2016

SueMein
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Wants_1 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi'ya

I'm super new here (this is my first post). I'm not a kiwi but I live in NZ :)

So ... Hi :D
Wants_1
Friend

Postby SueMein » Mon May 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi wants_1!

Thanks for making your first post mine!

I was also not born in NZ, but I consider myself a kiwi.

If there is anything ttc related I can help with, just ask! I know a ton. :)

BFP - 01-02-2016

SueMein
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Wants_1 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi Sue,

I think I have it kind of under control at the moment. I'm sure as the months progress I'll have more questions.

Hoping things happpen as quickly as they did last time - of course - last time I had an extra fallopian tube and I was a few years younger. :?

Biggest question i probably where to get the best local/kiwi deal on "supplies" (pee sticks and the like?)
Not sure if you're allowed to answer that on the board or not - so sorry if asking is against the rules.
Wants_1
Friend

Return to TTC in our 30s